Author Topic: [Worker Proposal] New BitShares Core Dev  (Read 32872 times)

Offline Geneko

• View Profile
@oxarbitrage

Glad all going well for you. Looking forward to new updates!
I am sure @fav will agree.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2017, 01:21:37 pm by Geneko »

Offline Permie

• BitShares is the mycelium of the financial-earth
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: krimduss
hello guys, Alfredo here :)
Great to hear from you Alfredo.
I am glad that reserve pool funds are being used to employ a core developer and reinvest reserve funds in the BitShares platform.
Great to hear you are pleased with your current level of compensation too

Keep up the good work :)

EDIT: I didn't read the previous-page discussion with fav. Now I have.
Unsure how I feel about the current level of core developer pay.
I hope Bitshares can retain as many core devs as is needed for a reasonable price.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2017, 01:00:35 pm by Permie »
JonnyBitcoin votes for liquidity and simplicity. Make him your proxy?
BTSDEX.COM

Offline oxarbitrage

hello guys, Alfredo here :)

@Geneko is right, when i started the worker proposal was covering around 2 hours of my rate. Bitshares Munich hired me for 4 hours at first and then upgraded me full time. BTS price was growing but they had to put money at first. With current bitshares prices @Chris decided to give me the full money up to today of the worker and i of course accepted it.  The rest of the worker at the end of it. This money is mine, very happy :)

I was hired by kencode while invoices always went to chris, i don't want to say much about the current drama as i actually don't know much more than what it is already public. i appreciate and respect both sides so i just hope they can find a solution, for the good of the community and because i have several colleagues in the bitshares munich that don't have the luck of having an active worker proposals and were working in bitshares munich private repos.

i hope the solution is finally near in order for this people to resume work. whatever is the result, if people is going to loose their jobs they better if they just know it but i hope no talent escapes as some people will be very hard to replace.

@kenCode used to write about my advances on his weekly report, i will do it by myself now. i agree in weekly reports in a minimum we workers will have to do. there should be some kind of advances always in 1 week. My work is mainly in github core issues, all the coding action of the bitshares community is in github issues and developer telegram channel.

We have 90 issues open right now,  new issues coming in every day and the bts price gets higher more work is needed. Plenty of stuff to do and the group of core devs is very small. We do all we can every day, the people that already know me know this is true.

As i gain more experience i can make more bigger changes to the core, move faster in the issues, basically i am becoming a graphene blockchain expert.

Next post is the advances from my side for the last week, any question pls let me know.

Offline Geneko

• View Profile
I think they made the dill with Alfredo in USD and accepted the risk of BTS fluctuations. Otherwise worker would be payed to Alfredo's account. They probably made new arrangement with Alfredo since BTS has appreciated. Alfredo probably accepted that generous offer. Who wouldn't?

As far as Bitshares concern the dill is clear. Same is related for all payments from Bitshares blockchain. Regarding management of Bitshares company, it is bad dill. That is why we spend so many discussions regarding witness and workers pay denominated in bitUSD.
Next time pay closer attention to those discussions and act accordingly.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2017, 12:01:26 pm by Geneko »

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav

@fav, Please see the initial proposal. The worker is quoted in BTS, not in USD.

quoting again for visibility.

This Proposed 6-month Worker will cost Bitshares 1,630,835 BTS (~4800 USD)
*BitShares Munich will pay the other half, ~4800 USD

using the logic "quoted in BTS" - I'm still missing a second 1100000 BTS transaction from @Chris4210 since they agreed on paying the other half.

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!

Alfredo fully deserves his payout, since he worked many hours for the BitShares community as core dev and is highly motivated to continue.

+1 Good job!

@fav  note that $20/hr is far below market rate for a skilled developer, plus Alfredo was taking a risk AND showing his commitment by accepting payment in BTS.

again, it's not a matter of deserve. this is a company and we hire based on contract.

Offline pc

• View Profile
    • Bitcoin - Perspektive oder Risiko?
  • BitShares: cyrano

Alfredo fully deserves his payout, since he worked many hours for the BitShares community as core dev and is highly motivated to continue.

+1 Good job!

@fav  note that $20/hr is far below market rate for a skilled developer, plus Alfredo was taking a risk AND showing his commitment by accepting payment in BTS.
Bitcoin - Perspektive oder Risiko? ISBN 978-3-8442-6568-2 http://bitcoin.quisquis.de

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
Dear BitShares Stakeholder,

We would like to introduce a new worker proposal that pays for a new BitShares core dev.

Please vote for Worker 1.14.49: Alfredo Garcia, Bitshares Core Dev

This Worker Proposal is for 6 months, and will include fixing Graphene Issues via github, and building the new features for the Bitshares platform and DEx that the community has been asking for.

Worker Details
  • Total Cost of hiring Alfredo: 3,261,671 BTS (~9600 USD at $20/hr)
  • This Proposed 6-month Worker will cost Bitshares 1,630,835 BTS (~4800 USD)
  • *BitShares Munich will pay the other half, ~4800 USD
  • Worker Lifetime: 6 months, (Jan 23 - Jul 23, 2017)
  • Working Hours: 20h per week
  • Worker focus on the 190 Github Issues, and new BitShares features from BitShares Roadmap

I agree with you if the worker would have been quoted in USD, then the leftover BTS would have been burned or repaid to the pool. That is not the case with this worker.

If the future BitShares workers should be nominated in BTS or in BitUSD like Xeroc´s worker is up to all of us to decide.

it's not a matter of deserve or not. you quoted USD, which makes sense, or why did you not add BTS amount to your half? when did you add your half to his pay by the way (1.6m BTS)?
« Last Edit: May 13, 2017, 09:19:38 am by fav »

Offline Chris4210

• Keep Building!
    • View Profile
    • www.payger.com
  • BitShares: chris4210
Dear BitShares Stakeholder,

We would like to introduce a new worker proposal that pays for a new BitShares core dev.

Please vote for Worker 1.14.49: Alfredo Garcia, Bitshares Core Dev

This Worker Proposal is for 6 months, and will include fixing Graphene Issues via github, and building the new features for the Bitshares platform and DEx that the community has been asking for.

Worker Details
  • Total Cost of hiring Alfredo: 3,261,671 BTS (~9600 USD at $20/hr)
  • This Proposed 6-month Worker will cost Bitshares 1,630,835 BTS (~4800 USD)
  • *BitShares Munich will pay the other half, ~4800 USD
  • Worker Lifetime: 6 months, (Jan 23 - Jul 23, 2017)
  • Working Hours: 20h per week
  • Worker focus on the 190 Github Issues, and new BitShares features from BitShares Roadmap

I agree with you if the worker would have been quoted in USD, then the leftover BTS would have been burned or repaid to the pool. That is not the case with this worker.

If the future BitShares workers should be nominated in BTS or in BitUSD like Xeroc´s worker is up to all of us to decide.

Vote Chris4210 for Committee Member http://bit.ly/1WKC03B! | www.Payger.com - Payments + Messenger | www.BitShareshub.io - Community based fanpage for the BitShares Blockchain

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
Dear BitShares Community,

today I got some awesome news for you all. After a few talks with Alfredo, Xeroc and others we came to the conclusion that Alfredo has become a very valuable member of our community and his past few months of hard work have paid off. Alfredo is now an active member of our BitShares community and has contributed a lot to the BitShares code base, its security and its future.

I am happy to transfer Alfredo the first part of his BTS worker salaries for the time frame: January 23th, 2017 to May 13th, 2017.
In total: 1,180,210 BTS
Outstanding: -450,625 BTS
In total: 1,630,835 BTS

http://cryptofresh.com/tx/86f46f20f741d67191626cb361692d9fbdd34fa1

Next payout day: July 26th, 2017

Thank you all for your support for Alfredo´s worker and I am looking forward to more of his great work.

Best regards,

Christoph

one second, you just paid him 1,180,210 BTS $43000k off of the worker fund instead of $4800 Worker + $4800 BitShares Munich?

- where is the burn TX for 1039428 BTS?

Offline Chris4210

• Keep Building!
    • View Profile
    • www.payger.com
Dear BitShares Community,

today I got some awesome news for you all. After a few talks with Alfredo, Xeroc and others we came to the conclusion that Alfredo has become a very valuable member of our community and his past few months of hard work have paid off. Alfredo is now an active member of our BitShares community and has contributed a lot to the BitShares code base, its security and its future.

I am happy to transfer Alfredo the first part of his BTS worker salaries for the time frame: January 23th, 2017 to May 13th, 2017.
In total: 1,180,210 BTS
Outstanding: -450,625 BTS
In total: 1,630,835 BTS

http://cryptofresh.com/tx/86f46f20f741d67191626cb361692d9fbdd34fa1

Next payout day: July 26th, 2017

Thank you all for your support for Alfredo´s worker and I am looking forward to more of his great work.

Best regards,

Christoph
« Last Edit: May 13, 2017, 08:25:03 am by Chris4210 »
Vote Chris4210 for Committee Member http://bit.ly/1WKC03B! | www.Payger.com - Payments + Messenger | www.BitShareshub.io - Community based fanpage for the BitShares Blockchain

Offline Chris4210

• Keep Building!
    • View Profile
    • www.payger.com
I have great faith in Ken and support this worker, especially for this price. I think BitShares should encourage as much new developer activity as it can.

Thank you for your support Vikram. We are looking forward to work with you together and to improve the platform.

Offline vikram

Alfredo is under the supervision of, and reports daily to @kenCode at BitShares Munich.

As you guys know, I am kind of a hardass. I will fire as fast as I hire, I have zero patience for slackers, so rest assured that the rest of my team will also be security auditing his work just like the other products that we have audited recently. Github issues, mem leaks, wiresharking, the works.

Getting a Core Dev for 6 months, for only ~$5K is a sweetheart deal.

Please vote for Alfredo, and as always my updates will be posted on his progress every week.

This is really great!! Thanks a lot for the initiative! I will update my proxy to whoever votes for this if necessary.

Feedback / questions:
1) Is there public information about Alfredo Garcia available besides his name? LInkedin, github etc?
2) I can not finally judge this as I am not a developer but did you think about a third party code reviewer such as Cryptonomex or Bunkerchainlabs? Or does Bitshares Munich hire one anyway? If so it would be nice if the results of these reviews and who did the review would be public as well. In the end such a review is effective if the reviewer has a reputation (to loose).

1) No. Have faith in me and my team, I hope my track record speaks for itself at this point. I only work with the brightest minds in the world.
2) We have auditors on staff, and I always encourage the public to audit our code as well on my github repos. I totally agree with you about reviews too and welcome them here.

I have great faith in Ken and support this worker, especially for this price. I think BitShares should encourage as much new developer activity as it can.

Offline Geneko

• View Profile
Beside subsidized request, kencode has offered us his reputation. In my opinion and with all respect to others, it is worth more.

It's funny, because KenCode had quite a poor reputation here a couple years ago. He was accused of scamming Floridans with a fraudulent gun school. There was an entire website with details about it. He was also accused of running a solar panel scam in 2007, where he never shipped the panels to buyers. More details can be found through a simple web search.

It's remarkable how that has changed. Thanks for sticking around, @kenCode!

Nobody is perfect  ;)

Offline serejandmyself

• View Profile

What exactly does this mean? There is room for a lot of clarifiaction:

Issues in github? There are plenty to go for a while, which ones are planned for with what milestones?
What new features specifically has the community been asking for?

Without a clear plan for work inefficiency creeps.

Looking forward to the reply.

exactly, please give the detail of the new features in the develop plan, there should be a process for the community to agree on adding new features.

I will post a roadmap for this worker. We want to start with the long issue list on Github first, and then move into building new features. Which features we should build will be discussed in the forum, and on the mumble.

Here is the latest feature list for the BitShares Blockchain. I collected most different ideas from chat, mumble and old forum posts/roadmaps.

The goal is to keep the list updated, and vote in the forum/mumble about the next feature.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1kgTYNEeqYP8xrEKBs2L0uc52xjQCPURuigI2CIplEtE/edit?usp=sharing

@ken can give a direct roadmap which of the 190 open github issues we are planning to fix first.

This is great. I would propose to cut in all into small sprints and prioritize the list (some things there are really important and some are just "wishes"). Because that roadmap is not for 6 months, its more. So, this would make things easier imo (but you pobably know this without me  ;) )
btsx - bitsharesrussia