Author Topic: Decentralized proof of stake payout system  (Read 1287 times)

chryspano

Sounds a good idea but I don't know how effective/attractive it will be and if the "energy spent" will pay off.

Mcxnow was an exchange that in an attempt to increase its trading volume was paying every depositor with a percentage of it's trading fees. You deposited btc and 50% of all btc trading fees were distributed among all btc depositors every 8 hours, it was nice to see even dust to accumulate in your wallet but in the end it did not achive much.

Offline R

• View Profile
If we had custom dividend rules for UIA, you could potentially set an x% issuance per year to be distributed to said UIA asset holders - you would be able to migrate POS cryptos to such a system with a one-way-peg.

Offline SatoshiNakamoto

• View Profile
Many cryptocurrencies are capatilizing on the pull of proof of stake.  Can and should the bitshares exchange market itself towards investors, as well as traders?

There is talk about bringing back the "earn x% interest on anything."

What about as an alternative or a complimentary system we utilize a decentralized proof of stake system? 
We bring in cryptocurrencies with proof of stake onto the bitshares exchange.  Clients/investors/traders receive open.versions.  The collective mass of these cryptocurrencies are staked in open decentralized wallets; the accumulated weight give the decentralized stake greater rewards.  The minting of cryptocurrency through this process is then distributed back into the wallets of the clients/investors/traders.

This would give investors another great reason to place their cryptocurrencies with bitshares.  Easy hassle free staking, allowing those with even a small stake to collectively mint. 

Just an idea I thought I would share.