Author Topic: Balance can be seen in 0.9.3c and in Bitshares 2.0 - cannot access in 2.0  (Read 5811 times)

Offline bdnoble

• View Profile
    • Home Page
I finally figured it out!

So first I needed to create a new wallet/account with a new password. Then I needed to import the private brainkey for my old account. When I did this it mentioned having no funds left to claim (part of my confusion). At this point my account was added to the list of accounts but before I was able to send any transactions I needed to unlock the wallet using the password I created for the new wallet/account I created in the first step. Voila! access to my funds!

Thanks @svk and @Kobalt13!
:)

Offline svk

Yes either restore from a backup or create a new wallet and import your old private keys.
Worker: dev.bitsharesblocks

Offline benold1

• View Profile
  • BitShares: benold1
From what I can see you already claimed all your 47691 BTS that you had in the old chain a year ago. You also got some vesting balances from the merger, a total of 5 BTS of which you've claimed 4 and now need to claim the remaining 1 BTS. Just check the checkbox, select the account to claim to and voila.

Yeah, I think the problem is I can't get access to my old account benold1.  When I login to the bitshares2-light app, i have a new different account.  I've tried logging into benold1 with a password, but I either never set up a password for it or can't remember it.  I think I have my private keys so I'm hoping those will be enough to recover the account/wallet.

Offline bdnoble

• View Profile
    • Home Page
THANKS TO FLUXER555 I HAVE MY WALLET AND ACCOUNT BACK!

He helped me in exchange for a fee, and he was professional, kind, available, and knowledgeable.

Not sure if it will help anyone else, but my issue was not with my password, but it was with the wallet data itself. I never backed up the .bin file so that was gone. I made my wallet before "accounts" were a thing the way they are now, so all the info to allow me to log in was stored in Chrome's various data files and databases. If you are having trouble logging in and you made your account more than a few months ago, you may have the correct password but still need a .bin, a brainkey, or some other backup of the actual wallet (private keys) itself. Luckily I had versioned backups of these and was able to recover from them.

I now have the password, bin file, and a brain key backed up in multiple secure locations. Hopefully that will be enough to prevent this from happening in the future.

Thanks again everyone, and especially fluxer555 for the help.

I think this is my same problem! I have my private brain key but the password isn't working. How were you able to recover the account?
:)

Offline svk

From what I can see you already claimed all your 47691 BTS that you had in the old chain a year ago. You also got some vesting balances from the merger, a total of 5 BTS of which you've claimed 4 and now need to claim the remaining 1 BTS. Just check the checkbox, select the account to claim to and voila.

Offline benold1

• View Profile
  • BitShares: benold1
I have a very similar issue.  In 0.9.3c I do see my correct balance, but there is also a register transaction that failed. 

In the new blockchain, I can see the balance in the explorer

but when I try to import my json keys the unclaimed balance is next to nothing. 

When I first tried to import, it only imported 3 keys.  Then I downloaded the old blockchain from a torrent, rescanned, regenerated my keys, rescanned again, then exported again and was able to import 51 keys, but the unclaimed balance is still way too low.  I haven't claimed the balance in my new bitshares 2.0 account yet, just trying to access my old account benold1 first.

Any help would be much appreciated, willing to pay a fee @fluxer555 @Kobalt13

Offline Profet

• View Profile
  • BitShares: profet
Interesting. My account was not registered to blockchain either.

I get the same error if trying to import private key "Key import error: TypeError: Cannot read property 'key' of null."

But I can log in is just I don't see my coins in 2.0

Offline Kobalt13

• View Profile
THANKS TO FLUXER555 I HAVE MY WALLET AND ACCOUNT BACK!

He helped me in exchange for a fee, and he was professional, kind, available, and knowledgeable.

Not sure if it will help anyone else, but my issue was not with my password, but it was with the wallet data itself. I never backed up the .bin file so that was gone. I made my wallet before "accounts" were a thing the way they are now, so all the info to allow me to log in was stored in Chrome's various data files and databases. If you are having trouble logging in and you made your account more than a few months ago, you may have the correct password but still need a .bin, a brainkey, or some other backup of the actual wallet (private keys) itself. Luckily I had versioned backups of these and was able to recover from them.

I now have the password, bin file, and a brain key backed up in multiple secure locations. Hopefully that will be enough to prevent this from happening in the future.

Thanks again everyone, and especially fluxer555 for the help.

Offline Kobalt13

• View Profile
I am offering 5,000 BTS to anyone who can help me one-on-one with recovering this wallet. Chatting over voice/video would be helpful if you can. Send me a message.

Thanks

Offline Kobalt13

• View Profile
I have gone under Restore/Import (under a different account) and tried to import the private key.

It tells me it found 1 valid key, but when I hit Import Keys it says "Key import error: TypeError: Cannot read property 'key' of null.

Does anyone know why I would be getting this error?

I then logged out and tried the same restore/import. This asked me for a password and I used the same one as my 0.9.3c account and it worked. However this looks like its only letting me claim the unclaimed balance of ~7,000 BTS. When I try to claim this under a different account (because it still didnt give me access to Kobalt13) it gives me Error Claiming Balance: AssertionError.

Thank you all again for the help with this

Offline svk

You go to the settings and then restore using the private key directly.

Offline Kobalt13

• View Profile
The saga continues.... So I know I did this transfer but none of the passwords I though I used or generated are working for that account.

If I still have my private key is there a way I can recover or access this? Or am I out of luck unless I can remember/figure out my password?

Thank you all again

Offline Kobalt13

• View Profile
Does this mean that I, or possibly someone else, already claimed my accounts balance on the 2.0 block chain?

Offline Kobalt13

• View Profile
Thanks for the quick reply.

I saw that and I'm not clear on what that meant. But I think that may have been me who did that.

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav