Author Topic: What dev environment is used for Bitshares if I want to see what I can do  (Read 1673 times)

Offline j-v-h-silver

• View Profile
Welcome. I work on the web wallet (bitshares-ui), I just use Atom with various plug ins that make my life easier. Not sure what the c coders use.

Many Thanks svk31... I have heard of Atom although I haven't used it before .. but I am here to try new things so I will set up Atom and kick the tyres.  I have read a lot of doco and I noticed Vagrant was mentioned which I have used before and find really good for Dev work.
I have gone through most of the Dev and integration guides on the official doco page and its all very detailed ( but didn't notice any mention of recomended dev platform )  but I have built a VM testnet  which was relatively straightforward.

I will play around with Atom and continue going through the doco and examples.
Cheers John

Offline ebit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: ebit
telegram:ebit521
https://weibo.com/ebiter

Offline svk

Welcome. I work on the web wallet (bitshares-ui), I just use Atom with various plug ins that make my life easier. Not sure what the c coders use.
Worker: dev.bitsharesblocks

Offline j-v-h-silver

• View Profile
Hello All
I am basically a DBA and code SQL but know others (javascript C++ etc). I have been intrigued with the Blockchain for a while and have decided to bite the bullet and learn more. What dev environment is commonly used or recommended among bitshares developers.
I am assuming Eclipse would be up there but is there any documentation on a prefered setup for developing / exploring the system?

I am currently just touching the surface but hope to be around for  the long term so any pointers would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers John