Author Topic: Why only #3?  (Read 8090 times)

Offline tbone

• View Profile
  • BitShares: tbone2
@tbone

I think you misunderstood and read too much into it. All I said was that we need to improve the trading interface (opinion) to move up in rank and attract more traders. The interface gets improved all the time so that's great!
Here is an example of a features rich Forex Trading platform:

I don't think I misunderstood or read into anything.  You said there was a problem because you weren't seeing (by default) an asset you were interested in (DASH). But all you had to do was search for it and add it.  And if you had the latest version, DASH would have been visible by default to begin with. 

Moving on, thanks for posting that screenshot of a FOREX trading UI.  We actually already have most of the necessary elements that are on that screen: 
  • They have their Market Depth.  And that's equivalent to our Order Books and Market History. 
  • They have a Chart.  We also have a Chart (although granted our charting could be improved further, with the primary need being more candlestick options, but also more indicators and drawing tools).
  • They have their Watch List.  We have our Markets list. 
  • They have their Order List.  We have our Open Orders and My History. 
  • They have News.  We don't need News but have a Trollbox instead. 
  • They have their Stock Ticket (which is a unified Order form).  We have separate Buy and Sell Order forms.
  • They have a list of Positions.  This one we don't have, although I have advocated for it a few times (and OL may be adding it to their UI if they take some of my recent suggestions).

We also have something very handy that the UI above does not, which is the Market Depth Chart.  In fact, we have that in both mini form (which can be visible if you have the Trollbox closed), and large view (which you can toggle in place of the Price Chart).

Anyway, it's easy for people to bash and point out deficiencies.  And that's fine as long as the points are valid.  Actual constructive criticism is healthy and necessary, so I hope we see more of that.  But a lot of what we're seeing recently just isn't valid or accurate.  And I will continue to point it out when I see it.

Offline valtr

• View Profile
@tbone

I think you misunderstood and read too much into it. All I said was that we need to improve the trading interface (opinion) to move up in rank and attract more traders. The interface gets improved all the time so that's great!

this looks like fun!
Trading interface is very important for traders. If someone is trading for living needs a reliable toolbox to trade on.

iHashFury

@tbone

this looks like fun!

Offline nmywn

• View Profile
@sahkan
You're right on this one. In order to find, for examle DASH:BTS you have to set BTS tab as active. In order to make that market visible you have to click the grey star. And finally, search full name of asset, in this case OPEN.DASH - prefix is hidden in the GUI.
This is confusing and I'm afraid facelift is not enough.

DASH is visible by default, unless you're using an old client.  And no, to locate other assets using Find Market, you do NOT need to enter the prefix.  So no, sahkan was not right.  And neither are you.
DASH serves as example, there is many assets not visible by default, but yeah - after rethinking i must agree that searching only active tab is better approach. Without prefix I'll receive: DASH, DASH, OPENDASH - where first DASH is OPEN.DASH and second just DASH. In other hand if i search (better example) BTC, I'll find all BTC related assets sorted by volume, which is nice.

Offline sahkan

• View Profile
    • BitShares DEX
@tbone

Offline Pheonike

There are minor differences between the bitshares wallet and the openledger wallet. The openledger wallet is geared to highlighter the Openledger assets. The only native bitshares crypto mpa is bitbtc. The Openledger has its uia crypto cookers open.dash,btc and others.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Offline tbone

• View Profile
@sahkan
You're right on this one. In order to find, for examle DASH:BTS you have to set BTS tab as active. In order to make that market visible you have to click the grey star. And finally, search full name of asset, in this case OPEN.DASH - prefix is hidden in the GUI.

DASH is visible by default, unless you're using an old client.  And no, to locate other assets using Find Market, you do NOT need to enter the prefix.  So no, sahkan was not right.  And neither are you.

Offline tbone

• View Profile
Bitshare exchange needs a face lift. As an example if I want to trade DASH to BTC, I have to go to FIND MARKET, type in DASH and then all I have is DASH under BTC. There needs to be an easy way to display all pairs that you want to trade on one screen. Traders (me) like convenience and speed. That's of course only my opinion.

What are you talking about?  DASH is listed on each of the base asset tabs.  Very easy to see those DASH pairs and click on them to view the associated order books and trade them if you like.  Beyond that, the exchange may need a tweak or two here and there, but it most certainly does not need a face lift.  In fact, it's one of the best designed exchanges you'll fund anywhere in crypto.

Anyway, you need to start asking question instead of jumping to conclusions and misleading people by stating falsehoods.  You're 2 for 2 now.

I use the Bitshares Light Client on Mint and to get to DASH I have to use the steps I described. I might log in through the browser later on to see the differences.

EDIT: I just went to the browser wallet and indeed DASH is there (so there is an difference between web and my client). But that was not my point, substitute Peercoin for DASH above - the point is I want all available pairs or pairs I am interested in.

The light client is exactly the same UI as the web wallet (bitshares.org/wallet).  So if you're seeing something in the webwallet but not in the light client, it's because you don't have the latest version.  Who are you blaming for that? 

As for Peercoin, the reason you don't see it is because (I'm 99% sure) it's not offered.  And if a pair you're interested in is not selected by default (no one can read your mind), you just locate it using the Find Markets tab.  It's really not that difficult.  And we're supposed to believe you're qualified and capable of being a witness?   Hmmm. 
« Last Edit: March 30, 2017, 03:32:10 am by tbone »

Offline yvv

• View Profile
Because when we deal in any other crypto, aside from BTS, we are just as much a centralized exchange. When we fix that, if we can, we will have a true alternative.

No really as much centralized. UIA issuer owns his asset, but not the DEX.  UIA is not trustless, but in contrast to centralized exchange, there is no single center, which controls the DEX.

Offline nmywn

• View Profile
@sahkan

Offline sahkan

• View Profile
    • BitShares DEX
Bitshare exchange needs a face lift. As an example if I want to trade DASH to BTC, I have to go to FIND MARKET, type in DASH and then all I have is DASH under BTC. There needs to be an easy way to display all pairs that you want to trade on one screen. Traders (me) like convenience and speed. That's of course only my opinion.

What are you talking about?  DASH is listed on each of the base asset tabs.  Very easy to see those DASH pairs and click on them to view the associated order books and trade them if you like.  Beyond that, the exchange may need a tweak or two here and there, but it most certainly does not need a face lift.  In fact, it's one of the best designed exchanges you'll fund anywhere in crypto.

Anyway, you need to start asking question instead of jumping to conclusions and misleading people by stating falsehoods.  You're 2 for 2 now.

I use the Bitshares Light Client on Mint and to get to DASH I have to use the steps I described. I might log in through the browser later on to see the differences.

EDIT: I just went to the browser wallet and indeed DASH is there (so there is an difference between web and my client). But that was not my point, substitute Peercoin for DASH above - the point is I want all available pairs or pairs I am interested in.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2017, 04:41:04 am by sahkan »

Offline mr-whitekey

Because when we deal in any other crypto, aside from BTS, we are just as much a centralized exchange. When we fix that, if we can, we will have a true alternative.

Offline tbone

• View Profile

« Last Edit: March 29, 2017, 03:06:09 am by tbone »

Offline sahkan

• View Profile
    • BitShares DEX

Offline JonnyB

• View Profile
    • twitter.com/jonnybitcoin

"what can polo and btc38 give traders that the dex can't?"

Deep liquid orderbooks for lots of market pairs.

start market making with btsbots if you want to help

I run the @bitshares twitter handle
twitter.com/bitshares