Author Topic: Each witness is getting paid $1200+ because of the price rise.  (Read 14360 times)

Offline bitcrab

• Committee member
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: bitcrab
  • GitHub: bitcrab
I am fine to reduce the witness payment to 1.5 BTS/block.
on the other hand, I hope more witnesses can be voted as active, I don't understand why now we have much less active witnesses than before.
Email:bitcrab@qq.com

iHashFury

If I had a chance, I will redesign the fee system.

1. change all fee asset from BTS to FEESUSD which belong to committee. all fees will priced on this FEESUSD.
     committee  only need to sell FEESUSD for bitUSD to increase the supply .
2. all witness and worker will get payment in FEESUSD.
     if you don't  have faith in Bitshares, or if Bitshares can't get enough users, the FEESUSD is rubbish,
     in the other hand, the FEESUSD is exactly 1 USD's worth.
3. no new BTS need create.  committee can use bitUSD to buyback BTS and burn it to give back profit to all BTS holders.

Who would work for a worthless UIA with no collateral or leverage value?

Offline nmywn

• View Profile
Please, invest in badass api nodes, raise the standarts. There is not much to choose from and it is super frustrating seeing init error.

Offline llildur

• View Profile
In favor of the cut maybe this process should be automatic.

Offline sahkan

• View Profile
    • BitShares DEX
DEX is build on BitShares and therefore I think witnesses should be paid in BTS (witnesses pay for price feeds in BTS). But maybe we can come up with a 30 or 45 day moving average for BTS:USD price and the Committee can adjust the BTS pay as required. But I've said all along that witnessing should not be a business but responsibility to the community, so witnesses are maintaining infrastructure because their business relays on DEX not because they want to get paid as witnesses. We should lower the witness pay as the BTS:USD price goes up so the BTS reserve stops declining and we can continue to maintain DEX as designed.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2017, 01:24:10 am by sahkan »

Offline alt

• View Profile
  • BitShares: baozi
If I had a chance, I will redesign the fee system.

1. change all fee asset from BTS to FEESUSD which belong to committee. all fees will priced on this FEESUSD.
     committee  only need to sell FEESUSD for bitUSD to increase the supply .
2. all witness and worker will get payment in FEESUSD.
     if you don't  have faith in Bitshares, or if Bitshares can't get enough users, the FEESUSD is rubbish,
     in the other hand, the FEESUSD is exactly 1 USD's worth.
3. no new BTS need create.  committee can use bitUSD to buyback BTS and burn it to give back profit to all BTS holders.

« Last Edit: April 20, 2017, 11:44:26 pm by alt »

Offline yvv

• View Profile
Should we raise this question again next week if BTS prise drops to what it was a month ago?

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado
Most probably run on cheap servers. I seriously doubt any witness provides a service worth $500 a month, let alone $1200

Cut it down, if they're not happy, let them leave, true supporters will stay as they clearly will still make a profit and new ones will come. Whoever leaves because of that it's because it wasn't dedicated enough to support the network either way. Let competition kick in.

$1200 is an absurd, if they want more apply for a worker.

Are witnesses even paying for feeds from an accurate source or something?
« Last Edit: April 20, 2017, 10:31:37 pm by Akado »
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline JonnyB

• View Profile
    • twitter.com/jonnybitcoin
Let's vote in more witnesses.

You are are a witness so are bias.
You are also a committee member which has me thinking if too many witnesses are committee members there will be a considerable conflict of interest when it comes to witness pay.  hmmmmmmm
I was talking as a stake holder. "Let's vote".

good point.
I run the @bitshares twitter handle
twitter.com/bitshares

Offline abit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
    • Abit's Hive Blog
  • BitShares: abit
  • GitHub: abitmore

You are also a committee member which has me thinking if too many witnesses are committee members there will be a considerable conflict of interest when it comes to witness pay.  hmmmmmmm
I was talking as a stake holder. "Let's vote".
BitShares committee member: abit
BitShares witness: in.abit

Offline JonnyB

• View Profile

twitter.com/bitshares

Offline abit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
    • Abit's Hive Blog
  • BitShares: abit
  • GitHub: abitmore
BitShares committee member: abit
BitShares witness: in.abit

Offline JonnyB

• View Profile
Each witness is getting paid $1200+ because of the price rise.

They used to get 1.5 bts per block  but this was doubled this year because the bitshares price was so low.

Now the bitshares price has nearly tripled so has the witnesses pay and every witness is receiving $1200+ worth of BTS every month!

A long term fix would be if an agreed $ payment could be paid to them in BTS each month. But that idea deserves its own post.

twitter.com/bitshares