Author Topic: BitShares Mumble -- Marketing Committee Formation (Nullstreet Resurection)  (Read 11028 times)

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav

Offline Musewhale

• 丑,实在是太丑了 !
    • View Profile
刚涨起来一点,你们又迫不及待的要开始搞“营销”了
MUSE witness:mygoodfriend     vote for me

Offline konelectric

if you need her voice, give me a pm. I work with her on other projects outside of crypto too, and get a good price

Ok, I'll keep her in mind and let folks know who help with videos and marketing.

Thanx

i also know a girl that can do Japanese voice overs.
Tweeter: Konelectric. Steemit: Konelectric. Youtube: Patrick Konshak. Success Council: Yourship. Mumble: Yourship or Konelectric.

Offline Thom

if you need her voice, give me a pm. I work with her on other projects outside of crypto too, and get a good price

Ok, I'll keep her in mind and let folks know who help with videos and marketing.

Thanx
Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere - MLK |  Verbaltech2 Witness Reports: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,23902.0.html

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
This short little video @fav did is a good example which focused on a very specific topic (short selling BitUSD [to improve liquidity]), is simple and easy for its target audience (traders) to understand and is clear and concise. The Asian voice is good to appeal to eastern cultures too.

We need lots of similar, tho professional (without the cartoon chars) videos that highlight important features of the DEX that exist NOW: Transfer by name | you keep private keys (Mt Gox safety) | login anywhere any device | multisig made easy | Business friendly - whitelisting / blacklisting | Create your own Token | The genius of BitShares' governance - you be in control | voting ....

That list needs to grow. The idea is to get as many of these little short videos put together with a nice voice, pretty face in a short timeframe to hit the wild around the same time to coincide with printed materials, ads on Coin Marketcap, Steemit and other social media. The idea is to create a marketing mini-blitz to reach the crypto crowd. We need to make our presense known while the frenzy at the altcoin feeding trough is high and money is flowing.

Offline virtualgrowth

As I see it, @MrWang is already in. But there is no reason we can't  have 2. That is a female spokesperson. Maybe the 2 could team up from time to time and do special videos together.  Like at events.

Continuing with MrWang and introduing another to be seprate and/or together sounds good.

Speaking of videos, I'd be open to putting forward another worker proposal to produce more professional instructional videos, if we got enough support for it. There are certainly opportunities to cover some of the more advanced trading features (shorting, margin calls, etc.) that haven't been covered in a Chronos Crypto video yet, and with the price of BTS at this higher level, a worker would require less dilution than ever.

More professional instructional videos sounds like a good priority as educating people and showing how they may use Bitshares has great value.

1. update website
2. update marketing material (landing pages tailored for specific topics like bitUSD, trading etc - make it ?ref friendly & catch emails)
3. discuss a marketing campaign (what social networks? bloggers? influencers? ad networks?)
4. define budget
5. run campaign
- hire a "face" (3.5? per Thom)
get the foundation ready <d>first and in order</d>.

Steps sound good.  So let's make a top five priority list to initially address the first most important matters and then continue to change priorities moving forward and upward.
6. Make a Bitshares Wikipedia. (add per konelectric)

Possible metrics: (new) users, market volumes, asset/coin holdings
Two long term and two short term numbers for smart and critical numbers may help to better guide our efforts, keep us on track, and provide measurable results and changes.

Thank you for everyone's (continuous) input.  Please provide top priority and goal ideas so we may fine tune our greatest areas of value to address.
iWkjpAW7TLIHr0vO

Offline Thom

This short little video @fav did is a good example which focused on a very specific topic (short selling BitUSD [to improve liquidity]), is simple and easy for its target audience (traders) to understand and is clear and concise. The Asian voice is good to appeal to eastern cultures too.

We need lots of similar, tho professional (without the cartoon chars) videos that highlight important features of the DEX that exist NOW: Transfer by name | you keep private keys (Mt Gox safety) | login anywhere any device | multisig made easy | Business friendly - whitelisting / blacklisting | Create your own Token | The genius of BitShares' governance - you be in control | voting ....

That list needs to grow. The idea is to get as many of these little short videos put together with a nice voice, pretty face in a short timeframe to hit the wild around the same time to coincide with printed materials, ads on Coin Marketcap, Steemit and other social media. The idea is to create a marketing mini-blitz to reach the crypto crowd. We need to make our presense known while the frenzy at the altcoin feeding trough is high and money is flowing.
Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere - MLK |  Verbaltech2 Witness Reports: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,23902.0.html

Offline Thom

here's how I would do it:

1. update website
2. update marketing material (landing pages tailored for specific topics like bitUSD, trading etc - make it ?ref friendly & catch emails)
3. discuss a marketing campaign (what social networks? bloggers? influencers? ad networks?)
4. define budget
5. run campaign
- hire a "face"

get the foundation ready first and in order.

@fav, I consider this one of the most constructive suggestions I've heard that provide realistic short term goals with its focus on marketing.

I would disagree with you about when the "face" is hired however. IMO the marketing campaign needs to have that face. I would put hiring the face after step 3 & before step 4 to define the budget. Good faces don't usually work for free.

Other worthwhile activities related to these would be work on documentation (@xeroc already has a great start on that), forum migration to a modern forum like discourse, and a barrage of short 10 - 60 seconds in length videos that focus on one specific feature at a very high level, not detailed, but to say what the feature is and hype its value.

Why wait for the foundation to be setup when we can do these things now. It's taking way too long for all the pieces to come together for the foundation, and I see more effort to define it, it's role, and providing some type of coherent statement about it to shareholders will be necessary. Perhaps some of that is ongoing, but there are no timeframes for its completion that I'm aware of.

In the mean time marketing opportunities like the decline of Tether are slipping away.

This is type of short term plan I want to see happen, let say in the next 90 days. We are at step 3 right now, but steps 1 & 2 have yet to be scheduled.

I am calling for everybody to describe in the same fashion fav did what your plan for the next 90 days would be if you were king. You should NOT include in your plan anything big that can't realistically be accomplished in the next 90 days, so forget adding new features or restructuring fees to pay interest. Stay away from the shortcomings and issues that need to be dealt with that require full time backend / frontend devs to do. Focus on a 90 day plan, the low hanging fruit you see and clearly separate longer term things you feel are important to be included in another plan for later.

Whatever your suggestions are, their effectiveness must be measurable. It would be helpful if you mentioned the metrics you would use to see how well your plan is working. Without that how will you know if your plan should be funded?
« Last Edit: April 24, 2017, 04:44:03 pm by Thom »

Offline Louis

1. update website
4. define budget
5. run campaign
- hire a "face"

I would add 6. Make a Bitshares Wikipedia.

+5% +5% +5% I agree
« Last Edit: April 24, 2017, 04:01:56 pm by Louis »

Offline konelectric

1. update website
4. define budget
5. run campaign
- hire a "face"

I would add 6. Make a Bitshares Wikipedia.
Tweeter: Konelectric. Steemit: Konelectric. Youtube: Patrick Konshak. Success Council: Yourship. Mumble: Yourship or Konelectric.

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!

1. update website
4. define budget
5. run campaign
- hire a "face"

« Last Edit: April 24, 2017, 05:39:35 am by fav »

Offline Chronos

Speaking of videos, I'd be open to putting forward another worker proposal to produce more professional instructional videos, if we got enough support for it. There are certainly opportunities to cover some of the more advanced trading features (shorting, margin calls, etc.) that haven't been covered in a Chronos Crypto video yet, and with the price of BTS at this higher level, a worker would require less dilution than ever.

Here are the videos that we've produced so far -- feel free to use them in your marketing efforts! Bitshares Playlist

Offline konelectric

Speaking of finding a spokesperson. @fuzzy whatever happen with Alicia?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eet2Mxl5nQM

Are first spokesperson Max Wright @bitmarket  (Host of BitShares.TV and Author of BitShares 101), stopped his work after Bitshares2.0 came out. His reason being that Bitshares2.0 had no whitepaper (at that time) or a Wikipedia for him to go off of. So he moved on.

As I see it, @MrWang is already in. But there is no reason we can't  have 2. That is a female spokesperson. Maybe the 2 could team up from time to time and do special videos together.  Like at events.

That's just some of my thoughts.

Offline another-joe

@Thom , is this where you plan on posting updates from meetings?

It was a good chat last night. Thanks. One observation that was made several times and discussed was the need to get the foundational info built. Rick and I discuss this often, because it seems so obvious and yet when groups start brainstorming the broader vision tends to take over in the excitement.

I shared this observation with another group recently too. They're asking for community interaction, but they haven't successfully told the community what they're doing yet. It would be like Jobs asking folks what they thought of the iPod without anyone ever seeing one, without explaining what it can do or even why they might want one. He built a perceived need largely by making folks realize how awesome what he was building was, so that they couldn't resist it, even though they'd never seen it before. How many awesome projects are just sitting out there because an amazing team could build it wonderfully, but couldn't convey what it was in their effort to market it?

Here's what I shared with another group recently:

Hey Team,
You've asked for some interaction with a couple of good questions. I tend to think that the lack of response is likely due to a lack of understanding. While you guys brainstorm and work your tails off, you're integrated into understanding where [you're] headed. Most folks on this list do not know. Heck, I don't know and I have spent a decent amount of time with you. I've gotten some general ideas, but the vision is still quite blurry for me.
I'm seeing this with several projects at the moment. There is a gap between what's being done and why and the target audience's understanding of what's being done and why. It's as if the excitement of building it jumps past the need to communicate it clearly.
What is [your project]?
Why should folks care?
Assume folks here don't know anything about [your project] (because some [if not most] probably don't!). Lay out the foundational questions and then, as you answer them, you'll get folks here to a point where they can intelligently interact and brainstorm with you.
My two bucks. :money_with_wings:

Doing any less is like building walls without a foundation. It might look great, but what's going to support it?

I'm really bummed I'll miss next Wed. I guess there are a couple of us that can't make all Wednesdays. Please consider whether it can be moved to any other day. For me (and I think Rick), Thursdays would be great!

Offline JonnyB

• View Profile
    • twitter.com/jonnybitcoin
I missed the mumble marketing hangout yesterday but I am also interested in better co-ordinating the marketing for bitshares.
Me @fav @BunkerChain Labs and @Chris4210 are doing a good job so far with the social media but I can add others to hootsuite so more people can post from the @bitshares twitter and fb.com/bitshares accounts.
Hootsuite charges each extra access to the account at $10 a month so it's only worth it if you have lot of good posting ideas.

It might be worth running some facebook ads again.  Last time I did this it was paid for by upvotes on a steem post but this time it might make more sense to as a worker proposal.

I believe the priority for marketing efforts now should be a new website. @Chris4210 was working on a new one with etherdesign but the cost to produce it would be $4000 which I'm sure can be funded with a worker proposal.  I don't really know what the delay on this is.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2017, 01:55:44 pm by JonnyBitcoin »
I run the @bitshares twitter handle
twitter.com/bitshares