Author Topic: How do I prove I sent open.btc to openledger and never received the bitcoins?  (Read 1734 times)

Offline Seamus

Problem solved.  Thanks for your time, and thanks to openledger support.

Offline Permie

• BitShares is the mycelium of the financial-earth
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: krimduss
Did you provide a bitcoin address to OpenLedger?
Are you saying that this information is encrypted?

If it's not encrypted then a look at this bitcoin address on a blockchain exlporer would tell anyone who wanted to know whether or not it received a 5btc incoming transaction, after the exact time you initiated the transaction by moving OPEN.btc on the BitShares exchange.
You may also need to prove that you own that bitcoin public address by "signing a message". Proof that you control the bitcoin address without needing to send funds to anyone

The bitcoin blockchain has been under quite a heavy load recently. Long waiting times for confirmations. Maybe yours is waiting in a very long line?
Exchanges are also likely to be paying the "standard" tx-fee, while many impatient other parties are paying high-fees to be included into the block, to jump the queue
JonnyBitcoin votes for liquidity and simplicity. Make him your proxy?
BTSDEX.COM

Offline Seamus

In block #16685054 I sent 5 open.btc to openledger-wallet.

I never received the 5 bitcoins.

How do I prove that I never received the bitcoins?  The memo is encrypted for everyone but me, a screenshot can be easily doctored.

No, I am not accusing openledger of ripping me off.  As much as I would have liked to have received my bitcoins in a timely fashion, I am sure it was just a glitch that will be corrected, if and when somebody shows up for work at support@openledger.info.  Either way though, I would like to know how to definitively prove my case.

Thanks.