Author Topic: MineBitshares/Bunkermining - Shutting Down  (Read 3512 times)

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile
@BunkerChain Labs can you clarify what happened to all the funds from that worker that were not utilized for the purpose of the worker?
http://cryptofresh.com/u/bunkermining for example still has 1k usd worth of bts
« Last Edit: January 16, 2017, 11:01:56 pm by santaclause102 »

Offline oakmaster

Sad to see it go I've been mining here for a year or better

Offline infovortice2013

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • BitShares en español
  • BitShares: traderx
New Keyoteeid: 5rUhuLCDWUA2FStkKVRTWYEqY1mZhwpfVdRmYEvMRFRD1bqYAL
new08/21 id 5Sjf3LMuYPSeNnjLYXmAoHj5Z6TPCmwmfXD6XwDmg27dwfQ

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Not that I cared much about mining, but its bad to see this shut down

Offline CalabiYau

Anyway, thank you for your efforts.

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav
Sad to see it go, but there were a lot of warning signs

Offline Tuck Fheman

We hired developers back in August who were supposed to deliver the updated pool in September only to this day still not have executed fully on what they were paid to do. No need to go into what happened again as seen in the Emergency Measures thread. We also saw how things turned out with Sharebit with the same devs. They have since moved on to other things and no longer associate with this communicate any longer.

Who could have seen that coming.  ::)
Lucksacks.com - The Largest Cryptocurrency Freeroll Poker Site in the World!

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

TL;DR: In 72hrs the mining pool will be shutdown. Please direct your hashing power elsewhere.

Hello Bitshares Miners,

Many of you who are mining today were mining last year when this project was handed over to us by @nethyb who originally started it.

It was over a year ago we took it over and since then we attempted to get updates done and carry through the plan that was set out back then.

We hired developers back in August who were supposed to deliver the updated pool in September only to this day still not have executed fully on what they were paid to do. No need to go into what happened again as seen in the Emergency Measures thread. We also saw how things turned out with Sharebit with the same devs. They have since moved on to other things and no longer associate with this communicate any longer.

Regardless of this over the course that time period we did manage to produce several thousand dollars in liquidity ongoing for BTS as well as the bitUSD market month to month. Unfortunately I don't think the transactions that were generated amounted to as much as was put in through the delegate pay from last year. Most of what was brought in though last year delegate pay went towards repaying everyone that supported the registration of the delegates, which were all paid in full.

Other factors that impacted the mining pool was the closing of cryptsy took out some of our more profitable coins. Following that we never were able to find the right coins out of bittrex or polonix to compete on profitability over other pools. Overall also it is becoming increasingly more difficult to find POW coins as more and more are moving to POS.

When I first took over the pool I really had to be creative to come up with a profit path for the pool and was willing to take losses to see it through. With the way things turned out between how development went to the changing factors in the market over the last year, it is increasingly difficult to see how operating this pool will become profitable or even break even for me or anybody else.

At this point I would recommend current miners to point your hashing power to Nicehash if you would like to see increased profits from your mining. You will get BTC, and can just as easily use blocktrades or metatrades to send that BTC to your BTS account.

Thanks to all those miners who helped us test over the past few months with what we had that never managed to make it to production.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2016, 05:53:23 am by BunkerChain Labs »
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+