Author Topic: Transaction Throughput Testing  (Read 10422 times)

Offline JianJolly

• View Profile
Is there any plan to stress the mainnet as well?
Makes no sense .. it's expensive and uses the same software .. so why would we?

Hence I added this to the OP: "Conducting the stress test on the mainnet is canceled because of the conclusiveness of the test on the testnet."

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Makes no sense .. it's expensive and uses the same software .. so why would we?

Offline JianJolly

• View Profile
Thank you everyone for participating in the stress test.

Offline aaronic

Alright, that's more TESTs than a patient with a rare blood disorder  ;D

Witness node is configured and humming. Please vote in witness.aaron-ic

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH

Offline aaronic

Awesome, thanks @xeroc . I have the account witness.aaron-ic

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
Hi @xeroc,

In order to keep my host OS free of all the Bitshares build requirements, I decided to go down the route of Docker. Through a bit of trial and error I managed to get a successful build using noisy's fork of your bitshares-docker repo and have a full node [5.xxx.xxx.179] up and running.

I'm now working through the process of becoming a witness based on https://github.com/cryptonomex/graphene/wiki/How-To-become-an-active-witness-in-BitShares-2.0 but not sure how to get the initial balance for LTM. Is there a faucet for the testnet?

Thanks,
Aaron
I realized that the new faucet does not send out inital funds (missed to code that part) ..
if you tell m your account name I can send you plenty of TEST :)

Offline aaronic

Offline aaronic

Hi @xeroc,

In order to keep my host OS free of all the Bitshares build requirements, I decided to go down the route of Docker. Through a bit of trial and error I managed to get a successful build using noisy's fork of your bitshares-docker repo and have a full node [5.xxx.xxx.179] up and running.

I'm now working through the process of becoming a witness based on https://github.com/cryptonomex/graphene/wiki/How-To-become-an-active-witness-in-BitShares-2.0 but not sure how to get the initial balance for LTM. Is there a faucet for the testnet?

Thanks,
Aaron

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
I just realized that the public node only runs on 2G of RAM .. that's why it crashed twice recently ..
Give me a little time and I will put it on a bigger machine ..

Offline Taconator

• View Profile
Available to participate and assist

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
Happy to help @kenCode. It'll be a few day before I can get onto the task.

Thanks for the links @xeroc. Do you have any recommendations for the server spec? From what I have been able to ascertain from other threads something like 4GB RAM, 10-20GB HDD & 50GB bandwidth would be adequate.

Aaron
4GB RAM is the bare minimum .. I expect it to go above that during peak rates on the network ..

Offline aaronic

Happy to help @kenCode. It'll be a few day before I can get onto the task.

Thanks for the links @xeroc. Do you have any recommendations for the server spec? From what I have been able to ascertain from other threads something like 4GB RAM, 10-20GB HDD & 50GB bandwidth would be adequate.

Aaron

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
Hi JianJolly,

I am interested in setting up a BitShares witness node and this test effort would be a great introduction to the ecosystem. I generally use VPSs in Germany but could look at other providers if you need to be more geographically diverse. This will be my first BitShares server but I'm pretty comfortable with Linux sysadmin and software deployments.

Please let me know if this would be helpful and the timeframe of the test effort.

Cheers, Aaron
code is over here: https://github.com/BitSharesEurope/graphene-testnet
the setup is similar to BitShares nodes: http://docs.bitshares.eu/installation/Build.html

I don't have a timeline for the stress test yet.. but we can certainly need some more witnesses to jump in. Let me know if you run into any trouble setting up a witness

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
Hi JianJolly,

I am interested in setting up a BitShares witness node and this test effort would be a great introduction to the ecosystem. I generally use VPSs in Germany but could look at other providers if you need to be more geographically diverse. This will be my first BitShares server but I'm pretty comfortable with Linux sysadmin and software deployments.

Please let me know if this would be helpful and the timeframe of the test effort.

Cheers, Aaron

Definitely, and thank you for the assistance! :)

@JianJolly @xeroc - Do we have a definitive date and UTC time for the event as of yet?
kenCode - Decentraliser @ Agorise
Matrix/Keybase/Hive/Commun/Github: @Agorise
www.PalmPay.chat