Author Topic: Multi-Signature Account Transactoin Fee 24BTS/Tx  (Read 2196 times)

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav
Your right, is there a cheaper way to do multi-sig function (link)?  Plus, I guess with LTM accounts the fees are much less so all in all not a huge deal.  Thanks for the response.

exactly, you'll get 80% back as LTM

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
You can sign transaction with different account keys off chain and broadcast it when ready .. this method has the drawback that you only have up to 2days time to collect all signatures

Offline mranderson

Your right, is there a cheaper way to do multi-sig function (link)?  Plus, I guess with LTM accounts the fees are much less so all in all not a huge deal.  Thanks for the response.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
You are not paying that fee for "doing multisig" .. but for using the "proposal system" that makes dealing with multisig easier. It's an advanced service offered by the blockchain and as such asks for a slightly higher fee.
Keep in mind that the committee is currently in the work of redoing/updating the fee structure and we will see that executed in a few days

Offline mranderson

anonymous photo sharing

I won't be doing a lot of transactions with a multisig account, but the fees are kind of high.  Especially when you consider the amount of effort it takes someone to learn how to run a BTS multisig account safely.

Can we get them lower?