Author Topic: Recent hacking by doris-payne  (Read 10932 times)

Offline Dochas

• View Profile
Compumatrix1 KNEW way ahead of time  that  there were very un-savvy members who would no doubt LOSE their bin files and their passwords and therefore LOSE their assets. He had them add the permissions so that he would have a way of sending the lost assets to a new account they set up, which of course HAPPENED MANY times and he INDEED sent their assets to the NEW account they made. ....they would have just LOST them if it weren't for him doing that to protect them from themselves....Henry is NO thief and anyone with half a brain would know that!!  THIS hacker, doris-payne, found a crack in the system VIA those permissions and took advantage of it.  That is IT in a nutshell.

HOW would he know this would happen??  can you look up a cow's ass and guess the price of butter in China???  if you can you need to get yourself a new career wearing a turban!!

IT is just pitiful the accusations that some are throwing in here...and it's damn sad that our group has never been made to feel welcome or wanted from the beginning here...

I HOPE there is as much time and energy spent on fixing the obvious fault in the system as there is pointing fingers!! 
« Last Edit: April 30, 2017, 02:43:43 am by Dochas »

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Well, its not the exchange that was hacked, but compumatrix' user base .. clearly their fault .. not the techs fault

Offline yvv

• View Profile
This is amazing. People are being scamed by giving away their private keys to a scammer by their good will. And after this we advertise the DEX as being more secure than those evil centralized exchanges, banks etc...

Offline goldeagle

• View Profile
how do you register via compumatrix? do they offer their own wallet (would explain everything), or do they forward to openledger?
Hi, Thanks to you all for your information and guidance. Members of compumatrix login to bitshares via a link in their own site. I believe there is a backdoor that has been accessed by doris-payne. To this end compumatrix members have been asked to remove permissions for compumatrix1.
Not sure if this will fix the problem, but it is being worked on. Another 4 accounts have been hacked.
Appreciate you guys  advising.
Regards
Rick

Offline alt

• View Profile
  • BitShares: baozi
I remember saw a post from forum,
to active the account, the CNI member need to change active key, set compumatrix1 as their auth account, sent some COMPUSEEDS & BTS to compumatrix1.
you need to know if you add compumatrix1 as your active auth account, he can control all your funds. now you just need to remove it if you want to make your account safe.

Offline roelandp

• Witness, dad, kitesurfer, event organiser
    • View Profile
    • RoelandP.nl
  • BitShares: roelandp
  • GitHub: roelandp
how do you register via compumatrix? do they offer their own wallet (would explain everything), or do they forward to openledger?

Here is a reg I did through https://computermatrix.co ->
http://cryptofresh.com/u/test-reg-via-compumatrix-co

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav
yes, https://     compumatrix.co

then it's pretty clear. they have basically access to every account created through their interface.

I hope @ccedk blacklists them from their faucet ASAP.

Offline btswolf

yes, https://     compumatrix.co

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
experts, is there a way for a compromised lifetime member to change their signing keys..or anyone else to change them?

From xeroc:  He needs the owner key .. if he has that .. he can import it into the wallet and change the active and owner key .. paperwallet.bitshares.eu may be helpful
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
compumatrix1 blacklisted doris-payne

Offline svk

TLDR of alt's comment: Remove compumatrix1 from your account auths if you have it..
Worker: dev.bitsharesblocks

Offline renkcub

• View Profile
Trying desktop wallet and can't make sense of it. Guide anywhere?

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
How many have been hacked?

How do we secure ourselves?

use the desktop wallet.