Author Topic: WeChat group "BTS Whales"  (Read 3581 times)

Offline Musewhale

• 丑,实在是太丑了 !
    • View Profile
This "whales" group could be seen as centralized control, or at least spun as that by competitors to BitShares.

However it's the nature of PoS. If these "whales" gain consensus among themselves and use that influence to steer BitShares that is where centralization of power can occur. All it takes is money to gain control of this ship. I'm not saying it could happen overnight, but if your aim is to gain control and money is no concern it could be done.

It will be interesting to see what comes of this whales group and whether they will get consensus on the things that are hindering our growth, and if such a consensus will translate into actions that result in growth.

Please don't think too much, just to make money :P :P :P
MUSE witness:mygoodfriend     vote for me

Offline Thom

This "whales" group could be seen as centralized control, or at least spun as that by competitors to BitShares.

However it's the nature of PoS. If these "whales" gain consensus among themselves and use that influence to steer BitShares that is where centralization of power can occur. All it takes is money to gain control of this ship. I'm not saying it could happen overnight, but if your aim is to gain control and money is no concern it could be done.

It will be interesting to see what comes of this whales group and whether they will get consensus on the things that are hindering our growth, and if such a consensus will translate into actions that result in growth.

Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere - MLK |  Verbaltech2 Witness Reports: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,23902.0.html

Offline nomoreheroes7

• King of all the land
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: nomoreheroes7
Looks like there are 23 addresses with 10M or more BTS. But that includes like 7 exchange addresses, and I know some of those accounts are owned by the same person. So, about 10-15 people sounds about right.

Now that's exclusive!

:P

Offline R

• View Profile
So what.. a chatroom for approx 15 people? What's wrong with the Bitshares telegram group?

Offline bitcrab

• Committee member
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: bitcrab
  • GitHub: bitcrab
in order to get better communication among big BTS shareholders, we now create a wechat group "BTS Whales".

only accounts with more than 10M BTS(collaterals included) are allowed to join this group, if you are qualified and want to join, please send 1 BTS to BTS account bitcrab for verification, with leaving your wechat account in the memo, I will invite you after verification, thanks!

now there are 6 members inside, they are all Chinese, welcome more whales from all around the world to join, I believe we can discuss a lot of senseful things here.

« Last Edit: April 25, 2017, 03:52:00 am by bitcrab »
Email:bitcrab@qq.com