Author Topic: TOTAL SUPPLY AND INFLATION RATE OF BTS  (Read 3628 times)

Offline Geneko

• View Profile
When i say "inflation rate", i want to mean, how many new BTS added to the circulating supply every year?
Thanks

It is like asking what is "inflation rate" for Bitcoin. It is 12.5 per new block. Only there hard cap is 21mil. which mean only that amount would ever be in existence.
Related to that BTS inflation rate is, 1 BTS per new block, according to newest commity consensus. Hard cap is 3.6bilion.
Current supply of BTS is 2.6bilion.

During how many years?
Thanks

Current supply is 2.6 billion and 1 billion in reserve fund. Reserve fund act as buffer pool that collect fees from the network transactions and pays for workers and block producers. How many years depends of how fast reserve fund is draining. In theory as many as needed to reach 3.6bilion.
Rate of spending from reserve pool is variable and depends on block reward, number of witnesses (block producers) and approved workers that serve for future project development. Every one of that is decided by stake holders through voting. Elected commity, worker proposes, stake holders approve or deny.
Long story short with current rate of spending, according to my estimations hard cup could be reached in 50 years.

Here you can find chart that tracks level of spending form reserve pool, pls check
Profit/Expenses from the Bitshares Reserve Pool:
https://steemit.com/bitshares/@steempower/bitshares-state-of-the-network-23rd-may-2017

Here you are, hope this could help ;)

« Last Edit: May 30, 2017, 06:57:40 pm by Geneko »

Offline Brekyrself

• View Profile
To expand upon Xeroc's post about the reserve fund, see: http://cryptofresh.com/reserve

Offline Joan Carles

• View Profile
When i say "inflation rate", i want to mean, how many new BTS added to the circulating supply every year? During how many years?
Thanks

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
total supply is 3.6B BTS
"inflation rate" is 0.000%

there is a reserve fund that can be used for development *AFTER* shareholder approval

Offline lermontov

• View Profile
Yes, this is a very important question.

Offline Joan Carles

• View Profile
Hello.
I would know what is the TOTAL supply of BTS. I read in Coinmerketcap.com that circulating supply is 2,602,090,000 BTS. There is not information about the total supply and the INFLATION rate of this currency. For investors, is important to work with this information.
Please, I'll be awaiting for your answers.