Author Topic: Creating a DAO with Bitshares  (Read 3469 times)

Offline Ravid

• View Profile
Yeah, sorry, "if the community likes it" is a very important part I missed there. It will have to be approved by the stakeholders of course

Offline ngenko01

• View Profile
That's correct, there would be a GUI, and anyway some components on a centralized server. Votes can also be integrated on a centralized server, I was just wondering if it was already available in bitshares.
So yes, it sounds indeed feasible to register the votes of token holders directly on my side, but that would be ugly and centralized :(

Thanks to you Ravid and xeroc for your support.

Well, you said that people will vote on stuff related to your company. I am pretty sure the stuff to be voted on will not be shown in the Bitshares wallet as it has nothing to do with its network. So you'll need a centralized voting hub anyway and it will do the weighting and calculations.

On the other hand, if you are an established company with a budget, you could hire a developer that could implement the voting with your company token on Bitshares. Some kind of flag would have to be added to the workers/improvement proposals/your stuff so that Bitshares-related proposals wouldn't show at your hub and yours on ours.

Bitshares devs are pretty busy as they are, so you'll need to hire your own and get him working with our guys

Well, thanks for all these very helpful things.
Indeed, enhancing bitshares to propose such a mechanism would be, in my opinion, a great new feature for bitshares, and indeed, the best is about bringing new people to implement it.
I'm currently working on designing a project and gathering people for this project. Will consider assigning dev to that, if the community likes the idea.

Offline Ravid

• View Profile
That's correct, there would be a GUI, and anyway some components on a centralized server. Votes can also be integrated on a centralized server, I was just wondering if it was already available in bitshares.
So yes, it sounds indeed feasible to register the votes of token holders directly on my side, but that would be ugly and centralized :(

Well, you said that people will vote on stuff related to your company. I am pretty sure the stuff to be voted on will not be shown in the Bitshares wallet as it has nothing to do with its network. So you'll need a centralized voting hub anyway and it will do the weighting and calculations.

On the other hand, if you are an established company with a budget, you could hire a developer that could implement the voting with your company token on Bitshares. Some kind of flag would have to be added to the workers/improvement proposals/your stuff so that Bitshares-related proposals wouldn't show at your hub and yours on ours.

Bitshares devs are pretty busy as they are, so you'll need to hire your own and get him working with our guys

Offline ngenko01

• View Profile
Correct me if I'm wrong but I assume your DAO will have some kind of website or GUI or other framework outside of bitshares wallet. Why can't you just pull the data of a specific account from the blockchain about their holdings of your token and calculate the weight of their vote in the said framework?

Offline Ravid

• View Profile
Correct me if I'm wrong but I assume your DAO will have some kind of website or GUI or other framework outside of bitshares wallet. Why can't you just pull the data of a specific account from the blockchain about their holdings of your token and calculate the weight of their vote in the said framework?

Offline ngenko01

• View Profile
I thought FollowMyVote wanted to do exactly that with their stake-weighted "thing" .. don't know how that projects went/goes

Thanks for the reference. The project looks serious, Github available, very rich website, but indeed, looks like it hasn't been much forward since a year.
Hopefully, EOS will provide a way of creating voting framework to create DAOs :)

If anyone has any other ideas about voting mechanisms on top of a bitshares asset, please let me know.
Thanks.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
I thought FollowMyVote wanted to do exactly that with their stake-weighted "thing" .. don't know how that projects went/goes

Offline ngenko01

• View Profile
Hello,

In order to create a true decentralized autonomous organization, I would like the token holder of the organization to be able to vote on various topics.
Is there a way to associate votes with a token that I create on Bitshares?

Thanks for your support.