Author Topic: Subforum consolidation  (Read 5933 times)

Offline Chris4210

• Keep Building!
    • View Profile
    • www.payger.com
  • BitShares: chris4210
Done.

The Forum looks way cleaner now. I like the updates.
Vote Chris4210 for Committee Member http://bit.ly/1WKC03B! | www.Payger.com - Payments + Messenger | www.BitShareshub.io - Community based fanpage for the BitShares Blockchain

Offline serejandmyself

• View Profile
Looks much better
btsx - bitsharesrussia

Offline Riverhead

Done.

+5%  Great to see you active again my friend.

Offline vikram

Offline Fox

Making the proposed changes seems a good start. @vikram do you have the required forum access to execute the updates? If not you, then with whom do we connect to initiate this?
Witness: fox

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
general is the only one with good traffic, so sure - go ahead and slim the forum down.
This!

Offline Chronos

Yeah, we don't need "Bitshares 2.0" now that it's the only Bitshares that is Bitshares. Good plans all around.

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav
general is the only one with good traffic, so sure - go ahead and slim the forum down.

Offline vikram

The forum seems very fragmented to me these days, particularly given the evolution of the community since the early days of BitShares 2.

I think it would be healthy to shake things up a bit, and consolidate subforums so that it is simpler for users to discover new and/or active discussion.

What do you think of consolidating the main subforum section into just these 4 categories:
  • General Discussion - Anything not in the below sections. Mostly general BTS discussion but can also include general blockchain technology/industry discussion.
  • Stakeholder Proposals - For concrete voting proposals for proxies, witnesses, committee members, and workers.
  • Project Development - For discussion of concrete software development related to the BTS ecosystem. Ongoing community library/tool discussion can go here.
  • Technical Support - For help to users and service providers with operating or integrating with BTS ecosystem software.

• Questions & Concerns threads will be merged into General Discussion or Technical Support based on the topic.
  • Community Meetups will be merged into General Discussion.
  • BitShares 2.0 and all subforum threads will be merged into General Discussion, Project Development, or Technical Support based on the topic.
  • Marketing and all subforum threads will be merged into General Discussion or Project Development based on the topic.
  • 3rd Party Projects and all subforum threads will be merged into Project Development or Graveyard based on the subforum or topic.
  • Trading & Speculation and all subforum threads will be merged into General Discussion or Project Development based on the topic.
  • Marketplace will be merged into General Discussion.

@fav @xeroc What do you guys think?