Author Topic: Fees Report  (Read 9874 times)

Offline Taconator

• View Profile
This is very important document. It would be very good if we could get those reports on regular ( monthly,  quarterly, yearly) bases.
Yes, I am considering doing that.

I like its findings so far. Although generally informative, I don't understand scope of its interest. I suppose it is meant for Bitshares share holders.
That is correct.  For now, the report is intended for shareholders.

Without:
 - subsequent distribution of the collected fees to entities such as the network, witnesses, worker proposals, asset issuers, referrers, nor lifetime member accounts;
 - the quantities that are reported in the document are all in terms of the asset units that were specified for fee payment
, it lacks basics for valuable conclusions such as ( I'll put my opinion in parentheses):

- how well it performs in terms of a company aka Distributed Autonomous Companies (no clue w/o expenses)
- where is possible space for improvement in terms of income (it partially provided clue)
- does current fee structure supports mentioned above (no clue)
- how does it distribute value that it creates (no clue)
- is this distribution in compliance with its short term and long term goals (no clue)

As a basics for future improvement I would suggest minor changes:
Income side
- all fees denominated in BTS, structured by descending value (gross network fees)
- basic gross fee structure in terms of percentage of the whole (core token, MPAs, UIAs)
- all fees after deductions, that goes to network (neto network fees)
expenditure side:
- witnesses
- workers
- other if exists
Excellent suggestions, thank you. At the moment, I am thinking that this is the first version of a report that will continue to evolve and be updated.

Offline Taconator

• View Profile
Best if we have charts. Or have raw data (if not available now) so other people can help make charts.
If it hasn't been posted to https://steemit.com/, please do.

Good suggestion. Charts will be coming ...

Offline Geneko

• View Profile
Great stuff!! Thank you.

This is very important document. It would be very good if we could get those reports on regular ( monthly,  quarterly, yearly) bases.

I like its findings so far. Although generally informative, I don't understand scope of its interest. I suppose it is meant for Bitshares share holders.
Without:
 - subsequent distribution of the collected fees to entities such as the network, witnesses, worker proposals, asset issuers, referrers, nor lifetime member accounts;
 - the quantities that are reported in the document are all in terms of the asset units that were specified for fee payment
, it lacks basics for valuable conclusions such as ( I'll put my opinion in parentheses):

- how well it performs in terms of a company aka Distributed Autonomous Companies (no clue w/o expenses)
- where is possible space for improvement in terms of income (it partially provided clue)
- does current fee structure supports mentioned above (no clue)
- how does it distribute value that it creates (no clue)
- is this distribution in compliance with its short term and long term goals (no clue)

As a basics for future improvement I would suggest minor changes:
Income side
- all fees denominated in BTS, structured by descending value (gross network fees)
- basic gross fee structure in terms of percentage of the whole (core token, MPAs, UIAs)
- all fees after deductions, that goes to network (neto network fees)
expenditure side:
- witnesses
- workers
- other if exists

Offline Chris4210

• Keep Building!
    • View Profile
    • www.payger.com
  • BitShares: chris4210
This report is great for us. This will help us to make better decisions and update the fee accordingly. Thank you very much.

Vote Chris4210 for Committee Member http://bit.ly/1WKC03B! | www.Payger.com - Payments + Messenger | www.BitShareshub.io - Community based fanpage for the BitShares Blockchain

Offline abit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
    • Abit's Hive Blog
  • BitShares: abit
  • GitHub: abitmore
Good work.
Best if we have charts. Or have raw data (if not available now) so other people can help make charts.
If it hasn't been posted to https://steemit.com/, please do.
 +5%
BitShares committee member: abit
BitShares witness: in.abit

Offline Thom

That is some top notch Sherlock Holmes work there Taconator, excellent! That data will inform the committee of all the details, and help them in making adjustments.
Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere - MLK |  Verbaltech2 Witness Reports: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,23902.0.html

Offline DestBest

Very good work !!!
Thank you !   +5%
BitShares French ConneXion, le portail francophone BitShares.
BitShares French ConneXion, the BitShares french gateway.
www.bitsharesfcx.com

Offline Taconator

• View Profile
Greetings everyone,

Ten days ago, @tbone put out a call for information about the total fees collected on the network. I compiled this information for the time period from the blockchain's start, in October  2015, through March 2017. The report is available  here.

Please note several things about what the report is and is not:

• the fees in the report are merely the fees collected by the blockchain network and which are later distributed to various accounts. These fees are a superset of the fees that are ultimately distributed to the network’s fee pool;
  • the document does not report on the volume of activities on the blockchain; rather it is focused on the fees collected as a result of the activities;
  • the document does not report on the subsequent distribution of the collected fees to entities such as the network, witnesses, worker proposals, asset issuers, referrers, nor lifetime member accounts;
  • the quantities that are reported in the document are all in terms of the asset units that were specified for fee payment (e.g. BTS, bitGold, etc.) and are not expressed in terms of any common asset unit.

In summary, fees were collected in terms of 349 assets. The total fees collected in the core asset, BTS, are 47,106,798 BTS. The leading types of operations that generated the fees in BTS are listed below.

Operation Type% of Total BTS
Asset Create48%
Account Upgrades26%
Account Create17%
Limit Order Create3%
Transfer Operation2%
Asset Publish Feed1%
Vesting Balance Withdrawal1%

The details of the data are presented in different ways to help with analyzing them in different ways. Appendix A categorizes the collected fees in percentage terms for every operation type. Appendix B contains the nominal fees for every type of operation which is helpful especially when a particular operation might have a relatively low quantity of fees which would be hidden when expressed solely in percentage terms.

If you do encounter any errors in the report, please let me know and I will correct the report as soon as possible.