Author Topic: Churn Seed Nodes  (Read 2882 times)

Offline Delinquency

• View Profile
Freetrade, once my server adds a ton of addresses to the node list from other nodes, it hangs for more than 20 seconds.
My log shows a dozen lines of adding xx addresses and then hangs.
My auto cycler script detects this hang and restarts.

My Maxconnections is 800 so I will now try 700 to see if it hangs.

EDIT: Must have been my script. [20 second checks are too fast to detect debug log changes when the node is churning]. I'm setting my auto cycler script to 3 minute crash detects because it could take some time to churn to and from other nodes.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2014, 08:25:15 am by Delinquency »

Offline FreeTrade

• View Profile
Thanks guys, some tips on the way.
“People should be more sophisticated? How are you gonna get that done?” - Jerry Seinfeld reply to Bill Maher

Offline reorder

• View Profile
Freetrade,
Here is my dedicated server's IP address. It is not mining MMC but it runs the daemon at a below normal priority.
It has been online for the past few weeks serving nodes. I just restarted it to add the churn option.

IP: 69.197.161.42:1968
maxconnections=1000
churn=1

Thanks! I've heard it can choke above 1,000 - try 900 to be on the safe side.
Sounds like 1024 filedescriptor ulimit, typical for CentOS.

Offline Delinquency

• View Profile
Freetrade,
Here is my dedicated server's IP address. It is not mining MMC but it runs the daemon at a below normal priority.
It has been online for the past few weeks serving nodes. I just restarted it to add the churn option.

maxconnections=1000
churn=1

I've set it to 850.
My server should be online for at least another year. It pays for itself ^^

Offline agran

• View Profile
ip: 109.120.170.136
maxconnections=500
churn=1

Guarantee in the next 3 months and probably longer.
MMC: MEKdGj95hNjuYn8xiw4iz1iQUQGA47UBMB | BTC: 1agran1xQ4Nwiqv1qegBDF6kqZdfESMUG

Offline FreeTrade

• View Profile
Freetrade,

maxconnections=1000
churn=1

“People should be more sophisticated? How are you gonna get that done?” - Jerry Seinfeld reply to Bill Maher

Offline Delinquency

• View Profile
Freetrade,

maxconnections=1000
churn=1
« Last Edit: January 08, 2014, 07:14:31 am by Delinquency »

Offline FreeTrade

• View Profile
I expect it works fine in the .conf - I haven't checked it though. I'll update you later on that.

Offline agran

• View Profile
Is there a possibility to set this option in memorycoin.conf?
MMC: MEKdGj95hNjuYn8xiw4iz1iQUQGA47UBMB | BTC: 1agran1xQ4Nwiqv1qegBDF6kqZdfESMUG

Offline FreeTrade

• View Profile
A few weeks ago I added a 'churn' option to the software. This is designed to be run on seed nodes that are written into the software. Nodes run with this option try to maintain a list of nodes that accept incoming connections to provide to new wallets coming online. It doesn't maintain the connection with the new wallets for long, just giving the list of good nodes and disconnecting making room for new wallet. This should allow us to see rapid growth in the number of users without the synching problems we had early on. This seems to be working well and ProtoShares has also adopted this feature.

Now I'm looking for any MemoryCoin nodes that are likely to be available at a fixed ip address for a good length of time and are running with the '-churn=1' option to include in the list of default seed nodes.