Author Topic: This is Big - New Game company focusing on promoting BitShares and Steemit  (Read 16791 times)

Offline nomoreheroes7

• King of all the land
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: nomoreheroes7
...the day when BitShares get's all the bored customers of Poloniex ;-)

We even have a trollbox! Polo can't say that.  :P

Offline Prospector

• View Profile
...the day when BitShares get's all the bored customers of Poloniex ;-)

Offline nomoreheroes7

• King of all the land
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: nomoreheroes7
No one should be banned for their opinion, obviously, but come on Samupaha -- let's see what Stan has in store and get the whole story before we jump to such conclusions here.

chryspano

This is interesting, let's see what Samupaha had to say in March 2015:

so only way to go forward is through trial and error. It is always easy to say afterwards that "we should have done things differently" but at the time of making those decisions, it's impossible to know what is the optimal way.

I'm actually quite impressed how well the developers have handled difficult decisions. Of course it will always give some distress to investors when plans are changed on the fly, but in the long run it is propably the only way to make sure that the end product will be great.

Let's see what Samupaha says June 2017:

Do those people deserve to lose their money who will buy into a scam because of you? Are you willing to admit that you were wrong and pay them back from your own pocket?

I really can't understand your thinking. You seem to be a nice guy but your business actions are confusing. I remember that you have claimed to be a devout christian. Is this just a conspiracy to make people poor so they can get to heaven
?

I suggest Samupaha has turned into a troll and a bully and should have his account suspended.  He's obviously trying to blame people for his own personal investment decisions and calling Stan's religious beliefs into question is crossing the line.  This should not be tolerated.

Footnote: Any investor that uses his private cryptokeys to transfer funds, the onus is on him, before he does that... Buyer beware, and do you own due diligence.  No one is responsible for the decisions you make but yourself when you invest in something. That's common sense.
+5% +5% +5% +5% +5%

Offline Samupaha

• View Profile
  • BitShares: samupaha
I suggest Samupaha has turned into a troll and a bully and should have his account suspended.  He's obviously trying to blame people for his own personal investment decisions and calling Stan's religious beliefs into question is crossing the line.  This should not be tolerated.

I'm not blaming anybody for my personal investments. So far I have successfully avoided all scam schemes. The reason why I warn other people is because it's the right thing to do. "Buyer beware" is good advice, but even better is to tell others when they should be especially beware. I don't care only about my money, I care about other people, too. I dislike to see other people scammed and deceived, that's why I try to warn them before it happens.

And the religious stuff? Well...

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav
-

which would be categorized as personal attacks, and unlike criticism on Ideas, I do not tolerate such behavior.

anyways, back to topic please, if you want, open a thread in Meta https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/board,15.0.html for discussing policies

Offline crypto4ever

• View Profile
no need to request bans here - we do not ban based on different opinions.

Oh great. So if I used my account to explain how much I think fav is a pedophile (which is a difference of opinion) that wouldn't be crossing the line?

Disclaimer: I do not think fav is a pedophile. I'm simply using an awful example of that at some point... to keep discussions on track and we not wildy attack one another in public, there has to be some sort of reasonable expectation of what is acceptable, and what isn't...

See, as long as two people are hashing things out in public.. on this forum, and there are no rules "for difference of opinion" it means anything goes, includes wild accusations, whether it be your religious beliefs, your skin color, your sexual preference (aka pedophilia) ...

Come on.. at some point, we need to put up certain boundaries and keep on topic and not cross lines..

TWO people holding their face to the fire over real issues is important. I agree. But let's not allow Stan's religious beliefs to be a topic of discussion.  He shouldn't have to explain that to us, or defend it. It's his own private and personal belief and has no bearing on what we're talking about...

Do I really need to point out the obvious? sigh...
« Last Edit: June 08, 2017, 09:39:09 am by crypto4ever »

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
no need to request bans here - we do not ban based on different opinions.

Offline crypto4ever

• View Profile
Allow me to make my footnote a little more readable:

Any investor that uses his private cryptokeys to transfer funds, the onus is on him, before he does that... Buyer beware, and do you own due diligence.  No one is responsible for the decisions you make but yourself when you invest in something. That's common sense.

He is not calling Stan's religious beliefs into question but making light hearted joke.
No censorship please we are not government  ;)

Light, hearted joke?  If Stan was Jamaican, and he made a light hearted joke about his blackness.... at what point does a "light hearted joke" cross the line?

The mere fact that he pulled Stan's christianity into the discussion, light hearted or not.. was wrong.

Up until now, yes, I agree, I was enjoying the banter and the forensic analysis of the offer from Matt Trainer..  But at some point, this became severely personal, and attack on Stan's character, his religion, and everyone was standing around watching this bloody fight. It's not right, and I refuse to watch the gore without saying something.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2017, 09:11:14 am by crypto4ever »

Offline vegolino

• Reality is Information
    • View Profile

so only way to go forward is through trial and error. It is always easy to say afterwards that "we should have done things differently" but at the time of making those decisions, it's impossible to know what is the optimal way.

I'm actually quite impressed how well the developers have handled difficult decisions. Of course it will always give some distress to investors when plans are changed on the fly, but in the long run it is propably the only way to make sure that the end product will be great.

Do those people deserve to lose their money who will buy into a scam because of you? Are you willing to admit that you were wrong and pay them back from your own pocket?

I really can't understand your thinking. You seem to be a nice guy but your business actions are confusing. I remember that you have claimed to be a devout christian. Is this just a conspiracy to make people poor so they can get to heaven
?

I for one am grateful to Samupaha for his questions and analysis. He is not calling Stan's religious beliefs into question but making light hearted joke.
No censorship please we are not government  ;)

Offline crypto4ever

• View Profile

?

Footnote: Any investor that uses his private cryptokeys to transfer funds, the onus is on him, before he does that... Buyer beware, and do you own due diligence.  No one is responsible for the decisions you make but yourself when you invest in something. That's common sense.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2017, 08:57:46 am by crypto4ever »

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
HERO in now the 4th largest smartcoin issued on the Bitshares network with 1053% increase this week; going from a market cap of $10,541 USD to $122,849 USD

the beauty of trustless, decentralized experiments is that its success is not bound to a single person or group.

Offline Samupaha

• View Profile
  • BitShares: samupaha
a talent-rich company that just trained 150 of the most successful internet marketers in the world on all the latest techniques in gameification and augmented reality and real time blockchain integration

If they are so talented and great, why did their launch fail miserably? If they really know what they are doing, why they decided to use very low quality marketing technique? If they had any experience from internet marketing, they should have foreseen how things will go in the internet if they try to do something like that.

earning several million dollars in one weekend.

Where did the money come from? Was it ethical business? Did they actually produce a real and valuable service for their customers?

a company that has all those marketers' and partners' passionate  support despite his hour-long confession of his past mistakes at the start of his epic Hollywood Event.

It's very common manipulation technique to talk about own mistakes to get other people's trust. Scammers are using it every day to deceive people.

a company capable of single handedly defeating some of the greatest celebrity teams in the world

What does this even mean?

and winning the Billion Dollar Prize in our upcoming Billion Hero Challenge - all on its own with its new technologies

They design the game themselves so they can win? Sounds exactly like scammers would do it.

a company that will have billions to support funding a Steemit competitor and making it more popular than Steemit in every way, attracting current Steem users away from the current toxic evil-whale environment with a multi-million dollar share drop on everyone who is not an evil whale, and leveraging all the traffic from people competing for our billion dollar prize

As you saw, Steemians don't like scammers. Now that the guy has lost his reputation, why would anybody follow him to a new platform?

a company that is perfectly capable of leveraging all that Billion Hero Challenge traffic to make Steemit vanish from Google SEO rankings completely

LOL, I highly doubt this.

But those living in glass houses who throw stones at other people's projects without taking time to understand them deserve whatever they get.

I really can't understand your thinking. You seem to be a nice guy but your business actions are confusing. I remember that you have claimed to be a devout christian. Is this just a conspiracy to make people poor so they can get to heaven?

Offline jckj

• View Profile
I believe in his team having worked with them for the past month.

Take the blue pill and believe whatever you want.

I wasn't trying to discredit anyone, I do realize that not everyone and everything works entirely in the public eye. However you also can't fault us for being a little cautious, bitshares has had it's share of broken promises and scammers. So much so in fact that I think I'm not alone in being completely unfamiliar with the recent uptick and having trouble adjusting.

Anyway, if the company is seeking public attention, then it might pay to do a little work on it's public image, like the website and such, or publishing some podcasts/vlogs. At the moment the only thing we can do is take your word on it Stan, but to use your reference, that's like seeing someone else taking the pill, not quite the same experience as being able to take the pill yourself.

Stan, how can keyhotee funder get bts.my keyhotee funder have't get any bts yet.

Offline killzone

• View Profile
I think it's a good sign that the communities are healthy when they openly question.

"The Only Thing Necessary for the Triumph of Evil is that Good Men Do Nothing"