Author Topic: Recovering protoshares.dat -> bitshares  (Read 3533 times)

Offline svk

I also helped a user recover PTS balances yesterday, the trick was to first create a Bitshares account since PTS keys don't belong to any account.
Worker: dev.bitsharesblocks

Offline bitcoinnoisseur

• View Profile
PROBLEM SOLVED

fluxer555 and I worked yesterday and today to recover all my BTS plus some extra I was unaware of. He was relentless in his pursuit to solve all the problems I had and there were many. If anyone has any problems with moving their BTS from old outdated wallets to 2.0 then fluxer555 is your man. He is super knowledgeable and super easy to work with. I chose to compensate him very well for all the great work he did. It was well worth it.

Offline bitcoinnoisseur

• View Profile
Can someone please help. I have posted in https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,24064.0/all.html

I successfully exported the keys.json file but I can't import the keys.json file into 2.0. It's supposed to work as per the Migration.

Offline jwalker99

• View Profile
wow, what a mess! How can we find out what versino our previous backups were? I just have wallet.dat files, I believe they were bitshares 1.0, but how can I be sure? I have tons and tons of wallet.dats from protoshares I will have to check... each one seems like coding an operating system from scratch.

Offline bitcoinnoisseur

• View Profile
I don't grasp that Migration either. All I have is a wallet.dat file from Bitshares-PTS. I don't know how to import it into Bitshares 2.0.

Offline jwalker99

• View Profile
I have the bitshares latest client now, I do not have any similar options to this and the guide does not say anything but this :

You can import your corresponding private keys into BitShares 2.0 directly to claim your funds. Note that, since the web wallet cannot parse your wallet.dat file, you may be required to manually dump your private keys. with a 3rd party tool. If you feel not comfortable with this, we recommend you import your wallet.dat file into the BitShares 1.0 client and export a graphene-compatible wallet file that can be imported in the BitShares 2.0 web wallet.

I do not know what the recommend 3rd party tools are, or what a graphene-compatible wallet is. This is overly complicated for an old user, the importation should be simplified and clear, not impossible without trusting unknown parties.

Offline jwalker99

• View Profile
I have looked for a long time on Google and have not found any results, I have invested in protoshares in 2013 and I have not touched it since, how can I get back up to date, restore my wallets, and use bitshares?