Author Topic: BlockPay in Serious Trouble  (Read 47188 times)

Offline Thom

Once Ken and I solved our internal issues I kindly request to stop further speculation. I am for full transparency at the right time and I am planning to release a full report ala Erik from Shapeshift about our case. I loved to read Erik´s story and to get a better overview what happened.

I will have more updates for all of you within the next days. Thank you for your support.
Are you saying you have resolved the issue between yourselves already?
As in present tense?

If so, great :)

I have no personal complaints about Chris, just that the consensus seemed to be steering against Ken and I wanted to voice my support.

Definitely not resolved! I suspect his words were chosen very carefully, being the son of an attorney. What does that tell you?
Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere - MLK |  Verbaltech2 Witness Reports: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,23902.0.html

Offline Permie

• BitShares is the mycelium of the financial-earth
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: krimduss
Once Ken and I solved our internal issues I kindly request to stop further speculation. I am for full transparency at the right time and I am planning to release a full report ala Erik from Shapeshift about our case. I loved to read Erik´s story and to get a better overview what happened.

I will have more updates for all of you within the next days. Thank you for your support.
Are you saying you have resolved the issue between yourselves already?
As in present tense?

If so, great :)

I have no personal complaints about Chris, just that the consensus seemed to be steering against Ken and I wanted to voice my support.
JonnyBitcoin votes for liquidity and simplicity. Make him your proxy?
BTSDEX.COM

Offline Chris4210

• Keep Building!
    • View Profile
    • www.payger.com
  • BitShares: chris4210
Vote Chris4210 for Committee Member http://bit.ly/1WKC03B! | www.Payger.com - Payments + Messenger | www.BitShareshub.io - Community based fanpage for the BitShares Blockchain

Offline Chris4210

• Keep Building!
    • View Profile
    • www.payger.com
  • BitShares: chris4210
I have also listened to mumble.
What bothers me is that neither side provided story in full detail. So we could only speculate.
From what I understood , Chris and Xeroc discovered something troublesome, not willing to reveal at the moment. They are trying to fix that, Ken is opposing. Ken is also secretive, not exposing details. He complains about blocking his salary. They are negotiating. 

I would also be on Ken's side if Xeroc wasn't involved. Since he is I believe there is something more on that. Our forum member Chronos
ones reminded me about Ken's past. I doesn't have to mean anything, only that we should be cautious when rationalizing current situation.

Let's be patient. They cant hold the truth indefinitely.

Vote Chris4210 for Committee Member http://bit.ly/1WKC03B! | www.Payger.com - Payments + Messenger | www.BitShareshub.io - Community based fanpage for the BitShares Blockchain

Offline Thom

KEN FOR PRESIDENT!!

I want people who share Ken's ideals and work ethic to be front and center in BitShares development.
My only faith in Chris4210 stems from the fact that Ken agreed to work with him in the first place...

There is a possibility that Ken is in the wrong here, and I reserve the right to withdraw my support for him, but I would hate to see a pro-freedom community such a BitShares cannibalize their own

Xeroc is a top bloke so his involvement in this situation eases things for me a little

I tend to agree. Just keep in mind NOBODY is beyond being influenced, it's just a matter of price. Some will even go to their grave despite an offer of unlimited wealth, or to protect those they love. It only indicates the "price" (i.e. benefit as seen by the person) was not right.

So until we have all the facts I can't explain why xeroc is backing Chris4210 in this, aside from the facts that they are both German and that xeroc & ken don't get along too well.

« Last Edit: May 11, 2017, 11:01:27 pm by Thom »
Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere - MLK |  Verbaltech2 Witness Reports: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,23902.0.html

Offline Permie

• BitShares is the mycelium of the financial-earth
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: krimduss

KEN FOR PRESIDENT!!

I want people who share Ken's ideals and work ethic to be front and center in BitShares development.
My only faith in Chris4210 stems from the fact that Ken agreed to work with him in the first place...

There is a possibility that Ken is in the wrong here, and I reserve the right to withdraw my support for him, but I would hate to see a pro-freedom community such a BitShares cannibalize their own

Xeroc is a top bloke so his involvement in this situation eases things for me a little
JonnyBitcoin votes for liquidity and simplicity. Make him your proxy?
BTSDEX.COM

Offline Thom

Offline nmywn

• View Profile

Offline karnal

• View Profile
Such a shame that once again, for outside reasons, stealth ends up being delayed.

Bitshares, then, continues to be a tool of mass surveillance rather than the beacon of liberty it has the potential to be.

Offline Geneko

• View Profile
I have also listened to mumble.
What bothers me is that neither side provided story in full detail. So we could only speculate.
From what I understood , Chris and Xeroc discovered something troublesome, not willing to reveal at the moment. They are trying to fix that, Ken is opposing. Ken is also secretive, not exposing details. He complains about blocking his salary. They are negotiating. 

I would also be on Ken's side if Xeroc wasn't involved. Since he is I believe there is something more on that. Our forum member Chronos
ones reminded me about Ken's past. I doesn't have to mean anything, only that we should be cautious when rationalizing current situation.

Let's be patient. They cant hold the truth indefinitely.

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav
So after listening to the latest mumble... It sounds like the Blockpay token will either be exchanged or redefined.  Chris said it was mainly going to be for branding reasons, but the real reason sounds like it is to remove Ken from the equation.  How that is done seems to be up in there air still though.

There were several vague terms like "mess" thrown around, but the subject was danced around.  Also it sounds like Ken has still not been paid, which makes me think Stealth has been delayed.  This topic was also danced around.

Overall there is a lot of uncertainty brewing.  Changing the rules of the Blockpay token is worrisome.  The effort to cut out Ken seems like it will be very detrimental to the entire project.  Not only will there be legal battles (which i'm sure will be paid for from the funds that were raised from investors), but any progress on any of the projects will likely come to a standstill in Ken's absence.  Thom and JoeyD? seemed to do a good job asking some pointed questions, but the answer's were very vague and eventually the conversation digressed.

That was a very good review of the topic on mumble @lil_jay890. Xeroc also chimed in and provided a perspective this might work out better for everyone, but I don't see it that way. From my perspective this is a hostile take over and I believe it was motivated by an outside party who is throwing money at a few individuals to make this happen. Who / whatever that source is needs to be exposed and scrutinized, brought out into the light. If the community were given the choice to continue under kencode's management or bring in others what choice do you think shareholders would make? One of the most important criteria should be who could finish Stealth first? It was not that long ago ken was saying Stealth would be ready for testing on the testnet. Unfortunately this power play has derailed that timing.

This community is comprised of people on a spectrum of different political and social perspectives. The core people that had the vision for this ecosystem were mostly oriented towards a volunteerist / anachist mindset, and I know @kenCode is as well. My impression is that Chris4210 leans more towards a statist perspective and still trusts in the benevolence of government much more than kencode does. If I'm right about this I'll bet whatever outside source is pulling the strings is not aligned with a volunteerist / disruptive mindset.

For any of you naive enough to think that the banksters won't aggressively work to prevent loosing their monopoly on money have another thing yet to learn. Once they truly recognize the disruptive threat is real they will identify who they can, the weakest and easiest to manipulate or influence, and target them to neutralize them. It may not be obvious who is behind such neutralization tactics but at some point they will use the power they still have (and that is still huge) to try to retain their monopolistic control.

easiest way would be for ken to just do a crowdfund for stealth / smartcoin wallet fork with 2-3 devs and further graphene dev. in my opinion.

Offline Thom

So after listening to the latest mumble... It sounds like the Blockpay token will either be exchanged or redefined.  Chris said it was mainly going to be for branding reasons, but the real reason sounds like it is to remove Ken from the equation.  How that is done seems to be up in there air still though.

There were several vague terms like "mess" thrown around, but the subject was danced around.  Also it sounds like Ken has still not been paid, which makes me think Stealth has been delayed.  This topic was also danced around.

Overall there is a lot of uncertainty brewing.  Changing the rules of the Blockpay token is worrisome.  The effort to cut out Ken seems like it will be very detrimental to the entire project.  Not only will there be legal battles (which i'm sure will be paid for from the funds that were raised from investors), but any progress on any of the projects will likely come to a standstill in Ken's absence.  Thom and JoeyD? seemed to do a good job asking some pointed questions, but the answer's were very vague and eventually the conversation digressed.

That was a very good review of the topic on mumble @lil_jay890. Xeroc also chimed in and provided a perspective this might work out better for everyone, but I don't see it that way. From my perspective this is a hostile take over and I believe it was motivated by an outside party who is throwing money at a few individuals to make this happen. Who / whatever that source is needs to be exposed and scrutinized, brought out into the light. If the community were given the choice to continue under kencode's management or bring in others what choice do you think shareholders would make? One of the most important criteria should be who could finish Stealth first? It was not that long ago ken was saying Stealth would be ready for testing on the testnet. Unfortunately this power play has derailed that timing.

This community is comprised of people on a spectrum of different political and social perspectives. The core people that had the vision for this ecosystem were mostly oriented towards a volunteerist / anachist mindset, and I know @kenCode is as well. My impression is that Chris4210 leans more towards a statist perspective and still trusts in the benevolence of government much more than kencode does. If I'm right about this I'll bet whatever outside source is pulling the strings is not aligned with a volunteerist / disruptive mindset.

For any of you naive enough to think that the banksters won't aggressively work to prevent loosing their monopoly on money have another thing yet to learn. Once they truly recognize the disruptive threat is real they will identify who they can, the weakest and easiest to manipulate or influence, and target them to neutralize them. It may not be obvious who is behind such neutralization tactics but at some point they will use the power they still have (and that is still huge) to try to retain their monopolistic control. 

Offline lil_jay890

• View Profile

Offline Thom

Yeah, just goes to show we're not getting the whole story.

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav
I don't get it. If Ken publishes his stuff under MIT, what kind of IP transfer agreement is needed beyond that?

Would make sense if devs contribute code to private repos and they later claim that their code was used without consent. Unclear if this is the case though, one dev said he contributed to the open MIT based repo.

This is very strange