Author Topic: 0.9.3c unable to lock file by block1 when rebuilding index  (Read 1983 times)

Offline questionsquestions

• View Profile
These steps may help (courtesy of Ar3s701 on reddit)

Just recovered my Bitshares X and there was a few parts not covered in the migration guide.

Scenario: I had Bitshares in the old Bitshares X client (0.4 or whatever) and a backup from that wallet that I wanted to migrate to Bitshares 2.0.

• Installed my old Bitshares X client.
  • Imported/Recovered my old wallet.
  • Went into the console and ran the command "wallet_dump_private_key" to get my private key from Bitshares X. You'll need this in the next few steps.
  • Installed Bitshares client 0.9.3c and downloaded the Legacy Blockchain. Note that it took about an hour or more of it to resync after adding in the legacy blockchain.
  • Add in your account to client 0.9.3c. Since there was nothing for the client to sync to and importing my wallet kept telling me I had the wrong password, I added the name of my account from bitshares x and then I was able to claim it with my private key I exported earlier.
  • You need to resync again before you'll see your balance. It takes a long time but not as long as the first time. (Goto account list->advanced settings->console and run rescan)
  • Now we can finally run the command that we need. wallet_export_keys C:\Users[your user name]\Desktop\keys.json
  • Now that you have your keys, you can claim your lost bitshares. I was able to claim them on the online wallet https://bitshares.org

Once you've reclaim, make more backups.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2017, 08:56:33 pm by questionsquestions »

Offline Bottleneck

• View Profile
Anyone able to shed some light in regard to the above questions?

THX!

Offline Bottleneck

• View Profile
Thanks for your answer.

A few extra questions: I read somewhere that for the balance to show up in the 2.0 wallet that the transactions should be synched in the 0.9.3c wallet before making the back-up. Are you saying this is not necessary? If I import it as it is now with in the balance only the PTS-claim showing and not the funds of the unsynched transaction. Can I then later import it again should the transactionfunds not show in the 2.0 wallet?

If not it is probably safer to import the JSON-backup in a newly downloaded 0.9.3c wallet and try there from the start with the downloaded legacy-chain. As I understand it the foder chain I got from the torrent is what needs to be placed instead of the chain folder that is already there, no extra files need to be added to the downloaded chain folder?

Then I read somewhere in the bitshares documentation:
"Due to a known bug, if you are on Windows the only option that will work for you is the console command - the file exported using the menu will not be compatible with BTS 2.0. This refers to Windows only."
I made the back-up through the UI so I'll have to make a back-up through the console command if I understand correctly.

Thnaks for the help!

Offline svk

You could just move your wallet or json backup to a new computer yes.

Have you tried importing your json backup in the new client? You may not need to sync the old chain first, it's only an issue for people that used their wallets actively and thus had a lot of keys due to how that wallet worked.
Worker: dev.bitsharesblocks

Offline Bottleneck

• View Profile
Hi all,

Two days of trying all sorts of things now reaching out, hoping someone can provide some feedback.
I have a windows 7 computer old laptop

SItuation:
*I have a 0.9.3c wallet (I also have JSON-backup) that I registered way back to send some funds from Bter to.
* I can see see the transaction from Bter but the funds do not show up in the balance (My reasoning is that I never managed to sync the blockchain up to the point of that transaction.
* Also in this wallet I imported a PTS-claim which does show on the balance.

Problems:
* I folowed the migration guide and downloaded the legacy chain-folder. I then put this chain-folder in place of the chain-folder that was already there.
* I then started the bitshares-wallet (at this point the laptop was not connected with the internet anymore and was very patient but after 24 hours nothing had happened, still 'starting bitshares'.
* I then tried it in command line of windows: c:/program files/Bitshares/bin>bitshares_client.exe --rebuild-index, but then I get the folowing error:
unable to lock file at block1

Anyone able to shed some light on this, I would of course be very thankful.

Can I maybe use the JSON-backup to import in a new 0.9.3c wallet (that I can not register anymore I guess) and try it on another computer because the laptop where the wallet is on now is very shaky?

« Last Edit: June 12, 2017, 11:28:06 am by Bottleneck »