Author Topic: The Reserve-pool-funded Volume on DEX. Worker Proposal? 5Million USD 24hr Volume  (Read 5805 times)

Offline pc

• View Profile
    • Bitcoin - Perspektive oder Risiko?
  • BitShares: cyrano
Faking volume is a bad idea in any case, IMO.

It's even worse when discussed in a public forum. Now even if we have that much real volume nobody's going to believe it.
Bitcoin - Perspektive oder Risiko? ISBN 978-3-8442-6568-2 http://bitcoin.quisquis.de

Offline yvv

• View Profile
Cool idea bro. But, things like this should not be funded through worker.

Offline Permie

• BitShares is the mycelium of the financial-earth
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: krimduss
TO BE CLEAR: I CANNOT VOLUNTEER MYSELF FOR THIS WORK. JUST DISCUSSING IDEA FOR SOMEONE ELSE TO TAKE ON

how much money do you need?
An additional $150kUSD volume on the bitUSD:bts market would cost a worker:
 $14 (2500bts) in fees per day,
and a cash fund of $30USD (5400bts) to make the trades.

A one-time -non-diminishing fund of $30 (5400bts),
plus a 31-day-supply of fees = $434 (77,500bts)

To fake $150k volume in 1 day = 7,900bts
To fake $4.5M volume in 1 month = 82,900bts
To fake $54M volume in 1 year = 917,000bts

+ ELECTRICITY COSTS TO HOST THE BOTS
« Last Edit: March 29, 2017, 04:04:17 pm by Permie »
JonnyBitcoin votes for liquidity and simplicity. Make him your proxy?
BTSDEX.COM

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav

Offline Permie

• BitShares is the mycelium of the financial-earth
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: krimduss

WOW GREAT VOLUME. Now that I've grabbed your attention, you want to read more about BitShares

============================================================
Hello Everyone,
I've had a preliminary idea for a worker proposal but I would like some more community discussion to improve it.
I posted about it in the price discussion thread but was advised by @JonnyBitcoin to move to a separate thread to continue. @MarkoPaasila @BunkerChain Labs

In a nutshell;

However, people always run to where the largest noise is... We're not shooting fireworks off, nor is there any band playing.   We have the quietest party on the block.
Could Reserve-Pool-Worker-funds be used to create orders on the DEX? To "make the market" with 0% spread so that the volume listed by third parties increases and we "make some noise". Coinmarketcap [has the option to] rank the exchanges (including the DEX) by the volume of bts traded in 24/hours.

Currently, the DEX ranks #3 by USD volume. $9,000 traded in 24hrs.
The #1 exchange is Poloniex, who trade $100k worth of bts per 24 hours.
To become #1 exchange (on a single given day) the DEX has to achieve another $90k volume of bitUSD traded vs bts.

Moving up the ranks so fast would get the DEX on a few more people's radars.
It DOES NOT MATTER THAT PEOPLE KNOW IT'S FAKE.
EXPOSURE
EXPOSURE
EXPOSURE

Trading bitUSD:bts between 2 accounts both funded by the Reserve Pool.
It's possible to make about 5,000 trades in a 24/hr period. (1 trade per ~20seconds)
Each trade would cost about 0.5bts.
5,000 trades * 0.5bts fee per trade = 2,500bts in total fees (paid to the network) to fake volume for 24hours.
At a price of $0.0056USD per bts; 2.5k bts would cost $14 per 24/hrs

The Reserve Pool Bot would boost the EXPOSURE of the DEX, and it would need capital (a fund of bitUSD and a fund of bts) to use to repeatedly trade back and forth.

If the target is to gain an extra $90,000 worth of volume (to rank #1 exchange):
$90,000(volume) / 5000 (# of trades) = $18.
$18 traded back and forth 5,000 times would produce $90,000 worth of volume, which would show up on coinmarket cap. Raising BitShares awareness, and getting exposure.

$18 is the minimum capital, and it would cost a flat rate of $14 per day.

If the Reserve Pool Bot had $500 worth of capital, the daily "demonstratable volume" would be $500*5,000 trades = $2.5Million. 24/hr volume. CRAY

Could a worker proposal fulfill this need?

Currently the lowest paid worker advertises on 8btc.com, costing 8,400bts per day.

The same payrate being directed to a "Reserve Pool Volume-Demonstrator Bot" would enable 5,000 trades per day, costing -2,500 bts per day. This leaves 5,900bts per day to accumulate in the capital fund.

If the worker proposal was accepted and properly/securely implemented:

Day 1: Bot has 5,900bts in capital (worth $33bitUSD). Bot pays $14 in fees to make the trades. The bot "fakes" $165k worth of volume on this day ($33*5,000)

Day 2: Bot has (5,900+5,900bts) worth $66bitUSD. Bot pays $14 in fees to make the trades.
The bot "fakes" $330k worth of volume on this day.

...Day 31: After 1 month the bot would have (5,900*31) 182kbts ($1000) accumulated in capital. The bot would spend 2,500bts (~$14) in fees on this day. The bot "fakes" $5,000,000 volume per day after 1 month of starting.

FIVE MILLION DOLLARS OF VOLUME PER DAY

QUESTIONS I WOULD LIKE ANSWERED:
#1 WHO COULD BE TRUSTED TO RUN THIS BOT?

#2 COULD THERE BE A TRUSTLESS SOLUTION?

#3 HOW MUCH "FAKE" VOLUME IS ENOUGH?

#4 HOW VALUABLE IS THIS KIND OF ADVERTISING EXPOSURE?

#5 COULD THERE BE A PROFITABLE METHOD THAT ACHIEVES THE SAME RESULTS?

COULD IT BE TRUSTLESS?

« Last Edit: March 29, 2017, 08:22:39 pm by Permie »
JonnyBitcoin votes for liquidity and simplicity. Make him your proxy?
BTSDEX.COM