Author Topic: [Worker Proposal] New GUI development worker  (Read 10612 times)

Offline Brekyrself

• View Profile
@svk

With the BTS and crypto market so hot at the moment do you have any time to continue GUI development?  Xeroc was able to create the way to get paid in bitUSD for example so it's easier to budget part time/full time etc...

Offline nmywn

• View Profile
@svk
Password login model doesn't work to well. The main reason behind is: wallet is created but  account is not loading after creation and  user is suggested that he's in. If he click "Dashboard" from "Get started" screen,  he will see "create wallet" page again.  He may spot "login with password"  but  this is not enough. I'm trying with Firefox now. In order to login with password and have my account visible I must navigate to my account overview page, which is possible from Dashboard, but its sucks a lot. I guess most people just give up. You can easily check that by clearing storage.

To compare:
  I was forced to clear my light wallet local storage ( had volume sorting bug in "my markets", and this appeared as only possible fix). After that I import wallet with succes, but my account wasn't visble in dashboard. So the only way to navigate to my overview page was through explore/accounts searching.

So i think here is the answer: after wallet is loaded/account created,  next step must lead to overview page.

Offline svk

@svk
Can I ask about your plans? Frankly speaking, I'm starting to panic.

Why are you starting to panic?

I feel like the GUI is in pretty good shape right now, so while I'll certainly fix any bugs that crop up, I'll most likely be focusing on other stuff for a few months.
Worker: dev.bitsharesblocks

Offline nmywn

• View Profile
@svk
Can I ask about your plans? Frankly speaking, I'm starting to panic.

Offline Brekyrself

• View Profile
@svk With this worker wrapping up soon, do you feel there is still more work to justify another proposal?

The GUI has come a long way and appreciate your contributions!

Offline svk

not sure whether below issue is listed in the issues, anyway hope it can be fixed in this worker:

a suprising price often come out when the trade quantity is very low, it's not a problem that the price appear in the listed history, but when the suprising price appear in the chart, it always make the chart confusing and misleading.

if it's possible to filter this kind of price out to let it not appear in the chart, it will be much better. 

Yea I'm aware of this and it's quite frustrating, but it's also quite hard to filter out reliably. I actually already do some some filtering of extreme values, but I also don't want to make the filter so strict that it removes real peaks.

Offline svk

Nice work on the latest release 170314.  This has come a long way and headed in the right direction.

One question I constantly see in the chatbox is "how do I login?"  Can you put a button for login, next to the create account button?  Simply match the settings>backup/restore look and feel.

Thanks again for all the hard work.

Thank you.

There is already is a login button there, it's the padlock.

But I agree it's incredible how often people ask this, despite all the text and tool tips I've added explaining how the Bitshares "login" works.

Offline Brekyrself

• View Profile
Nice work on the latest release 170314.  This has come a long way and headed in the right direction.

One question I constantly see in the chatbox is "how do I login?"  Can you put a button for login, next to the create account button?  Simply match the settings>backup/restore look and feel.

Thanks again for all the hard work.

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav
I'd like to request a simple BTSPGP function similiar to keybase,

Sign-up/Verify & Encrypt/Decrypt

Could you do it?

Offline bitcrab

• Committee member
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: bitcrab
  • GitHub: bitcrab
not sure whether below issue is listed in the issues, anyway hope it can be fixed in this worker:

a suprising price often come out when the trade quantity is very low, it's not a problem that the price appear in the listed history, but when the suprising price appear in the chart, it always make the chart confusing and misleading.

if it's possible to filter this kind of price out to let it not appear in the chart, it will be much better. 

Email:bitcrab@qq.com

Offline Thom

Nice work svk.

Any chance for a toggle button to see a UIA's prefix?  I see the open prefix was removed and I believe this could become confusing to new users.

I think tooltip is good enough. this ends the confusion around btc assets for now

I agree, tooltips are very under utilized IMO, and they are so easy to implement. If it were me I'd require tooltips on every button.
Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere - MLK |  Verbaltech2 Witness Reports: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,23902.0.html

Offline wao

Can optimize the order of the decimal point?

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav
Nice work svk.

Any chance for a toggle button to see a UIA's prefix?  I see the open prefix was removed and I believe this could become confusing to new users.

I think tooltip is good enough. this ends the confusion around btc assets for now

Offline Brekyrself

• View Profile
Nice work svk.