Author Topic: ...It's been a while (working on upgrading to 2.0 to claim balances)  (Read 2436 times)

Offline Methodise

distributed autonomous food production, so I actually spent the last couple of years going out and building that company (not blockchain based, but traditional VC-backed)  :D

Awesome.
BTS: methodise

Offline G1ng3rBr34dM4n

I am in the same boat or close to it.  Let me know if you find a solution!

Will do - haven't figured it out yet...

I'm not exactly sure what I did, but it worked and I do have my [fully claimed] balance.  I'll attempt to outline the steps below:
  • Created a new account that matched the name of the account I was attempting to claim funds from (I'm not exactly sure how / why this made a difference as my dashboards / accounts still appeared the same as before)
  • refreshed the browser of my 2.0 wallet (just hit command+R)
  • Navigated to "lookup balances"
  • I did not select an account in the dropdown menu
  • note: I had both 'unclaimed' & 'unclaimed (vesting)' balances showing for the account
  • I selected the check box on the left side of the balances
  • I pressed the blue 'claim balance (account name)
  • It worked. Balance shows at the top of my screen (for me - it was the sum of the 'unclaimed' + 'unclaimed (vesting)' balances)

I really hope that helps some of you out there!

Offline G1ng3rBr34dM4n

Will do - haven't figured it out yet... 

Offline Captain_Picard

• View Profile

Offline G1ng3rBr34dM4n

Hey Everyone -

It's been a few years since my last post and since I've been active in the BitShares community, but just wanted to drop in and say "hey" and see if I may be able to get some help around getting back up to speed with the latest happenings.  For those who don't know me - I've been around since the early days (was a miner of Protoshares).  For those who do know me, you may recall I was fascinated by distributed autonomous food production, so I actually spent the last couple of years going out and building that company (not blockchain based, but traditional VC-backed)  :D

I'm hoping this post may help others too that could have a similar situation. 

So, here's the facts of where I'm at: 
  • I have the 2.0 wallet and have it up and running and have access to my wallet
  • The last backup I have for my legacy wallet is from 2015  (it seems like there may have potentially been additional transactions since then that are not accounted for in that backup and that I don't have a backup for...)
  • After I "lookup balances" in 2.0, when I attempt to "Claim Balance" - I'm able to do so for all my accounts and assets, except for my BTS (I actually get a response that says: "Failed to broadcast the transaction: Missing Authority")
  • fwiw, BTS is the only asset in which I have both "unclaimed" and "unclaimed (vesting)" balances

I think what may be going on here is that I may need to sync the blockchain on my 0.9.3 and then export a fresh backup??

Following the migration guide:
  • ...I do have a new computer now then I had when I was running the BitShare GUI (MacOS) and just downloaded the legacy wallet (0.9.3)
  • I have a copy of the full blockchain (thanks to robrigo for helping out there)

And now I don't have any way to sync the blockchain - I believe the problem I'm running into is that I have no BitShares directory folder in:  library/application_support

IF that's the case - how would I properly create a new directory folder that I can drop the full chain into and sync?

Any thoughts or guidance here would be much appreciated and if there's another approach I should look into, let me know!