Author Topic: btsbots wallet release v0.0.1  (Read 93601 times)

Offline alt

• View Profile
  • BitShares: baozi
several people are using btsbots's mm bot service now.
because I'm not very family with the web develop. the setting page for mm bot is still not complete
you can use develop console of your browser for some setting if you want.
1. set limit for the total balance of your account. you need set localStorage.bots_limit in develop console, then refresh your web page to load it.
for example:
localStorage.bots_limit=JSON.stringify({"PEERPLAYS": "2000", "BLOCKPAY": "150", "OBITS": "2000", "CNY": "300", "USD": "500"})
this means the bots will not buy PEERPLAYS if your total balance of PEERPLAYS is more than 2000 CNY.

2. use your local price  as reference.you need to set localStorage.local_price in develop console, then refresh the page.
for example
localStorage.local_price=JSON.stringify({"CADASTRAL": ["0.5001", "BTS"], "OPEN.USD": ["1.0", "USD"]})
after this update localStorage not use for bots config any more. the command have change to:
set_profile('local_price', {"CADASTRAL": ["0.5001", "BTS"], "OPEN.USD": ["1.0", "USD"]})

Offline alt

• View Profile
an important update
I have implement the authentication system for server side just now.
client sent an object with timestamp info, and add a signature with the private key.
server side verify the signature and the time info.

so the same account from different device/browser will sync the profile data in realtime.
this means, you can adjust the bot's parameter from mobile phone when you are outside, and the PC at home which running the bots will react in the same time.
and this include other data, include:  favorate market/account/asset ...

the data should sync to server automatic.
if something wrong, you have lost the bots config, you can open the develop console, and run : copy_from_local()
this will sync the local data to server side. (private key not include)

Offline JonnyB

• View Profile
    • twitter.com/jonnybitcoin
By the way, the bot works like charm. Very easy to use and it actually makes profit. This is amazing!

Edit: YAY, I see total values in balances! This client is improving at impressive pace!

This is impressive and developing rapidly. This is exciting precisely because liquidity is bitshares biggest issue, this will allow many people to provide liquidity and become market makers.  More people need to know about it, Maybe I will make a demonstration video to show others how to use it. If everyone put $500 towards the Market Maker Bots then maybe bitusd would be liquid enough to be useful.

Yeah, this is better than market making pool.

Don't forget to show positive 28 days trade balance number in your video :)

I only started using it this week.
I run the @bitshares twitter handle
twitter.com/bitshares

Offline yvv

• View Profile
By the way, the bot works like charm. Very easy to use and it actually makes profit. This is amazing!

Edit: YAY, I see total values in balances! This client is improving at impressive pace!

This is impressive and developing rapidly. This is exciting precisely because liquidity is bitshares biggest issue, this will allow many people to provide liquidity and become market makers.  More people need to know about it, Maybe I will make a demonstration video to show others how to use it. If everyone put $500 towards the Market Maker Bots then maybe bitusd would be liquid enough to be useful.

Yeah, this is better than market making pool.

Don't forget to show positive 28 days trade balance number in your video :)

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav

as usual, an easy tutorial would be cool :)

should start by explaining how to add a 2nd active key
« Last Edit: November 19, 2016, 01:50:11 pm by fav »

Offline JonnyB

• View Profile

twitter.com/bitshares

Offline alt

• View Profile

my pleasure, wish you all earn money.

Offline yvv

• View Profile

« Last Edit: November 18, 2016, 10:43:37 pm by yvv »

Offline alt

• View Profile
@alt

You could improve account overview representation with little effort. You show several tables which show account balance and trade volumes, with the last column showing the value in CNY for each asset. This is very useful. It would be great if you add a number for total CNY value, which is a sum of rows in "Value(CNY)" column in each table. This would allow to see a net asset value of account and its change without using calculator.
I should add this early, thanks.

Offline yvv

• View Profile
@alt

You could improve account overview representation with little effort. You show several tables which show account balance and trade volumes, with the last column showing the value in CNY for each asset. This is very useful. It would be great if you add a number for total CNY value, which is a sum of rows in "Value(CNY)" column in each table. This would allow to see a net asset value of account and its change without using calculator.

Offline alt

• View Profile
1. BTS/smart coin/open.btc liked UIA, the price source come from main exchange like polo, btc38, okcoin, after some filter algorithm, it's used by my mm bots exchange.btsbots for a long time.
2. other asset, price source come from blockchain wallet market's filled history, some market is lack of liquidity, so the price is not much reliable.

buy at price/1.01, sell at price*1.02

What is the reference price?

Thanks for building this MM Bot. It's great for the less technical amongst us and can really help bootstrap liquidity. I've been playing with it a lot today.
My only issue is the non transparent reference point. Why can't it be the same as the feed price from witnesses?
feed price used to protect margin call, it's allowed to have some latency, for now it's about 30 minutes. this is very danger for traders.
current reference price is generated by btsprice,  it's used by some witness as feed price scripts. used by mm bot 'exchange.btsbots' as reference price about 1 year, and it's open source here:
https://github.com/pch957/btsprice

any way, it's always better to provide more different way for the mm bot.
I'll try to open more options for mm bot in the future, include the reference price.

thanks for your advice and thanks for everyone who is help test the mm bot.

Offline JonnyB

• View Profile
1. BTS/smart coin/open.btc liked UIA, the price source come from main exchange like polo, btc38, okcoin, after some filter algorithm, it's used by my mm bots exchange.btsbots for a long time.
2. other asset, price source come from blockchain wallet market's filled history, some market is lack of liquidity, so the price is not much reliable.

buy at price/1.01, sell at price*1.02

What is the reference price?

Thanks for building this MM Bot. It's great for the less technical amongst us and can really help bootstrap liquidity. I've been playing with it a lot today.
My only issue is the non transparent reference point. Why can't it be the same as the feed price from witnesses?
twitter.com/bitshares

Offline alt

• View Profile
I have change the description from "exchange from BTSBots" to " trade with arbitrage bot".
there are some different between these two.
"exchange from BTSBots" means user sent asset A to exchange.btsbots, and exchange.btsbots buy  asset B for user from other markets.
so there are no trade in market A/B, the trade fees for asset A and B are saved.

'trade with arbitrage bot' is a bit expensive than "exchange from BTSBots"

I'll change back to "exchange from BTSBots" when the develop complete.

In fact, you just need click the price column of the order, and make a normal order with this price.
the arbitrage bots will take your order because of a bit profit.
you can try it if you found some good price.

and I will add some other options for this service, just like before, user sent fund to exchagne.btsbots, with a price and asset name in the memo,
exchange.btsbots will take the order and sent funds back to user

This feature (or similar) was being discussed long before.
@pc knows much.  (Depth of internal markets are much deeper than what we can see in the "official" client now).

IMHO it's best if integrate it into the "official" client. Not bad that you're now operating this as a public services though.

This would be a big advantage over other exchanges.

So, if I want to take "exchange from BTSBots" offer, how exactly I do this?

Offline alt

• View Profile
many other improve for traders.
for example when you click a price of an order and want take it, sometimes you'll failure because of a precision problem.
you'll never meet this problem in btsbots.com

Offline alt

• View Profile
In fact, you just need click the price column of the order, and make a normal order with this price.
the arbitrage bots will take your order because of a bit profit.
you can try it if you found some good price.

and I will add some other options for this service, just like before, user sent fund to exchagne.btsbots, with a price and asset name in the memo,
exchange.btsbots will take the order and sent funds back to user

This feature (or similar) was being discussed long before.
@pc knows much.  (Depth of internal markets are much deeper than what we can see in the "official" client now).

IMHO it's best if integrate it into the "official" client. Not bad that you're now operating this as a public services though.

This would be a big advantage over other exchanges.

So, if I want to take "exchange from BTSBots" offer, how exactly I do this?