Author Topic: Problem with Unlocking Wallet on OpenLedger  (Read 2285 times)

chryspano

Only brute forcing comes to my mind but I have no clue about the how to

Offline lvion-168

Unfortunately I didnt save a brainkey and none of my passwords work. Is there a anything that can be done to rescue my funds? Is there anything an openledger administrator could do to help me?

chryspano

You first need to enter your current password in order to change it, but If you have a backup of your brainkey you might be able to restore/recreate your wallet with a new password, I think that the brainkey can't help you if you imported your account from 0.9.3.c 

One last think is to double check the passwords you type, especially if you had them written in paper, a lot of typos can occur 9g 5s, c(, l1 etc

Offline lvion-168

Thank you for the reply. None of my passwords work, is there any way to reset this password so that I can get my funds out? Or should i assume the funds I sent to OpenLedger are forever gone since I no longer am able to recall this password. I am very unhappy with my OpenLedger experience  and can't find anyone to help on the OpenLedger chatboards or OpenLedger support.

chryspano

When you created your openledger account you were asked to enter a password, this is the password you can use to unlock your wallet, restore your backup or make transactions

Offline lvion-168

I recently joined openledger.io and have been attempting to do trades for crypto currency from bitcoin and withdrawing funds. I have been unable to do any transactions because I am unable to unlock my wallet which is requested for any transaction. Please advise how I can proceed to unlock the wallet successfully.

There are many places on the openledger.io site where there are passwords. It is not clear which one is the correct password that I should be using.
Option
A. There is a .bin file that is created, not sure if this file has an embedded password that I am supposed to pull out, not sure how i would open and read a bin file 
B. When i create a backup wallet a password is requested, I believe this password is for wallet recovery only
C. There is another password in the owner permissions tab, its a very long password and it looks like a hash

Please advise, at this point I am  just trying to rescue the funds which I naively sent to OpenLedger.io. I had now idea it would be so difficult to perform transactions on the site or take an IQ test just to keep 4 or 5 passwords straight.