Author Topic: OPENLEDGER WALLET MISSING  (Read 2966 times)

Offline gorgeous

• View Profile
HELLLPPPP...it happen again..my openledger wallet missing again since the new interface of IO..
since 10th July, when I click to my Openledger page..it did not load my account..
Had tried to restore..showed successfully but unable to go to my dashboard or also do no show I'm in my  account....
History list also unable to load.

Please please somebody help....
FYI I'm not a technie person..please explain "slowly"and step by step for your reply help.

Thank!!!   :-[ :-X :-\ :'( ::)

Offline nmywn

• View Profile
I'm sorry to here that. Looks like your backup is empty ( no account inside).

Try it from your "Z" account:
   go options/wallet/new wallet
   backup that new wallet.
  Clear cache, load.

This is what you get.

I hope you didn't lost much. For the future, you can make backup for ways:  On paper:  brainkey, private key - which you can import into empty wallet, or just bin file.

Offline gorgeous

• View Profile
Hi Nmywn,

I followed your advised, but the same thing happened.
Back up bin file 'Successfully Restored (DEFAULT) wallet)', I then clicked Dashboard but it still return to Create Account features.

I tested restored using my "Z" account (dummy) , 'Successfully restored (Default) wallet'
 and able to go to the wallet Dashboard features - (Z wallet asset account )

Either if the bin file or password have problem, definitely the system
will prompt something 'incorrect or failed'.

By the way it is from CCDEK icoo BlockPay that brought me to create open ledger
wallet.I cant remember much details about it anymore. Not sure whether
 the problem restoring lies here.

PS: Anyone ever face this similar issue before?? Is it solved?
        If yes, please help to advise too.

Offline nmywn

• View Profile
You can try import your wallet at bitshares.org/wallet or download client at bitshares.org/download - it's little different. I guess step by step instruction is not required in your case.
Just click "create account" and next "use the wallet model" - there you can restore.
I've checked my older backups without problems, so don't know why your backup not work.

Offline gorgeous

• View Profile
Hi nmywn,

Im using Openledger webpage.

Actually i did try to create a new 'dummy' account( lets call it Z ) and simulate the same actions i did by deleting my  browser history. And try to restore from backup bin file. It works fine for Z account. And i did simulated 2 3 times on Z account and successfully restored my wallet each time.

Only my 1st account im unable go to ghe wallet features, eventhough it prompted restored successful. When i click thd Dashboard option...it goes back to Create Account....
I'm lost!!! What to do?????

Offline nmywn

• View Profile
Just came to my mind. Did you try switching to advanced mode? Maybe here lays your problem. Importing on openledger.info works fine, just tested

Offline nmywn

• View Profile
Go to dashboard (top left bitshares icon). Click your account name under Accounts list. If account list is empty don't worry, just tell me what webpage you're using and will lead you step by step.

Offline gorgeous

• View Profile
Hi Xeroc,
Thks for the reply but I am not a Techie person.
I not understand from your explanation.

I follow the instruction for importing ghe back up bin file, promptec successfull but still I cannot view my wallet.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Please make sure that you have the imported wallet selected(!) from the active wallets drop down menu. Could be you are importing a backup and still have some 'default' wallet active

Offline gorgeous

• View Profile
Hi All,

Anyone please help me.  :-[

I deleted my chrome browsing history and later I found out I cannot enter my openledger wallet.

I restored using backup bin file and it prompts successful but still never see my wallet features.

I did tried restoring few times but still unable to see my wallet features.