Author Topic: [Worker Proposal] Advertisement at 8btc  (Read 20618 times)

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
I think we SERIOUSLY need a better way to deal with API server issues.  If a new user/visitor is browsing the wallet and then is suddenly presented with an API server settings screen, that is embarrassing, damaging and it's an unacceptable user experience. 

How about having the wallet automatically switch to a different API server if it detects high latency?  That should be the default setting, but users should also have the option to lock in on 1 or more API servers of their choice.

Same ideas as the Electrum BTC wallet. Makes sense to use latency or other criteria to switch automatically, but not sure is OpenLedger and BlockTrades etc would like that.

In our mobile wallets, and BlockPay, I setup what I call "node hopping". Right now I just have it set at 5 seconds, so if the wallet keeps disconnecting or cannot connect at all to one of the public nodes, then it "hops" to the next one in line, ie:
https://github.com/kenCode-de/bitshares-wallet/blob/master/public_nodes.json

In the future, I would love to have it so that the node order is based on the user's geographical region too so that the closest node to them will be at the top of the list.
kenCode - Decentraliser @ Agorise
Matrix/Keybase/Hive/Commun/Github: @Agorise
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline Yao

• View Profile
  • BitShares: yao
  • GitHub: imYao
@svk
I see you have just updated the wallet yesterday  +5%

And we need this for Chinese BTC traders ASAP, thx:
« Last Edit: February 16, 2017, 04:54:15 am by Yao »

Offline Yao

• View Profile
@Yao  excellent man! I knew that this was a good ides despite what my friend @fav thinks.. Make sure that you explain them that they can also short bitassets such as bitbtc.. :)

Newcomers are just come here for buying and selling BTC with CNY, we need an easy way for trading BTC in DEX first. If they fall in love with DEX, I'll explain and teach them to short bitassets like bitCNY, bitUSD, bitBTC, bitGOLD, bitSILVER, ... :D

And about the trading fee of OPEN.BTC, the cheaper the transaction costs, the more users will trade. I really hope OpenLedger @CCEDK_ChM  will consider to reduce the trading fee, then it will attract more traders and market makers (mm bots).

Thanks for Chinese government, this is a great opportunity to expand the OPEN.BTC market.

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile
@Yao  excellent man! I knew that this was a good ides despite what my friend @fav thinks.. Make sure that you explain them that they can also short bitassets such as bitbtc.. :)

Offline Yao

• View Profile
Today there are more than 100 people to join the Tencent QQ Group (HelloBTS, 423951676 ), it never happened before, it should be the advertising effect.

These newcomers mostly asking how to buy BTC in DEX  :D
I realized that there should be more publicity materials and channels, so I made a trading flow chart (quoted below), posted it in bitsharestalk.org and pushed it to 3456 subscribers of HelloBTS WeChat subscription and WeChat Group.

20170215:
中国政府对比特币交易平台提出了履行反洗钱和 KYC 政策的要求,中国的大多数交易平台都暂停了提现 BTC 的业务,这是一个让 RMB 交易者进入 BitShares DEX 买卖 BTC 的难得机遇,我制作了一个简单的交易流程介绍图,希望能为 OPEN.BTC : bitCNY 市场带来新用户。

The Chinese government requires BTC trading platform to perform anti-money laundering and KYC policy, most of China's trading platform, suspended withdrawal BTC business, this is a rare opportunity for RMB traders get into BitShares DEX buying and selling BTC , I made a simple transaction process diagram, hopes to brings some new user for  OPEN.BTC: bitCNY market.

« Last Edit: February 16, 2017, 12:46:32 pm by Yao »

Offline Thom

I think we SERIOUSLY need a better way to deal with API server issues.  If a new user/visitor is browsing the wallet and then is suddenly presented with an API server settings screen, that is embarrassing, damaging and it's an unacceptable user experience. 

How about having the wallet automatically switch to a different API server if it detects high latency?  That should be the default setting, but users should also have the option to lock in on 1 or more API servers of their choice.

Same ideas as the Electrum BTC wallet. Makes sense to use latency or other criteria to switch automatically, but not sure is OpenLedger and BlockTrades etc would like that.
Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere - MLK |  Verbaltech2 Witness Reports: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,23902.0.html

Offline btswildpig

• View Profile
I am not in favor of using dilution.

However, for those who are in favor of dilution but do not understand what the elephant in the room looks like, i would just put out some basic information in case you don't :

1. 8BTC.com is like the Chinese version of Coindesk.  Not some small time blogger or some general video website that has too much information unrelated to crypto. And it's not some guy's car which travels across the US and makes videos . Just imagine how BitShares was never once on Coindesk's head space when millions of USD were available and afterward tons of dilutions were assigned to "marketing delegates" and marketeers.
2. After the AD were put up one day, there are dozens of new comers jointed the BitShares QQ group in China. Some of them may not want to use the DEX but simply buy BTS as a investment. If you ask me, it does not hurt to have exposure on a coindesk comparison.
3. The top Chinese exchanges also made ADS on the same spot,  which demonstrated the spot's value in some way.
4. This AD may proved worthless, but "bitshares" will be seen besides Huobi or other big boys. At least money would be wasted on some well known channels rather than the hood of someone's car (i had to stress the car hood thing, LOL)
这个是私人账号,表达的一切言论均不代表任何团队和任何人。This is my personal account , anything I said with this account will be my opinion alone and has nothing to do with any group.

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav
* No link shortener used = impossible to measure traffic/click stats
* No ?ref used = impossible to track sign-ups

10/10 better give this guy $10k for the great professional effort. +5% +5% +5%

Offline nmywn

• View Profile
Some times none of those servers in the list work for me. May be I am just unlucky?
There is always one working for me, I just have to hit retry from time to time.
Nothing new. This is not big problem because when that happen we're loosing users, so next day traffic is low again and everything works fine. : )

Offline DestBest

Some times none of those servers in the list work for me. May be I am just unlucky?
There is always one working for me, I just have to hit retry from time to time.
BitShares French ConneXion, le portail francophone BitShares.
BitShares French ConneXion, the BitShares french gateway.
www.bitsharesfcx.com

Offline yvv

• View Profile

low fees
could not be closed
could not be hacked

Yeah right, and after openledger API goes down as usual people who bought this slogans will be embarrassed.
They will learn ..

... how to switch to another API

:)

Offline tbone

• View Profile
  • BitShares: tbone2

low fees
could not be closed
could not be hacked

Yeah right, and after openledger API goes down as usual people who bought this slogans will be embarrassed.
They will learn ..

Offline Geneko

• View Profile

low fees
could not be closed
could not be hacked

Ok, what is most valuable advantage points that Bitshares Dex has to offer, related to specific market and current circumstances.

BTW: I use to play guitar. My friends and I loved saying:" First you learn to play and then buy the amplifier."
« Last Edit: February 14, 2017, 02:37:41 pm by Geneko »

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc

low fees
could not be closed
could not be hacked

They will learn ..

Offline yvv

• View Profile

low fees
could not be closed
could not be hacked