Author Topic: Help porting from desktop to online wallet  (Read 2361 times)

Offline svk

Bitshares.org/wallet and the light client are identical, so your experience of how fast it is just depends on the API node you're connected to.
Worker: dev.bitsharesblocks

Offline nmywn

• View Profile
https://bitshares.openledger.info/existing-account Just import your backup here.
Or here: https://bitshares.org/wallet/#/existing-account
 ( I guess you're using "wallet model" [backup with password])

You can use Desktop client and web client simultaneously. Desktop is faster for me, and safer!

Offline wdfh

• View Profile
*UPDATE*... so I started turning off all the firewalls, then tried fiddling with the clock settings (which were correct), I turned them all off then back on and my desktop account connected.

All is now well, but that gave me a fright! What is the general view on desktop versus online wallet? I would still like to be able to port my lifetime account name to an online wallet, is this possible?

Offline wdfh

• View Profile
Yes. Windows 10 is playing up and as of right now I cannot even load the desktop client, or the online wallet on my PC... says that Failed to sync with the API server.

I want to get away from a single device dependence and would prefer to manage my coins online in the cloud with a complex password/username pair

Offline fluxer555

• View Profile
Do you have a good reason for wanting to move from the desktop wallet to the web-based wallet?

Offline wdfh

• View Profile
Hi Guys,

Lifetime Bitshares member here with a fairly significant stake (to me) in Bitshares... I've been around for several years, but rarely post although I am actively following progress.

Basically I want to transfer my holdings to an online wallet as I'm over Windows 10. But I want to keep my lifetime member account which I had to pay a fair bit to set up. The account name appears when I go to open ledger online, but the password does not work when I try to login with the online wallet, which makes sense I guess as I have never registered an online wallet.

My question is do I have a work around here? I want to have what I have on my PC in the same account online, so I can login from anywhere and manage. I also note that I cannot use my existing name to register in the online wallet as it is a "premium name" and the faucet requires a dash etc.

After not logging in to my desktop client for several months I have found I'm getting the whole cannot connect to API thing going on which is a huge pain and the primary reason I want to move to the cloud and away from the desktop for ease of use.

Any advice greatly appreciated.
K