Author Topic: btsbots wallet release v0.0.1  (Read 93623 times)

Offline 8ejM

• View Profile
Hi alt,

thank you for your work, I think one can't overestimate the value the rise in liquidity brought to bitshares by your software.
I see that it's pretty work-in-progress. And want to make a few wishes, if I may:

* An oversight of all available markets with informations about the used price feed.
I was trading DASH the other day, low liquidity there still, and was a bit worried about the price feed quality. Sometimes the prices changed but my bots didn't react. Other bots seemed not to follow the same feed, and some actions observed with others bots didn't seem to make sense. Maybe everything is alright, but I'm lacking these informations about the price feed to throw real money at such a market.

PS: I saw you writing, that Dash price feed is the poloniex data.

* Safeguard against bad or broken connections:
The main reason I halted trading for now is that I assume my connection to be poor. I don't know if I get all feeds on time and sometimes the websocket connection is lost which leaves open orders unattended. It would be nice if the client would be able to recognize delayed data (maybe a timestamp in the feed data) and missed data (if that can be the possible in websocket, maybe a index number in the feed data). Any of these events, plus the worst case a broken websocket connection, could set the client in emergency mode, making him desperately try to reconnect and cancel all orders immediately.

Offline Harvey

• View Profile
BTS       Witness:harvey-xts Seed:128.199.143.47:2015 API:wss://128.199.143.47:2016 
MUSE   Witness:harvey-xts Seed:128.199.143.47:2017 API:ws://128.199.143.47:2018

Offline KenMonkey

• View Profile
  • BitShares: kmnk

Offline alt

• View Profile
  • BitShares: baozi
BTSBots work on Bitshares, use the same accounts as Bitshares
next step is make it open source, maybe at July

Does BTS Bots work on Bitshare Asset Exchange or just OpenLedger? Do you need to use separate accounts?

When are you planning to release a new version?  ;D

Offline renkcub

• View Profile
Does BTS Bots work on Bitshare Asset Exchange or just OpenLedger? Do you need to use separate accounts?

When are you planning to release a new version?  ;D

Offline alt

• View Profile
https://btsbots.com/download/btsbots-wallet.apk

is there somewhere other than the google playstore that I can download the android .APK from?

I now have dedicated android device i want to use for btsbots but can't download from playstore unless I link it to a google account which I don't want to.

Offline nmywn

• View Profile
Yes.Link is somewhere in this topic.

Offline JonnyB

• View Profile
    • twitter.com/jonnybitcoin
is there somewhere other than the google playstore that I can download the android .APK from?

I now have dedicated android device i want to use for btsbots but can't download from playstore unless I link it to a google account which I don't want to.
I run the @bitshares twitter handle
twitter.com/bitshares

Offline alt

• View Profile
I have started a tutorial to help guide people through setting up BTSBots and becoming market makers.  Thank you for inspiring me and all you and your app have done for the community!

I'd love support: https://steemit.com/bitshares/@scythian/dex-market-maker-tutorial-bits-and-btsbots
awesome! thank you!

Offline alt

• View Profile
Using BTSBots requires users to share their active permission private key so we recommend creating a second account

This is a disinformation. You don't share your private key. @alt is this correct?
yes, it's correct
like the wallet in https://bitsahres.openledger.info, private key only saved in the client, never reached server.
but there is a risk that I cheat all of you, change the JS code, send your private key to server side.
so I need to open source the client  ASAP, then you can compile the  app yourself, make sure your private key never sent to server side.

Offline yvv

• View Profile
Using BTSBots requires users to share their active permission private key so we recommend creating a second account

This is a disinformation. You don't share your private key. @alt is this correct?

Offline yvv

• View Profile
Recommend at least 250-300% BTS collateral

This is a very questionable recommendation. By shorting bitAsset, you bet on its future price, and if your bet is wrong, you better take your loss sooner than later. Unless you are long on BTS at very long term.

Offline nmywn

• View Profile
Maintenance collateral ratio (MCR): A ratio defined by the witnesses as minimum required collateral ratio.
Maximum short squeeze ratio (MSQR): A ratio defined by the witnesses as to how far shorts are protected against short squeezes.
Short squeeze protection (SQP): Defines the most a margin position will ever be forced to pay to cover settlement.

This is defined by asset issuer.

Offline vegolino

• Reality is Information
    • View Profile
I have started a tutorial to help guide people through setting up BTSBots and becoming market makers.  Thank you for inspiring me and all you and your app have done for the community!

I'd love support: https://steemit.com/bitshares/@scythian/dex-market-maker-tutorial-bits-and-btsbots
Thank you

Offline mranderson