Author Topic: How to Stop Trading an Asset  (Read 3583 times)

Offline warmach

I would like to de-activate an asset.  I updated the asset to turn on the flags requiring whitelist, issuer approve transfers, and transfer back to issuer. 

The problem is that I don't know how to enforce or use these options.  So far, trading continues despite me as issuer having to approve the transfers.  I also have a blank white list which would theoretically prevent from trading. 

I also can't find a mechanism in the UI to transfer the asset back to myself. 

I looked for something in docs but haven't found an API call or anything to do this. 

Help!

Hi Warmach,

did you active the Flag or the Permission? Flags are temporary, Permission finals.

Whitelisting features need to be activated first with the CLI-wallet and then you can add more people to the white list over the gui.

Asset override feature is only available via cli-wallet. But keep in mind that this transaction type is more expensive.

Please join our telegram channel www.telegram.me/bitsharesdex for technical support and faster answers.

cheers Chris

Thanks Chris!

I did find what I was looking for.  I stumbled across a post from Xeroc with a reference to an example python script using his graphene python library.  Using several of his examples from the 0.4.8 version, I was able to halt trading by turning on the flags and establishing a whitelist authority.  I was then able to use his script to run the override transfer command to issue the asset back to myself. 

There are several great examples in there, might be worth checking out.  Some just use a witness, others use the cli-wallet. 

https://github.com/xeroc/python-graphenelib/releases/tag/0.4.8

Offline Chris4210

• Keep Building!
    • View Profile
    • www.payger.com
  • BitShares: chris4210
I would like to de-activate an asset.  I updated the asset to turn on the flags requiring whitelist, issuer approve transfers, and transfer back to issuer. 

The problem is that I don't know how to enforce or use these options.  So far, trading continues despite me as issuer having to approve the transfers.  I also have a blank white list which would theoretically prevent from trading. 

I looked for something in docs but haven't found an API call or anything to do this. 

Help!

Hi Warmach,

did you active the Flag or the Permission? Flags are temporary, Permission finals.

Whitelisting features need to be activated first with the CLI-wallet and then you can add more people to the white list over the gui.

Asset override feature is only available via cli-wallet. But keep in mind that this transaction type is more expensive.

Please join our telegram channel www.telegram.me/bitsharesdex for technical support and faster answers.

cheers Chris

Vote Chris4210 for Committee Member http://bit.ly/1WKC03B! | www.Payger.com - Payments + Messenger | www.BitShareshub.io - Community based fanpage for the BitShares Blockchain

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
The "bug" is that the GUI wallet doesn't let you place an actual "whitelist_authority" that means the asset comes with an empty whitelist by default which means "no whitelisting".
Mabye sigve can add the feature to the UI
I could add this to uptick (like an issuer submenu), but the costs for developing this are not covered by the worker proposal (which only deals with the features that most shareholders require).

Offline warmach

Is this a bug? Or a lack of an instruction manual?

Not sure, maybe a combination of both. 

I had expected when turning flags on for approving trades, I would receive a message letting me know about a transaction to approve.  I expected it to act like a multi sig transaction.   

Maybe I misunderstood their intent...  Either way, the docs don't explain how to do it.

Offline Permie

• BitShares is the mycelium of the financial-earth
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: krimduss
 +5%
This sounds important

Is this a bug? Or a lack of an instruction manual?

It's difficult to use the tools that BitShares provides.
JonnyBitcoin votes for liquidity and simplicity. Make him your proxy?
BTSDEX.COM

Offline warmach

Help!