Author Topic: Coyote Miner | PPS Mining Pool  (Read 403546 times)

Offline xxrforone

• View Profile
Re: ALPHA MINER - 1.5 GB unlimited threads... better HPM Win64 Miner!
« Reply #746 on: November 11, 2013, 01:17:52 pm »
come back sir! :'(

Offline Ethapus

• View Profile
« Reply #745 on: November 11, 2013, 01:17:22 pm »
Sorry to drop this noobish question on you, but it is something fundamental that I am just not sure of  :D

When pool mining (or expecting any other transfers) does the client have to be open, running and correctly synced? Do the coins still arrive if client is not running? What if client is running but lost sync? So far I have been keeping client open at all times and making sure it stayed synced just to be safe  ;D

EDIT: In case I wasn't clear, with client I mean the qt client, or wallet.

Wallet doesn't have to be open.  Look at the wallet as an image of whats on the network.  Its looks at your account and updates.  That data is held on the infrastructure so no, you don't need your wallet open but good to update once a day i suggest.

Thank you very much sir :)

Offline NineLives

• View Profile
    • BITCOIN TALK PROFILE
« Reply #744 on: November 11, 2013, 01:08:37 pm »
Sorry to drop this noobish question on you, but it is something fundamental that I am just not sure of  :D

When pool mining (or expecting any other transfers) does the client have to be open, running and correctly synced? Do the coins still arrive if client is not running? What if client is running but lost sync? So far I have been keeping client open at all times and making sure it stayed synced just to be safe  ;D

Wallet doesn't have to be open.  Look at the wallet as an image of whats on the network.  Its looks at your account and updates.  That data is held on the infrastructure so no, you don't need your wallet open but good to update once a day i suggest.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2013, 01:10:14 pm by NineLives »
Keyhotee / BTSX:  Merah    PTS:  PskEDN4AeWc1trW4zV7DGGTQi3y5LeVhFR 

BTC Mining Hardware IN STOCK NOW:  http://www.mininghardware.co.uk

Offline Ethapus

• View Profile
« Reply #743 on: November 11, 2013, 12:57:55 pm »

Offline arubi

• View Profile
« Reply #742 on: November 11, 2013, 12:52:29 pm »
i think i've figured out the problem, just need someone with a ready linux box to test out my theory. PM me if you have one.

You can create a droplet for a few cents an hour to test it.

no need,
I pmed about a machine I own

Offline spoonman

• View Profile
« Reply #741 on: November 11, 2013, 12:46:37 pm »
i think i've figured out the problem, just need someone with a ready linux box to test out my theory. PM me if you have one.

You can create a droplet for a few cents an hour to test it.

Offline barwizi

• Noirbits, NoirShares, NoirEx.....lol, noir anyone?
    • View Profile
    • Noirbitstalk.org
« Reply #740 on: November 11, 2013, 12:11:35 pm »
--Bar--  PiNEJGUv4AZVZkLuF6hV4xwbYTRp5etWWJ

The magical land of crypto, no freebies people.

Offline alexxy

• View Profile
« Reply #739 on: November 11, 2013, 11:17:06 am »
It dont crashes for me on linux. But i use new boost version 1.53
Vote for my delegates! alexxy | lexx
PTS: PmraxfZ852y9oEKrYMLX1ee3e4qRWPUTFC
BTS: alexxy

Offline xxrforone

• View Profile
« Reply #738 on: November 11, 2013, 11:02:08 am »

Hello everyone... the reason I shut down the pool is due to a bug in protosharesd that causes it to randomly crash.  Others are experiencing this bug since the fork and we are unable to determine the exact cause.  I have started a 1 BTC bounty to help identify and resolve the issues associated with the command line version crashing on linux.

Anyway.. I will be away from my computer for a couple of hours, but I (and others) need this fix urgently because we cannot keep our linux server processes going.

Confirmed. Happening on my protosharesd as well.

Weird thing is, I coulnd't even compile at first. I had to search and replace this file all occurrences of "TIME_UTC" with "TIME_UTC_", as Snard's suggested on irc :

/usr/include/boost/thread/xtime.hpp

Can the bug be somehow related? Debian 7 x64, btw.  I got protosharesd to compile on ubuntu 13.04 x64 with no problems, but it crashes.
I'll check if protosharesd also crashes on my debian.

edit:
Here's what I have :

Ubuntu 13.04 - protosharesd compiled normally and now crashes every few minutes
Debian 7 - Was unable to compile both protosharesd and protoshares-qt,  edited above file, now compiles normally and does not crash

Do I get a btc? :)

maybe lost some environment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline arubi

• View Profile
« Reply #737 on: November 11, 2013, 10:25:29 am »
Hello everyone... the reason I shut down the pool is due to a bug in protosharesd that causes it to randomly crash.  Others are experiencing this bug since the fork and we are unable to determine the exact cause.  I have started a 1 BTC bounty to help identify and resolve the issues associated with the command line version crashing on linux.

Anyway.. I will be away from my computer for a couple of hours, but I (and others) need this fix urgently because we cannot keep our linux server processes going.

Confirmed. Happening on my protosharesd as well.

Weird thing is, I coulnd't even compile at first. I had to search and replace this file all occurrences of "TIME_UTC" with "TIME_UTC_", as Snard's suggested on irc :

/usr/include/boost/thread/xtime.hpp

Can the bug be somehow related? Debian 7 x64, btw.  I got protosharesd to compile on ubuntu 13.04 x64 with no problems, but it crashes.
I'll check if protosharesd also crashes on my debian.

edit:
Here's what I have :

Ubuntu 13.04 - protosharesd compiled normally and now crashes every few minutes
Debian 7 - Was unable to compile both protosharesd and protoshares-qt,  edited above file, now compiles normally and does not crash

Do I get a btc? :)
« Last Edit: November 11, 2013, 10:52:18 am by arubi »

Offline mmx888

• View Profile
« Reply #736 on: November 11, 2013, 09:19:24 am »

OH,,,,NO~~~~~~~~~~~~``
 :'( :'( :'( :'(

Offline NineLives

• View Profile
    • BITCOIN TALK PROFILE
« Reply #735 on: November 11, 2013, 09:17:44 am »

Good morning.  And hope someone comes forward.

PS.  I can post a job at freelancers if you like?
Keyhotee / BTSX:  Merah    PTS:  PskEDN4AeWc1trW4zV7DGGTQi3y5LeVhFR 

BTC Mining Hardware IN STOCK NOW:  http://www.mininghardware.co.uk

Offline bytemaster

« Reply #734 on: November 11, 2013, 09:08:46 am »

For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline qwep

• View Profile
« Reply #733 on: November 11, 2013, 08:39:28 am »

Offline vovik70

• View Profile
« Reply #732 on: November 11, 2013, 08:36:56 am »
 что с пулом ?