Author Topic: bitshares asset KAPITAL can't sell???  (Read 3682 times)

Offline lcabcdefg

There was a short period of time where we accidentally turned off the whitelist/blacklist feature. It was basically because we wanted to update something with the asset, and did it through the light client. The light client doesn't have the feature of defining whitelist authorities added, and whenever you update an asset detail through the light client, it automatically empties the asset's whitelist authority list. Luckily we realized the situation shortly, and updated the whitelist authority list once more to fix it. Apparently, you acquired the assets during that short interval.

thanks, JianJolly, for your reply......

Offline JianJolly

• View Profile
There was a short period of time where we accidentally turned off the whitelist/blacklist feature. It was basically because we wanted to update something with the asset, and did it through the light client. The light client doesn't have the feature of defining whitelist authorities added, and whenever you update an asset detail through the light client, it automatically empties the asset's whitelist authority list. Luckily we realized the situation shortly, and updated the whitelist authority list once more to fix it. Apparently, you acquired the assets during that short interval.

Offline lcabcdefg

The question of how he was able to buy it in the first place remains..

is this a bug?  anyone know answer of this question?

Offline lcabcdefg

hi, all, I have known that white/blacklist is a feature, but my account was not in the whitelist or blacklist,   so I want to know why my account can buy the KAPITAL asset ????   my account name is oo-oo,    this  is a bots account via bitshares api,  I don't know when my bots account buy KAPITAL asset, but the oo-oo account have some KAPITAL  finally, so I'm sure this is a big bug!!!!!,
I will wait someone could tell the real reason to me.

Best Regards!
« Last Edit: March 14, 2017, 01:41:32 am by lcabcdefg »

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Difficult to find out if we don't know the account name to look into ..

Offline nmywn

• View Profile
Good point. A bug?

Offline svk

Worker: dev.bitsharesblocks

Offline Chris4210

• Keep Building!
    • View Profile
    • www.payger.com
  • BitShares: chris4210
thank you for your reply, do you mean this is a bitshares bug ?  asset issue bug ?.......

Hi lcabcdefg,

No that is not an asset bug, it is a feature. A UIA issuer has the opportunity to activate white/blacklisting feature to control who can hold his UIA token. That is a very important feature for regulated financial institutions, loyalty programs etc.

Best regards,

chris
Vote Chris4210 for Committee Member http://bit.ly/1WKC03B! | www.Payger.com - Payments + Messenger | www.BitShareshub.io - Community based fanpage for the BitShares Blockchain

Offline lcabcdefg

thank you for your reply, do you mean this is a bitshares bug ?  asset issue bug ?.......

Offline $bkt

Dear lcabcdefg,

KAPITAL is a whitelist-enabled asset and is intented for only those who have provided their personal information to us, thus it is an abnormal situation that you hold the asset. Due to the apparently unintended confusion, we will add your Bitshares account to the whitelist for a short period of time so that you can exchange the asset. Please kindly specify the name of the Bitshares account which accidentaly holds the asset, and the time at which you would like to convert KAPITAL into something else via PM.

As an additional note, you may want to look at the token BKT, which is not a whitelist-enabled asset. For more information on those assets, you may reach JianJolly in this forum or in Telegram.

Regards

Offline lcabcdefg

hi, everyone, I bought some KAPITAL asset before, today, I want to sell it , but the bitshares wallet happen error tips:

Failed to broadcast the transaction:
is_authorized_asset( d, *fee_paying_account, *fee_asset ): Account 1.2.* attempted to pay fee by using asset 1.3.1181 'KAPITAL', which is unauthorized due to whitelist / blacklist

I want to know why this happend?   is caused by "whitelis/baklist" ?,  but,  why allowed to buy,   not allow to sell ??????????