Author Topic: So, whichpeople who worked on bitshares projects ended up NOT being scammers?  (Read 23236 times)

Offline yvv

• View Profile
I don't care how many scammers here,
I know Bitshares is not a scammer, that's enough.

Bitshares may not be a scam, but its a great platform for extracting value from shareholders.  4 proxies having the ability to control the entire system is insane.  Especially when the proxies can vote in their own workers at whatever pay they want.  Centralization.

BTS is centralized like this because it is small. There is nothing we can do about this at the moment.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Bitshares may not be a scam, but its a great platform for extracting value from shareholders.  4 proxies having the ability to control the entire system is insane.  Especially when the proxies can vote in their own workers at whatever pay they want.  Centralization.
You do realize that this is personally offensive? Have I not taken sufficient measures to balance the conflicting interest as worker and proxy? Do you at all realize how my worker is setup?
Also, by blaming the proxies, you are essentially blaming the shareholders that handed over their voting power to them. It's their freedom to do so and I they disagree with what I do/did, then they should remove their vote (which is what I asked them to do prior to voting for my own worker, btw).

Offline lil_jay890

• View Profile

Offline alt

• View Profile
  • BitShares: baozi

Offline Tuck Fheman

Starting from the premine, which is not 'debunked' as you say, but was very clear (with 2M coins mined in days)

To be clear, that's not a premine. That's a ninjamine, like STEEM. =)

Just because its highly priced now doesn't mean its not pure scam.

The price is lower now, is it less scammy now? =)

BTW, thanks for all the Monero stuff from long ago. You made me a nice sum of money with that tip. =)
« Last Edit: March 03, 2017, 10:16:23 am by Tuck Fheman »
Lucksacks.com - The Largest Cryptocurrency Freeroll Poker Site in the World!

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander

steem and peerplays are fine, e-dinar is a ponzi.

Steem is mostly a scam to me.  The platform is interesting, but the distribution is total bullshit, and Dan release the mining code with an error on purpose so that people couldnt mine it.  Who else did that?  Oh yeah, the Dash dev. :D

The scheme to get people to lock up their steem for a year to prevent selling, or else they are slapped with high inflation, was purely a scam to inflate price. 

He didnt even tell the bitshares faithful about it in a legit way, he did it as a bullshit april fools joke.  The day I sold 80% of my BTS and stopped caring about bitshares was when I started making money in crypto lol.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline Ander

• View Profile
Off the top of my head, here are a few:

Businesses: Transwiser has not been a scam. Blocktrades has not been a scam. MetaExchange has not been a scam.  OpenLedger has not been a scam (although some of its ICOs could be).

Workers: Svk, myself, Xeroc, cass, and others have run worker proposals that have not been scams.

At least we will never reach 100% rate of scams.  :) Good to see you posting, Ander!

Yup there were some legit people at least. :)

And am I posting now, or just trolling.  Feels like trolling. :D
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline Ander

• View Profile
BTS blockchain shouldve hired Amanda, lol.  Dash scam is doing great. with her pumping it.

Agree on the Amanda part, but why do you say "Dash scam"?

Is there some new "scam" info I'm unaware of or is this about the long ago debunked "pre-mine" stuff?

Because its 100% pure scam?  Starting from the premine, which is not 'debunked' as you say, but was very clear (with 2M coins mined in days), and also because everyone with any technical knowledge knows its crypto is highly suspect.  And mixing will never actually provide privacy.

Fluffypony's video which was linked in this thread outlines it well.

Just because its highly priced now doesn't mean its not pure scam.

Offline Chronos

Off the top of my head, here are a few:

Businesses: Transwiser has not been a scam. Blocktrades has not been a scam. MetaExchange has not been a scam.  OpenLedger has not been a scam (although some of its ICOs could be).

Workers: Svk, myself, Xeroc, cass, and others have run worker proposals that have not been scams.

At least we will never reach 100% rate of scams.  :) Good to see you posting, Ander!

Offline nomoreheroes7

• King of all the land
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: nomoreheroes7
CryptoScam #4 - Dash (w/ Fluffy Pony)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VrKU0Ymta-U

its not always good to listen to people, its like Dem against GOP..lol everybody is right all are wrong, only the future will tell , Jesus promised to come back after 2K years we still talk about it..tons of ppl even every day, to him, and ???

LOL @ scammer Jesus...

:P

...who knows, maybe he will come back...this summer.

:P :P :P

« Last Edit: March 02, 2017, 06:26:19 pm by nomoreheroes7 »

Offline mea123

• View Profile
  • BitShares: mea123
CryptoScam #4 - Dash (w/ Fluffy Pony)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VrKU0Ymta-U

its not always good to listen to people, its like Dem against GOP..lol everybody is right all are wrong, only the future will tell , Jesus promised to come back after 2K years we still talk about it..tons of ppl even every day, to him, and ???
« Last Edit: March 02, 2017, 05:45:32 pm by mea123 »

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

Dash is a house of cards...

anyways, most of the scam left already.

OL is def not a scam, as well as the 7+ underlying projects.

from a graphene point of view...

I'd say bitshares has a better legit/scam ratio than Ethereum ICOs.

that sounds like it would make a great comparison chart post on steem.. just say'en :)
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline JonnyB

• View Profile
    • twitter.com/jonnybitcoin
I run the @bitshares twitter handle
twitter.com/bitshares

Offline Tuck Fheman

Lucksacks.com - The Largest Cryptocurrency Freeroll Poker Site in the World!

Offline konelectric

Dash is a house of cards...

anyways, most of the scam left already.

OL is def not a scam, as well as the 7+ underlying projects.

from a graphene point of view...

I'd say bitshares has a better legit/scam ratio than Ethereum ICOs.

+5%
Tweeter: Konelectric. Steemit: Konelectric. Youtube: Patrick Konshak. Success Council: Yourship. Mumble: Yourship or Konelectric.