Author Topic: Committee Proposal: Network Fee Adjustment  (Read 4494 times)

Offline Bhuz

• Committee member
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: bhuz
Honestly, If I were a committee member, I would reject this proposal :D Because too many kinds of fees are changed at the same time and it seems the discussion is not widely  carried out.
I don't think it's right to say that "too many kinds of fees are changed at the same time".

A fee-schedule was discussed for quite some time last year, when community input was requested. This proposal only follow that proposed and agreed fee-schedule...
So there is actually only one change: all fees get halved-ish to reflect their old USD values.

If community thinks we should use different USD values or just keep the fees as they are now, this can and should be pointed out now in this post, possibly before the proposal gets approval

Inviato dal mio Nexus 5X utilizzando Tapatalk

Offline abit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
    • Abit's Hive Blog
  • BitShares: abit
  • GitHub: abitmore
Honestly, If I were a committee member, I would reject this proposal :D Because too many kinds of fees are changed at the same time and it seems the discussion is not widely  carried out.
It's based on result of earlier discussions..

I'd appreciate if you make yourself a committee member, also shout to @Yao: DO IT!
BitShares committee member: abit
BitShares witness: in.abit

Offline ripplexiaoshan

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: jademont
BTS committee member:jademont

Offline abit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
    • Abit's Hive Blog
I think fees should reflect a reasonable amount in USD but since fees are paid in volatile BTS the fees should be rounded up or down.
We cannot say fee x costs 0.25 cents and y costs $1 because that is only true in the moment the fees were adjusted.
No, I don't think fees should be adjusted automatically, I believe the committee is responsible to that manually from time to time and when necessary.

We cannot publish information like fee x is $z because that fluctuates.
Conclusion: We need fees that represent a reasonable amount but in simple BTS numbers.
i.e.
"asset_issue[14]": {
        "fee": "2.64 BTS",
        "price_per_kbyte": "1.468 BTS"
        "fee": "1.306 BTS",
        "price_per_kbyte": "0.726 BTS"
}
that are totally unusable numbers.
make it 1 or 2 or 1.5 but not 1.306

If someone does a transaction he needs simple numbers in BTS to calculate!
We've been with numbers like "1.306 BTS" for one year. I didn't see complaints about that. IMHO it's a quite minor issue.
Actually I think the fees are already rounded (to 3~4 digits).

Offline btswolf

I think fees should reflect a reasonable amount in USD but since fees are paid in volatile BTS the fees should be rounded up or down.
We cannot say fee x costs 0.25 cents and y costs $1 because that is only true in the moment the fees were adjusted.
No, I don't think fees should be adjusted automatically, I believe the committee is responsible to that manually from time to time and when necessary.

We cannot publish information like fee x is $z because that fluctuates.
Conclusion: We need fees that represent a reasonable amount but in simple BTS numbers.
i.e.
"asset_issue[14]": {
        "fee": "2.64 BTS",
        "price_per_kbyte": "1.468 BTS"
        "fee": "1.306 BTS",
        "price_per_kbyte": "0.726 BTS"
}
that are totally unusable numbers.
make it 1 or 2 or 1.5 but not 1.306

If someone does a transaction he needs simple numbers in BTS to calculate!

Offline Yao

• View Profile
  • BitShares: yao
  • GitHub: imYao
Over the past year or so, I conducted a variety of exploration on the BitShares 2.0, I am not a programmer, I don't have a say in the code, but as a user, I tried all kinds of operations I can, and based on these experiences I write some tutorial for newbie of Chinese community.

Such as:
  • Explain the relationship between the Max supply, the current supply, the reserve pool of BTS tokens, and the wages of witness and worker proposal.
  • WHY&HOW to vote for witnesses, committee members, worker proposals.
  • How to set up proxy voting.
  • Popularly explain the Financial Smart-contracts of BitShares 2.0: Margin call & Force settlement and why&how Smartcoins could to be a MPA(Market Pegged Asset)
  • Membership of BitShares 2.0: how&why to be a LTM(Lifetime Member) and how to earn returns by referral registration.
  • Popularly explain the relationship between Wallet, Public-key and Private-key, as well as the Permissions of BTS account and how to apply Multi-Signature escrow funds.
  • How to do bot-trading with BTSBots, I run yao-bot with BTSBots.com
As an experienced user,
About the Fee Schedule, I have some views.

BitShares 2.0 blockchain provides a wide variety of operations for the users, in my opinion, they can generally be divided into 2 categories:
  • High Frequency Operations:
    - Some are for ordinary users, such as transfer(&memo), place/cancel order, update margin, account blacklist/whitelist and so on.
    - Some are for advanced users, such as creat/update proposal, publish feed, asset settlement, global asset settlement, update asset, reserve asset, override transfer, transfer account, upgrade account and so on.

• System Scarce Resource related operations:
    Creat Acccount(especially Premium Names)
    Creat Asset(especially 3/4 Characters)
In order to improve user activity(transfer, trading, manage assets and doing business), encourage third parties to build applications based on BitShares 2.0 blockchain, we should measure the High Frequency Operation fee by Fiat (USD/CNY/...), if the fee is dynamically adjusted with the change of BTS price will be the best choice.

System Scarce Resource related operations fee should be measured by BTS amount, adjust if necessary.

在最近这一年左右的时间里,我对 BitShares 2.0 进行了一系列的探索,我不是程序员,所以在代码层面没有发言权,但作为一个用户,我尝试了我可以玩的各种操作,基于这些探索的经验我写了一系列面向中文社区新手的教程。比如:
  • 解释 BTS 最大总量、当前流通量、储备资金池、见证人和 worker 的工资之间的关系
  • 为什么要参与投票,如何投票给见证人、理事会成员、Worker 提案
  • 如何设置投票代理
  • 通俗解释比特股 2.0 的金融智能合约——强制平仓和强制清算,为什么智能货币可以通过市场锚定,如何锚定
  • BitShares 2.0 的会员体系:为什么以及如何成为终身会员,如何通过引荐注册获得系统返现
  • 通俗解释钱包、公钥、私钥之间的关系,介绍 BTS 账户的权限结构以及如何应用多重签名来托管资产
  • ……
  • BTSBots——比特股内盘做市机器人开放使用教程,我运行的其中一个机器人是 yao-bot
作为一个经验丰富的用户,关于系统的手续费费率表,我有如下观点:

BitShares 2.0 区块链为用户提供了各种各样的操作,在我看来,她们大体上可以划分为两类:

• 高频操作:
    - 有些是普通用户经常会用到的,比如 转账(以及通过转账 memo 来传递信息)、挂单撤单、调整抵押仓、账户白名单/黑名单、……等等。
    - 有些是进阶用户常用的,比如 创建提案/更新提案、发布喂价、发起清算、资产全局清算、更新资产、销毁资产、优先覆盖转账、转让账号、升级账号(购买会员)、……等等。
  • 系统稀缺资源相关的操作:
    创建账号(特别是高级账号)
    创建资产(特别是 3字母、4 字母资产)

• 为了提高用户活跃度(转账、交易、管理资产、开展业务),鼓励第三方基于 BitShares 2.0 区块链来构建应用,我们应该以法币(CNY、USD、……)尺度来衡量 高频操作的手续费,如果能随着 BTS 价格动态调整那就再好不过了。

对于系统稀缺资源相关操作的手续费应该以 BTS 数量来计价,必要时再调整。
« Last Edit: May 01, 2017, 10:55:02 am by Yao »

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav

Offline abit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
    • Abit's Hive Blog
The committee is voting on a fee adjustment proposal: https://cryptofresh.com/p/1.10.1899

All fees are proposed to be reduced by around 50%.

//Edit:
It's based on the idea of USD-Denominated fee schedule which was discussed in this thread: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=21368.0
« Last Edit: May 01, 2017, 06:50:44 am by abit »