Author Topic: Where is BitShares headed?  (Read 5610 times)

Offline R

• View Profile
Re: Where is BitShares headed?
« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2016, 05:06:36 pm »
Graphene 2.0?

steemit.com/steem/@steemitblog/steem-developer-update-graphene-2-0
+5%
Doesn't serve to improve the bitshares exchange.
Yes, I agree. Improvements could be made to the browser wallet to improve user friendliness.

What would be some of the security drawbacks? A centralized entity is trusted not to loose your wallet files incase you loose them.

Is SVK not on DPOS payroll? If not, and if he wants, he should be. There is a ton to be done!

You can look at the current workers here: https://cryptofresh.com/workers

The worker system is not being used, at all.
Should the minimum vote weight required for worker approval be reduced? If you don't vote in an IRL election your vote isn't counted as opposition but rather ignored.

Offline mr-whitekey

« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2016, 04:34:45 am »
Something GChicken said on another thread today:

I honestly see Bitshares as a combination of killer features (scale-ability, speed, governance, flexibility, MPAs(Market Pegged Assets), UIAs(User Issued Assets), Stable-coins, prediction markets) in a world where its competitors individually can only compete on one or two items. But the rest of the world doesn't share my opinion through lack of visibility, education and maybe a marketing issue. i know personally when i get someone to actually try the platform they are blown away, this is not your run of the mill cloned bitcoin wallet; they maybe a little set back at first as it can be a lot to take in, but in general the recognise the functionality and point of differance.

Do y'all  think Bitshares might benefit from a little brand segregation? Nothing about the project needs to fundamentally change and I am not suggesting that we rebrand the core project, but would we make more headway if niche features were represented as new and novel on a new website with a new brand? Obviously it would take a team to implement, but I am thinking a bitshares version of Augur. Augur is built on ethereum, but maintains its own identity. The Bitshares prediction market is built into Bitshares we just need a unique name and a site dedicated just to it, kinda like Openledger does for the exchange aspects. I understand OL has an interface with the prediction market, but let's be honest...  This way we can be clear and focused in our promotion of the platform. Go here for a DEX and here for a decentralized prediction market kinda thing.

Also at the moment the prediction market allows the market creator to decide who wins, may I respectfully say I like Augur's solution much more... we kinda need to address that.

« Last Edit: October 19, 2016, 04:38:29 am by mr-whitekey »

Offline MrJeans

• View Profile
  • BitShares: mrjeans
« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2016, 08:01:47 pm »

I honestly see Bitshares as a combination of killer features (scale-ability, speed, governance, flexibility, MPAs(Market Pegged Assets), UIAs(User Issued Assets), Stable-coins, prediction markets) in a world where its competitors individually can only compete on one or two items. But the rest of the world doesn't share my opinion through lack of visibility, education and maybe a marketing issue. i know personally when i get someone to actually try the platform they are blown away, this is not your run of the mill cloned bitcoin wallet; they maybe a little set back at first as it can be a lot to take in, but in general the recognise the functionality and point of differance.

Do y'all  think Bitshares might benefit from a little brand segregation? Nothing about the project needs to fundamentally change and I am not suggesting that we rebrand the core project, but would we make more headway if niche features were represented as new and novel on a new website with a new brand? Obviously it would take a team to implement, but I am thinking a bitshares version of Augur. Augur is built on ethereum, but maintains its own identity. The Bitshares prediction market is built into Bitshares we just need a unique name and a site dedicated just to it, kinda like Openledger does for the exchange aspects. I understand OL has an interface with the prediction market, but let's be honest...  This way we can be clear and focused in our promotion of the platform. Go here for a DEX and here for a decentralized prediction market kinda thing.

Also at the moment the prediction market allows the market creator to decide who wins, may I respectfully say I like Augur's solution much more... we kinda need to address that.
A great opportunity for a keen entrepreneur to jump on  :)
The projects are opensource and very free. If you see an opportunity, go for it. The space is still very new so there are many opportunities. It wont be like that forever.

Offline jacobcarl

• View Profile
    • application development company india
« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2016, 09:18:03 am »
Nice

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2017, 02:43:23 pm »

A great opportunity for a keen entrepreneur to jump on  :)
The projects are opensource and very free. If you see an opportunity, go for it. The space is still very new so there are many opportunities. It wont be like that forever.
The question is just whether there is a way to do this legally. As far as I know, but I don't know much, operating PMs for US customers is illegal. Does anyone know more about this, particularly about the legality outside the US.