Author Topic: Password Lost, how to recover funds in OpenLedger Account  (Read 6632 times)

Offline Conte

• View Profile
Thanks FAV, but it's just the password I do not remember ..... maybe I need a hacker ....

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav
I lost the password, can I recover the wallet only with the .bib file I saved?
^

the .bin file contains everything you need. you just need to remember the password

Offline Conte

• View Profile
I lost the password, can I recover the wallet only with the .bib file I saved?

Offline lvion-168

I have no lock icon on the upper right. I used to have it but it has disappeared.

If any of you who have replied to me on this thread could help me recover the BTC in the account over Skype or google chat,  I could offer you half the value of the account. I have a backup wallet and password, the funds seem to be locked for some unknown reason. 

I am bummed out, I had wanted to trade assets on the BTS platform. Seems like a nice platform if you can only pass the 180 IQ test required to use this system.

Offline svk

So you did have your password and backup after all then!

Not sure why it freezes though, try simply unlocking your wallet by clicking the padlock in the top right.
Worker: dev.bitsharesblocks

Offline lvion-168

I was able to reset the account password with a stored copy of the wallet .bin file. Now when I attempt to withdraw funds i put in the password and my BTC address, but the system seems to "hang". The withdraw button only gives me a fuzzy blue border and does not actually succeed, and no error message is given - it just sits there, leaving the user with a puzzled experience.

I am using the opera browser with VPN set to ON in case that makes a difference.

Is there some other setting missing that prevents me from withdrawing my funds?

Do i need to change the active owner tab in order to be allowed to rescue my funds from this account?

Offline nmywn

• View Profile
It clearly says so when you create an account
I think the message is clear enough, but he obviously didn't read that. To much text maybe. Warning about the password is on the right side, like something less important, not worth reading. I think Important message should be placed close to button area, as a MUST READ and on the right further explanation.

http://imgur.com/a/eALoT

Offline svk

It's a decentralized exchange which means noone else has your password or private keys. It clearly says so when you create an a count, and it stresses the importance of storing your password and backup since noone can help you recover the account if you lose those.
Worker: dev.bitsharesblocks

Offline lvion-168

I have lost my password and am unable to trade or transfer since the system forces the user to unlock the wallet

Is there anyone on this forum that could help me brute force this and recover my funds? thank you in advance.

I find it incredible that firgetting one password could potentially lead to loss of millions in funds. Is this a governance issue since this is European based exchange?