Main > Stakeholder Proposals

Proxy: bitcrab - make the ecosystem grow

(1/13) > >>

bitcrab:

--- Quote from: bench on August 15, 2019, 03:05:40 pm ---
--- Quote from: bitcrab on August 15, 2019, 02:46:18 am ---I tried a lot to lobby the community to support to change USD MCR to 1.5, I beg you, I beg OL, I beg BEOS... but everyone rejected to support.

--- End quote ---
So sad, liquidity makes the difference, but not MCR of 1.6/1.5.

--- End quote ---

it's relevant, definitely, just as Federal Reserve can adjust the interest rate to influence the USD liquidity.

bench:

--- Quote from: bitcrab on August 15, 2019, 02:46:18 am ---generally speaking, our people care too much on getting money via worker proposal, but care so little on how to make the ecosystem healthy and sustain the BTS price.

--- End quote ---
I have the same feelings and worker proposals should be seen more critical. 

--- Quote from: bitcrab on August 15, 2019, 02:46:18 am ---I tried a lot to lobby the community to support to change USD MCR to 1.5, I beg you, I beg OL, I beg BEOS... but everyone rejected to support.

--- End quote ---
So sad, liquidity makes the difference, but not MCR of 1.6/1.5.

bitcrab:

--- Quote from: xeroc on August 14, 2019, 12:23:43 pm ---
--- Quote from: bench on August 14, 2019, 10:29:18 am ---@xeroc
Our reserve pool is limited, inflation needs to be around 0%.

--- End quote ---
We had that between 2015 and 2017, look where it brought us ..
Look what changed after voters started spending money for good.

I don't necessarily say we should through out money easily, but a 3% inflation rate is really really low compared to other cryptocurrencies which even raised millions through an ICO.
If you can find devs that work for free, great, bring them on!

--- End quote ---

In China investors keep on leaving BTS.

I even received death threat before the DEVCON in Shanghai, because someone invested a lot in BTS after one of my public speech but lost so much.

I am not saying this threat is reasonable or I fear of that, but we need to care the investors' experience.

generally speaking, our people care too much on getting money via worker proposal, but care so little on how to make the ecosystem healthy and sustain the BTS price.

one reason of the bad BTS price is the bad bitUSD status, in current status, bitUSD holders can just wait and buy as much BTS as they want after a big falling down of price.

we need to incentivize bitUSD minting and make the margin call orders disappear ASAP.

I tried a lot to lobby the community to support to change USD MCR to 1.5, I beg you, I beg OL, I beg BEOS... but everyone rejected to support.

Why? Why? Why? you guys do not want to see a healthy bitUSD? you guys just enjoy selling BTS from worker proposals without caring how can we make the BTS price sustainable?

if BTS price fall to 0, no worker will make sense.

bitcrab:

--- Quote from: biophil on August 13, 2019, 03:50:26 pm ---
--- Quote from: bitcrab on August 13, 2019, 06:09:16 am ---From my side this is not a permanent action, perhaps it will last at least several weeks.

--- End quote ---

Without certainty regarding funding for the 201907-uccs-research-project worker, I will soon be forced to move the PhD student to a different project and cease our development of simulations and analysis for BitShares. It costs approximately $37k-$40k to support the student for one year (this does not include travel funding and any funds for myself), but the worker so far has only collected about $15k.

What are your requirements for reversing your votes for the research project and the refund worker? I'd be very happy to provide more information about my research project to help change your mind (and the minds of the cn-vote team).

--- End quote ---

I voted this worker, but I am not sure cn-vote can support it, BTS just experienced a price falling down, which make things even worse.

Digital Lucifer:

--- Quote from: xeroc on August 14, 2019, 12:23:43 pm ---
--- Quote from: bench on August 14, 2019, 10:29:18 am ---@xeroc
Our reserve pool is limited, inflation needs to be around 0%.

--- End quote ---
We had that between 2015 and 2017, look where it brought us ..
Look what changed after voters started spending money for good.

I don't necessarily say we should through out money easily, but a 3% inflation rate is really really low compared to other cryptocurrencies which even raised millions through an ICO.
If you can find devs that work for free, great, bring them on!

--- End quote ---

Nobody can work for free or its willing to do so. Believe here would be beneficial if all the workers would be able to provide more transparent, often, vivid reports how on their progress that how on payouts.

Also, by having in mind that 90% of liquidity and activity is bitCNY on blockchain, maybe we should hire someone as hub/bridge to keep the translations/communications between workers and Chinese community for more and better understanding.

I have "thrown knives" at bitcrab numerous times why he is not voting on other workers, but then realized that even my own workers are not having:

a) Chinese version of the worker itself
b) Chinese translation of the reports/issues around the same
c) and that I lack on regular reporting in general (too busy and far under needed resources for that - but no excuse and ill keep trying)

so, bottom line i've been ignorant myself in terms of respect to Chinese community. Apologies for it.

Maybe a solution would be to create more rules on workers/committee/witnesses regarding reporting and transparency that is missing for quite a few since 2017 still to this day.

I do agree with are too chaotic to be followed and understood properly by outsiders or even our own holders and community + most of the stuff looks like it happens behind the scenes before West or East gets a proper info on it, just due to language barrier.

Apart from escrow from BBF and very transparent accounting, there was no public updates on workers apart from Wallet UI regularly and few other on few occasions. Again, including myself and my own workers.

Maybe i'm off topic, but I really tried hard to understand and explore the entire reasoning of this, and this is far that my brain goes...

Hopefully someone will shad more light in order to point me to the right direction if i'm going sideways with this talk.

CheeĀ®s

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version