Author Topic: Proxy: bitcrab - make the ecosystem grow  (Read 21120 times)

Offline bitcrab

• Committee member
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: bitcrab
  • GitHub: bitcrab
in the recent past the CNY feeding from elmato is too low to be reasonable, unvote it temporarily.

BTS need some change on price feeding to protect the ecosystem from being attacked by shorters, suggest witnesses can feed price with the suggestion here as a reference.https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=26914.msg320692;topicseen#msg320692

« Last Edit: August 10, 2018, 07:53:19 am by bitcrab »
Email:bitcrab@qq.com

Offline Bangzi

• View Profile
    • Steemit: Bangzi
  • BitShares: bangzi
bangzi: wss://btsfullnode.bangzi.info/ws (Germany)
« Last Edit: May 07, 2018, 06:18:08 pm by Bangzi »
Bitshares DEX - Over 1000 Coins, Buy, Sell, Transfer & List Any Coins |Free Signup Today: https://wallet.bitshares.org/?r=bangzi

Offline bitcrab

• Committee member
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: bitcrab
  • GitHub: bitcrab
now all the active witnesses provides API servers.

in order to make more witnesses active, proxy bitcrab voted more than 40 witnesses, among which some inactive witnesses may do not provide API server.

anyway, if any witness that do not provide API server change to active, proxy bitcrab will unvote the witness.
Email:bitcrab@qq.com

Offline roelandp

• Witness, dad, kitesurfer, event organiser
    • View Profile
    • RoelandP.nl
  • BitShares: roelandp
  • GitHub: roelandp
« Last Edit: April 13, 2018, 06:13:59 am by roelandp »

Offline lafona

• View Profile
  • BitShares: lafona
API Node: wss://bts-api.lafona.net/ws
BTS Witnesses: delegate-1.lafona     Witness Thread: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,21569.msg280911/topicseen.html#msg280911
MUSE Witness: lafona

Offline Bhuz

• Committee member
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: bhuz
Edit:

Public API node available at: wss://api.bitshares.bhuz.info/ws
« Last Edit: April 04, 2018, 09:16:04 pm by Bhuz »

Offline ElMato

• View Profile
elmato API Nodes

wss://api.btsxchng.com

Architecture:
  • 3 Zones
    • Asia Pacific (Singapore)
    • US East (N. Virginia)
    • EU (London)
  • 3 Load balancers (one per zone)
  • 9 API nodes (3 per load balancer)
  • Traffic policies on geolocation (Asia/North America/Europe/Other)

PR
https://github.com/bitshares/bitshares-ui/pull/1399
@Elmato: How did you manage to make websocket connection work with geo-location? To my knowledge websocket doesn't support redirects :-(

@xeroc: as @clockwork mentioned, it DNS level.
This is, depending on the geo-origin of the DNS request we resolve to different load balancers. Then the websocket connection is made and stays on that instance until its closed.

Offline clockwork

• Committee member
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: clockwork
elmato API Nodes

Architecture:
  • 3 Zones
    • US East (N. Virginia)
    • EU (London)

PR
@Elmato: How did you manage to make websocket connection work with geo-location? To my knowledge websocket doesn't support redirects :-(

were just discussing it in witness group...it's DNS level

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
elmato API Nodes

Architecture:
  • 3 Zones
    • US East (N. Virginia)
    • EU (London)

PR

Offline ElMato

• View Profile
elmato API Nodes

Architecture:
  • 3 Zones
    • US East (N. Virginia)
    • EU (London)

PR

Offline Thom

Bitcrab, you haven't voted for my witness for months, not sure why. I have been running 2 load balanced API servers for 8 months now, and I operate 6 full nodes including the testnet. I'm not perfect but I'm human.

With only a small amount of time to check and interest in what witnesses do, you would see I am highly active and tuned into the technical needs of this ecosystem. I write a report every month and publish it on steemit, how many witnesses even publish a regular report of what they are doing? How many witnesses receive feedback about their operation?

We all have specialties of expertise, some broader, some deeper. It is unreasonable to expect of anyone to be all things in all situations on a systems as complex as crypto, with it's politics, economics, technical, marketing and managerial aspects. You yourself were not tuned into the technical aspects of running a witness and you stepped away from that role to focus on other matters you felt you were better at or could better serve the ecosystem by. That was a wise move on your part.

I feel there are few recognized standard requirements for witnesses, and each proxy is free to choose what requirements they wish to support. You continue to state what your requirements are to support a witness, but I don't feel you vote according to them consistently.

We have identified a growing issue in our ecosystem that witnesses across the board (every witness is affected) misses blocks regularly now. It's very rare now to go to Roeland's witness log without seeing that every witness has missed at least 1 or more blocks with a 7 day period. Some of the highest ranked witnesses have missed block rates > 1 per day. It didn't used to be that way, and this trend has been increasing for some time. I mention this to suggest that the absolute number of blocks missed is less important than the rate they are accumulating for each witness. Something perhaps you might take into consideration and not focus only on the total number of blocks missed. witness.still holds the record for that, but look how stable he is now. It isn't fair to hold that against him now, tho it should serve as a stern warning to prospective witnesses to get your act together on the testnet first, to avoid such problems.

I submitted a pull request months ago to include my public API nodes as seeds, as at the time there was no convention for which nodes API would be included in the wallet UI. The wallet UI had undergone many changes in the area of improving connection reliability and it is proving to be a difficult issue to resolve.

You didn't list and of my API nodes for some reason. I am here to tell you, since you obviously aren't aware of them. Shouldn't you be? I don't operate in a vacuum, it isn't hidden information. Do you even look at my witness reports? It seems you don't. What you ask for in terms of vote support for  committee, are you yourself doing what you expect other committee members to do?

My 2 load balanced API nodes are:
  • wss://bts.proxyhosts.info/wss
  • wss://nohistory.proxyhosts.info/wss

I am due for another witness report, expect it before the weekend. I will describe how I plan to revise my approach to utilize docker to improve deployment of new nodes as well as increase their security. I hope that satisfies your request, and I hope you will revise your witness votes to include verbaltech2.
Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere - MLK |  Verbaltech2 Witness Reports: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,23902.0.html

Offline sahkan

• View Profile
    • BitShares DEX
sahkan-bitshares:

API Nodes
wss://dexnode.net/ws
wss://la.dexnode.net/ws

« Last Edit: April 03, 2018, 05:15:36 pm by sahkan »

Offline Digital Lucifer

• BitShares Maximalist & Venture Architect
    • View Profile
    • BitShares
  • BitShares: dls.cipher
  • GitHub: dls-cipher
great competence happen in EOS node voting. I feel we can also use the witness voting to help BTS ecosystem.

proxy bitcrab would like to adjust the metrics on voting witnesses:

1.provide stable and reliable witness node, low missed block rate.
2.update in time
3.provide good enough price feed.
4.provide API server, the higher performance, the better.
5. help to test code positively

from 5th April, proxy bitcrab will not support witnesses that do not provide API server.

Great initiative, btw. Finally someone to prove still that your salary depends on your work and to make everyone be equal and fair to take out extra hundred from those 6k monthly earnings each have. Obviously its working only when stake holder that witnesses and worker proposals payouts are depending from make demands. Community was ignored many times with answering to this question... "Why does Witness well overpaid not running API node each?".

Many many thanks for your efforts, investment and support to the BitShares.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2018, 04:43:21 pm by Digital Lucifer »
Milos (DL) Preocanin
Owner and manager of bitshares.org
Move Institute, Non-profit organization
RN: 2098555000
Murska Sobota, Slovenia.

Offline Fox

Witness: fox

Offline ivandev

• View Profile
openledger-dc

wss://bitshares.openledger.info/ws (Germany)
wss://openledger.hk/ws (Singapore)