Author Topic: Membership Fees  (Read 4577 times)

Offline soldate

• View Profile
In bitshares doc we can see something about 100 USD to become a lifetime member, but in fact this value is around 240 USD. Why lifetime member fee is not set to 100 USD?

We have to wait for committee set to 100 USD? This should be automatic!

Offline btswolf

Still waiting on price to adjust.  I'm trying to set up lifetime membership and create a token.  Right now all fees are crazy high including just transfers.  Without the low fees what advantages does this exchange have over others...?

here are SOME of the advantages
no account freezes
configurable
counterparty risk free
transparent
high speed
shareholder friendly
stablecoins
smartcoins
User issued Assets
decentralized
black- and whitelisting
multi-signature
I could go on and on.

But yeah it is not perfect and maybe not the cheapest in every aspect.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2017, 09:24:20 am by btswolf »

Offline JoeyD

So, in your opinion what should the fees be? For LM and creating assets?

Maybe it would be nice to have them denoted in something like bitusd. For new users the lifetime-membership might be a little steep at the moment. Having them tracked to bitusd might alleviate the problem during price swings.

Offline yvv

• View Profile
I wish there was some in DEX notification system for such events like fee schedule change.

Offline sahkan

• View Profile
    • BitShares DEX
So, in your opinion what should the fees be? For LM and creating assets?
« Last Edit: May 26, 2017, 02:49:40 am by sahkan »

Offline JoeyD

Still waiting on price to adjust.  I'm trying to set up lifetime membership and create a token.  Right now all fees are crazy high including just transfers.  Without the low fees what advantages does this exchange have over others...?

Well this is also kinda a problem of luxury that was not anticipated. Never in their wildest dreams did the progenitors of bitshares anticipate such a rapid price increase, that the fee adjustment could not keep up.  :P

On a more serious note, I feel ya. I did appreciate the trolling by the wallet though with it stating that it costs merely 8K bts to upgrade to lifetime membership. Whish I actually bothered to do the math before I clicked it though. :'( Another expensive impulse buy.

Offline virtualgrowth

Thank you for your time and reply xeroc.  Look forward to when the fee may be better adjusted so it doesn't cost me so much to give away assets / tokens.
iWkjpAW7TLIHr0vO

Offline 3beanzz

• @beanz on steemit.com
    • View Profile
    • V.O.T.U. Studios
  • BitShares: BEANZ-3NA

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Personally, I would wait for the impact of Consensus and afterwards adjust the fees

Not sure I understand what this means ...  How regularly are fees adjusted ...  Doesn't seem great to have such inactive users in positions of responsibility ...
Bitshares' committee can adjust fees. They did so a few weeks ago and will need to do so again shortly .. (assuming price does correct) ..
Most committee members are very active and react quite quickly on proposals and discussion.

Changing the fee schedule is a two edge sword because it depends ob the BTS price (e.g. in USD) .. and usually hangs a few days behind actual trading price .. in short, fees are volatile but can be adjusted in general

Offline 3beanzz

• @beanz on steemit.com
    • View Profile
    • V.O.T.U. Studios
Personally, I would wait for the impact of Consensus and afterwards adjust the fees

Not sure I understand what this means ...  How regularly are fees adjusted ...  Doesn't seem great to have such inactive users in positions of responsibility ...

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Fees are adjusted whenever the committee agrees to adjust them .. If it continues like this, i expect that the committee needs to adjust again real soon.

Offline 3beanzz

• @beanz on steemit.com
    • View Profile
    • V.O.T.U. Studios
Just curious about how the fees for creating tokens and for upgrading membership are readjusted.  How many BTS should I be paying for lifetime membership now that the price is 7c?