Author Topic: Interactive Charts and Graphs  (Read 6885 times)

Offline GChicken

• View Profile
Awesome work Lafona!

Offline lafona

• View Profile
  • BitShares: lafona
Steemdb is a good template. It fits a lot of information into a small space. I'll try to keep more data in table form going forward hopefully making it more convenient to use. Thanks
BTS Witnesses: delegate-1.lafona     Witness Thread: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,21569.msg280911/topicseen.html#msg280911
MUSE Witness: lafona

Offline roelandp

• Witness, dad, kitesurfer, event organiser
    • View Profile
    • RoelandP.nl
  • BitShares: roelandp
  • GitHub: roelandp
Nice @lafona! I was contemplating on starting to track the active witnesses but as you are already doing this, great!

I think having a table like SteemDB is great, also including maybe an overview of amount of feeds provided in that table. And then the feed update frequency for the witnesses per timeframe or smth?

Offline lafona

• View Profile
Hey again,

Thanks for all of the great feedback, and sorry for the delayed response. I have been working on a bare bones setup to start monitoring and reporting some of the metrics you suggested and switching servers took a little longer than expected. If you want to check it out here it is.

https://lafona.net/witness-stats/

It should be easier to identify the individual feed now that the selected witness is highlighted. Also it now shows recently missed blocks for the last 1, 6 and 24 hours for the selected witness. It only has about 12 hours worth of data right now, so I limited the outputs to reflect that. I think moving forward it makes sense to keep one page as a sort of overview/recent activity(missed blocks, feed history, latency?, other info) and have some other pages for more detailed or historic information. That being said I do plan to eventually add some tables in order to monitor multiple witnesses at once. Also I'm open to locating it wherever it might get the most use, so whenever it seems presentable enough I'd be happy to move it. So, please let me know if you have any additional thoughts, suggestions or criticisms and thanks again for checking it out.

BTS Witnesses: delegate-1.lafona     Witness Thread: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,21569.msg280911/topicseen.html#msg280911

Offline karnal

• View Profile

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Wow!!! Great job .. if you polish them a little and can offer to put them at a more prominent address along *.bitshares.eu ...

This kind of data is very valuable for shareholdera (and proxies) to evaluate witnesses!!

Offline MarkoPaasila

I think an interesting and very important - although lagging - metric to track would be how much of the BTS supply is locked in as collateral. A stacked chart with collateral behind all different MPA's. I would like to see how BTS:USD price correlates with collateral. I think it's imporant, because it's the main thing driving BTS price, and such a metric would raise awareness.

Offline Thom

Thanks @lafona for asking, and for your efforts.

I would  L O V E  to see tools everyone can use to visualize witness metrics. That's one big reason I was the first witness to adopt wackou's bts_tools.

More details on missed blocks and deviation from median price feed might be a good start. I would also like to see info for all witnesses in one place, and with sortable columns like the BitShares 0.9.x era block explorer that @svk built. Also links to each witness' "campaign" forum post or status reports, seed nodes and backup servers run by the witness or other info such as tools created, approach to feeds (algorithms or feed scripts used such as xeroc's, alts, wackou's etc).

Some way to characterize participation on the testnet might also be good, could start with a simple yes they did no they didn't, but more meaningful metrics would be even better.

Frequency and quality / depth of witness reports would be a quantifiable metric, tho to do that right a measurement standard or report template would help to normalize what the reports should / could contain. One example might be witness identity, real world ID or anonymous.

It was suggested that witnesses might be "bonded" with some type of collateral scheme, but IMO this specific point needs more discussion. How would that be done? What amount makes sense? How does that help the security of the DEX? Can the witness use the bond or is it locked, and if so who controls the locking? If not locked (some type of multisig?) perhaps contributions to a common pool for bonds, a witness bond fund, which might could be used as a legal defense fund. Some some ideas I recall have been mentioned before.

Not sure how best to display decentralization, both geographically as well as by hosting providers, but that's important to consider IMO.

Number of forum posts or activities in social media, active in telegram or Friday mumble etc might be useful to gauge community participation.

It would be great if we could come up with a "reputation formula" that aggregates all of the quantifiable metrics into a singe score, and have that plotted over time.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2017, 01:58:07 pm by Thom »
Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere - MLK |  Verbaltech2 Witness Reports: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,23902.0.html

Offline R

• View Profile
Very nice charts, what do you think about netdata for real-time Bitshares charts? https://github.com/firehol/netdata/

Offline tbone

• View Profile
  • BitShares: tbone2
Being able to see witness performance metrics is very useful, so I like the direction you're heading with this.  It would also be helpful to see some tabular data with sortable columns.  Like a table of missed blocks stats, perhaps with columns showing number of missed blocks in the last 1hr, 24hrs, 7d, 30d, 6m, 1y.  It would also be useful to chart moving averages of missed blocks per witness.

Like missed blocks, I think it would also be interesting to see similar representations for witness deviation from median price feed. 

Ultimately I think it would also be nice to collect and show stats on other performance metrics as NEM does for their supernode rewards program (link below).  But that's probably a much bigger undertaking.  Anyway, thanks for your work on this stuff.

https://supernodes.nem.io/history

Offline Permie

• BitShares is the mycelium of the financial-earth
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: krimduss
Graph everything!

Very nice man, thanks!

A graph to compare Witness' at a glance would be great :)
JonnyBitcoin votes for liquidity and simplicity. Make him your proxy?
BTSDEX.COM

Offline lafona

• View Profile
Hi everyone,

I have working on some interactive graphs for data pulled from the blockchain  and I was hoping to get some feedback from the community.

First, do you think these types of graphs could be useful? They are not quite as real time as a block explorer(updated daily or maybe hourly), but I think they could be useful for specific datasets 

Second, are there specific topics which you would like to see displayed? One of my thoughts was to graph different witness performance metrics as that has been a recent topic of discussion, but if there were other topics more beneficial for new users, that might be better to focus on.

Any comments or questions are appreciated. Thanks

link: Feed_History

link:stresstest