Author Topic: Restore Old Bitshares Wallet in Open Ledger Help!  (Read 3963 times)

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Ok so I managed to get the restore wallet using Brain Key method to work (almost)

I entered an password, wallet name and the old brain key, then clicked Ok then it said "Done"

When I go to the new wallet there is no account there and I dont see where the old wallet was restored.
It might be that your accounts are just "hidden" .. can you go to your account through the block explorer and see if you have the private keys (from the permissions page?)

Offline TheBitcoinCPA

• View Profile
Ok so I managed to get the restore wallet using Brain Key method to work (almost)

I entered an password, wallet name and the old brain key, then clicked Ok then it said "Done"

When I go to the new wallet there is no account there and I dont see where the old wallet was restored.

Offline TheBitcoinCPA

• View Profile
I would greatly appreciate some help on getting an old bitshares webwallet restored in Open Ledger. 

Here is the issue: (and important to note I am doing this on a Mac using chrome)

a) I don't see any support in the help section of open ledger regarding wallets restores or importing; hence the inquiry

b) There are 4 options to restore under: Settings: Restore/Import
1) Restore from a backup file (.bin)
2) Import a private key
3) Import a BTS 0.9.3c key export file (.json)
4) Restore using a wallet brain key

c) We attempted to restore using #4 wallet brain key
The restore tab has the following message:
In order to restore from a brainkey, you will need to create a new wallet. Please provide a password and name for your new wallet below, then enter your brainkey.

d) We enter a password, confirm the password and enter a wallet name but the blue “create new wallet” button stays grayed out and is not clickable.
No prompts display asking for a longer password or invalid characters for wallet name etc.
"Fetching dictionary…”  is the only thing that displays

e) NOTE: We have a recovery key saved which is the term used in the old web wallet version. Therefore, it appears this is the brain key as it’s called now.

f) We can’t perform #1 or #3
We have a unix executable file and a .dat file but NO .bin or .json