Author Topic: Some questions re Bit20  (Read 6461 times)

Offline nmywn

• View Profile
Any thoughts on how to clear that silly 0.04 debt also welcomed .. i sold to some lucky souls slightly above the price feed, thinking that would erase the debt (yeah, no) .. as far as I can see there's only two options, buying more or shorting more.. the next order is 50%+ away from the settlement price and shorting more seems like an awful idea :)

To pay your debt you need BTWTY.

Offline yvv

• View Profile
- There is no vertical "Settlement Price" on any BTWTY market I bothered to check, except for :BTS ..  seeing as BTS is itself part of the basket, would it not make more sense for the primary (more advertised) markets to be USD and CNY ? And either way, the price feed should work for all of them.

The primary market is bit20 vs collateral asset, which is BTS. We need liquidity for this pair in order for MPA procedure to work.

- The concept is cool, but here's something I've been having trouble understanding: Who in their right mind would short BITWY into existence? (well, I did, and now owe 0.04 due to a fundamental misunderstanding of the dex mechanics)

Those who seek for profit from price volatility are welcomed to short it.

- Related to the above, and assuming one is in the camp that believes bit20 is headed for an extragalactic moon, why isn't everyone shorting USD and using it to buy BTWTY?

Because it is illiquid at present state.

Offline mea123

• View Profile
  • BitShares: mea123
thats why the none technical investors (investors which simply like to buy and to sell in a way it supposed to work in all kind of markets)
do not bother to get involved in this..to understand how this works
it takes a Harvard degree or close to it..I dont know but I have a feeling this can be easy as well..hundreds of broker can do it..
but as I already mentioned, I am not a tech guy just a regular user of Broker and their charting platform offered

Offline karnal

• View Profile
Any thoughts on how to clear that silly 0.04 debt also welcomed .. i sold to some lucky souls slightly above the price feed, thinking that would erase the debt (yeah, no) .. as far as I can see there's only two options, buying more or shorting more.. the next order is 50%+ away from the settlement price and shorting more seems like an awful idea :)

Offline karnal

• View Profile
Stoked to see that Bit20 is now (for awhile) available on the DEX.

Yesterday I was reading more about it and poking around, and here are my observations.. your comment is welcomed.

- There is no vertical "Settlement Price" on any BTWTY market I bothered to check, except for :BTS ..  seeing as BTS is itself part of the basket, would it not make more sense for the primary (more advertised) markets to be USD and CNY ? And either way, the price feed should work for all of them.

- The concept is cool, but here's something I've been having trouble understanding: Who in their right mind would short BITWY into existence? (well, I did, and now owe 0.04 due to a fundamental misunderstanding of the dex mechanics)

- Related to the above, and assuming one is in the camp that believes bit20 is headed for an extragalactic moon, why isn't everyone shorting USD and using it to buy BTWTY?

And small suggestion to whom it may concern, there is a valid TLS certificate at bittwenty.com, but by default the browser isn't instructed to use the secure version. Easy fix, such privacy.