Author Topic: Give me the skinny on bitshares  (Read 3868 times)

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
How does BTS exchange compare to what is being planned by 0x, BLOCK, OMNI, and XCP? Who has the best underlying decentralized exchange?
Never heard of 0x or BLOCK, but OMNI and XCP are extremely slow due to being built ontop of Bitcoin.

Offline renkcub

• View Profile
How does BTS exchange compare to what is being planned by 0x, BLOCK, OMNI, and XCP? Who has the best underlying decentralized exchange?

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains
stealth with GUI incoming, then we can create an infographic like this (gone hella viral)

Offline Permie

• BitShares is the mycelium of the financial-earth
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: krimduss
I haven't been back long but so far I've gathered that:
  • Xeroc and cryptonomex are working on something due to be released "Soon". Stan said something about it.
    Rumours Dan is leaving Steem to come back to work on bts

xeroc is just an engineer, another worker who work for Bitshares for payment.
as a work, his target is earn money from share holders as much as possible,
he don't have the responsible to earn money for shareholders.
no payment no work.
so who is the boss?
as the NO.1 holders you give your responsible to a worker?
let me ask you, do you know what's the vote principle for xeroc? do you care about this? do you care about what the workers have done in the past year, how much payment have cash out?
this is just another joke, you are the NO.1

Xeroc is FAR more than just a worker.

You have no idea what he has contributed to the future of BitShares this past year ... for free.

I am deeply indebted to him and so are you.  (You just don't know it yet).

:)

You made some nondescript and vague reference to something coming "this summer" last May. It was not much and when I finally read the thread ppl kept referencing, I was puzzled at why they made a big deal out of it.

Seem like people project their hopes on to your words.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Precisely why my words are so rare around here any more.  :)
Touché
JonnyBitcoin votes for liquidity and simplicity. Make him your proxy?
BTSDEX.COM

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
Actually, this is all I said (which is actually better than some of the incorrect inferences above.)

Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline GChicken

• View Profile
Hi RG,

I think another few project that i want to throw into the mix

Bitshares Munich - has heaps of project under their belt (weekly update recommended:https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,22576.msg303598.html#msg303598); including:
  • Blockpay (POS software: Crypto -> smartcoins -> fiat)
    Smartcoin Wallet (in dev - multi currency wallet; will be available for sale as a white lable product)
    Bitshares Stealth - integrate ZK Snark stealth with an easy to use GUI intergration (toggle switch style)
    C-IPFS - developed IPFS on C with the end goal of allowing Blockpay to run on vending machines and other low bandwidth low storage applications.
    Echo -  Encrypted IM with crypto integration (Dependancy: smart coin wallet base)

BitKapital - Turkish Lira:BTC gateway to the Bitshares Decentralized Exchange
  • good growth in customer base week on week
  • Building trading only platform to abstract away from all the complexities of the wallet

Chainsquad 
  • Building Python Graphene libraries and uptick (similar to piston for steem)
  • worker proposal based on payment in smartcoins increasing collateral on the network

OpenLedger 
Ronny is constantly on the move (don't think this guy sleep) and involved in a lot of projects and conferences bring good exposure to Bitshares and OpenLedger; the ICO platform is maturing as an offering, OBITS has been listed on external exchange: livecoin 

BitGate 
Work in progress - BTC Gateway operating in Norway

Alfredo and Vikram - Core Dev and Project Admin
Alfredo working on Core development and Vikram back on project administrations

SVK & Etherdesign
Have you checked out the wallet recently? https://bitshares.org/wallet

Lots of other project getting building their offerings 

Not to mentioned Dan coming back to Bitshares *Pure Speculation*

Offline rgcrypto

• View Profile
    • Cryptoctopus Blog
Thanks @Permie

I was just thinking...as there been an outreach to the DASH community?

I mean, it's great to have digital cash but if you can be tracked from the exchange it becomes kind of a moot point. Could they be a community bitshares lock arm with in the near future with the STEALTH function?

Offline Permie

• View Profile
Hello everyone!

It's been a while since I've stopped by bitsharestalk.org, I've just wrote an article on steemit.com that is now on the front page explaining WHY I've decided to re-invest into bitshares: https://steemit.com/bitshares/@cryptoctopus/after-almost-2-years-of-losing-faith-in-bitshares-i-m-back

One thing that picked my interest is the amount of "filled orders" that I'm seeing on cryptofresh.com/charts

Can someone fill me on the latest developments that may be responsible for such a spike in activities? Are there new partnerships? Are there more exchanges using Bitshares as a backend?

Please give me the skinny on this :-)

Most of these "filled orders" are coming from bots trading between each other. Btsbots.com makes running your own bot really easy.
Big development

This could move lots of bts shares out of storage and onto the DEX to provide liquidity, and improve the user exerience of new customers. They will be able to easy and instantly purchase popular bitAssets close to the feed price.

New customers arriving to see an empty orderbook makes BitShares look bad. Image is important :)
BTSDEX.COM

Offline yvv

• View Profile
Hello everyone!

It's been a while since I've stopped by bitsharestalk.org, I've just wrote an article on steemit.com that is now on the front page explaining WHY I've decided to re-invest into bitshares: https://steemit.com/bitshares/@cryptoctopus/after-almost-2-years-of-losing-faith-in-bitshares-i-m-back

One thing that picked my interest is the amount of "filled orders" that I'm seeing on cryptofresh.com/charts

Can someone fill me on the latest developments that may be responsible for such a spike in activities? Are there new partnerships? Are there more exchanges using Bitshares as a backend?

Most of these "filled orders" are coming from bots trading between each other. Btsbots.com makes running your own bot really easy.

Offline Permie

• View Profile
Hello :)

I haven't been back long but so far I've gathered that:
  • Xeroc and cryptonomex are working on something due to be released "Soon". Stan said something about it.
    Rumours Dan is leaving Steem to come back to work on bts
  • SollarsNSense believe they have the perfect market to get exposure for crypto, Hollywood and streaming. They are about to do another round of ICO, but aiming to get mostly non-bitshares investors. I'm still not sure how bitshares users who bought their UIA will get their profit.
  • BlockPay, Bitshares munich and kencode seem to be doing really well. They have an app in all mobile stores that allows brick and mortar merchants to accept any cryptocurrency of their choice. Bitshares munich and CCEDK accept the crypto (?), and then pay fiat to the merchants bank account.
    So it costs the shop nothing, and potentially gains them profit. I think it's laying the groundwork for a pro-bitUSD marketing campaign.
    Currently it's hard to spend bitUSD anywhere most people would like to shop, we can't really market it as being a fiat-usd replacement yet. The liquidity on the DEX is also lacking
  • SollarsNSense claim they will become a fiat->Sollars gateway. Sollars can then be traded against other currencies on the DEX.
    Perhaps lots of new users will like the UserExperience of Sollars' marketing gateway, easily trade their fiat into crypto, and then find an easy way to convert them to bitUSD to spend in shops using BitShares Munich's app.
    Credit cards charge merchants to accept transactions. Merchants may even offer discounts to crypto purchasers if the volume they receive is high enough.
  • @wuxuqiang has built a bot that tracks the bts top 200 rich list, and notes changes in ownership for shareholders to get a picture of where the shares are moving.
    He's campaigning for a witness position
    http://richlist.btsabc.org/#/richlist/

https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,23875.msg303437.html#msg303437

I think BitShares is coming along to the end of the infrastructure building stage.

Vault 7 and other recent anti-spy agency events has made the public even more aware of the benefits of privacy and security. The market getting closer to being primed for BitShares

Change takes time, the people are slowly becoming accustomed to the idea of crypto, and the infrastructure; mobile apps, fiat gateways, useful UIA's, LIQUIDITY ON THE DEX.
One day the general public will be using crypto every day like it's nothing.
         It's inevitable.
When the crypto industry reaches that maturity it will be trivial for users to change between cryptocurrencies.
It will also be trivial for them to use 'comparison websites' to search for which cryptocurrenies are best to use to perform a specific financial task.

The pertinent questions investors need to be asking themselves is this:
Which cryptocurrency can provide these services for the best value?
Which can handle the most transactions?
Which is the most profitable?
Which allows the most entrepreneurs to earn their fortune?
Which has the greatest liquidity?

BitShares, BitShares, BitShares, BitShares. Can BitShares build liquidity?

This is a long game.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2017, 10:20:37 pm by Permie »
BTSDEX.COM

Offline rgcrypto

• View Profile
    • Cryptoctopus Blog
Hello everyone!