Author Topic: Cryptofresh down again? Here's how to fire up your own blockexplorer  (Read 3216 times)

Offline tbone

• View Profile
  • BitShares: tbone2
this is the block explorer i have been using these days.

https://btsbots.com/

it's not as fancy as cryptofresh.  but it's good for most usage.

also, having a lib does not make a block explorer.  the lib deals with datas, whereas blockchain explorer gathers and shows datas in a organized way.  you still need people who can do front-end (someone like cryptofresh) to build a explorer even you have said lib.

so your title is not correct . in fact, as far as blockchain explorer is concerned, if you don't have expertise like cryptofresh, you can not fire up your own blockchain explorer with this lib.

The language in the title may be imprecise.  But you're missing the point.  Such a library will make it much easier for general developers to integrate with the bitshares blockchain -- not only to create a block explorer, but anything else they may dream up.   Surely you can comprehend the implications of this.

Offline btswildpig

• View Profile
this is the block explorer i have been using these days.

https://btsbots.com/

it's not as fancy as cryptofresh.  but it's good for most usage.

also, having a lib does not make a block explorer.  the lib deals with datas, whereas blockchain explorer gathers and shows datas in a organized way.  you still need people who can do front-end (someone like cryptofresh) to build a explorer even you have said lib.

so your title is not correct . in fact, as far as blockchain explorer is concerned, if you don't have expertise like cryptofresh, you can not fire up your own blockchain explorer with this lib.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2017, 05:57:30 pm by btswildpig »
这个是私人账号,表达的一切言论均不代表任何团队和任何人。This is my personal account , anything I said with this account will be my opinion alone and has nothing to do with any group.

Offline nmywn

• View Profile
It's voted in. Maybe Bitshares isn't DOA after all : ).

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav
Chris had show us a good sample.
don't say somebody will need this, find anybody who need this and pay for part of the payment.

sponsorships are the future. If we come to the point where bitshares offers a solid foundation/framework to attract businesses, they will certainly pay for features. I don't think we need to stress the worker pool in the future.

Building said foundation costs money, there's just no way around. unless you know some rich people with loose money of course :)

Offline alt

• View Profile
  • BitShares: baozi
Chris had show us a good sample.
don't say somebody will need this, find anybody who need this and pay for part of the payment.

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
I agree, don't get paid from me because I don't need this.
everybody who try to support these workers need to know what's they will give you.
1 year have pasted, you really need look back what these workers have done.

you're right the past did not meet needed requirements, but what's the alternative? Watching BitShares starve to death? it's starving already

I think the current set of workers is a huge increase in quality and work, they should be capable to build a solid foundation.

Doing nothing is no option.

Offline alt

• View Profile
I agree, don't get paid from me because I don't need this.
everybody who try to support these workers need to know what's they will give you.
1 year have pasted, you really need look back what these workers have done.

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
what's the fucking logic here? I don't know you guys are so eager for money.
maybe you could try to ask the paid from cryptofresh and give the money to xeroc.

the fucking logic here is you want something you pay for it. I think that's universal logic, correct me if wrong please

Offline alt

• View Profile
what's the fucking logic here? I don't know you guys are so eager for money.
maybe you could try to ask the paid from cryptofresh and give the money to xeroc.

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
and it'll be super easy.

Vote for: Python-steem and uptick 1.14.52  @xeroc 's worker.

I understand that it's not a big deal to convert existing steem explorer code to bitshares, and as far as I'm aware he'd even host the server with the worker money.

and if you still don't see the tremendous value, let me quote:

PyBitShares will simplify using the BitShares blockchain and build businesses around BitShares and I am not just talking about faucets or mm bots. Any kind of buisness that wants to run on top of BitShares could build a MVP in python very quickly and move over to custom libs/code while they grow their user base. Or they stick with pybitshares which is build with scalability in mind.

In my opinion, this is 1000 times more worth than (for example) $1k random advertising.

In case you're voting for the worker already, consider removing your vote for the 400k refund to lower the entry bar.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2017, 06:30:58 am by fav »