Author Topic: The real difference between AGS and PTS  (Read 7808 times)

sumantso

Re: The real difference between AGS and PTS
« Reply #30 on: January 23, 2014, 10:01:31 pm »
Do you mean 1:1 with respect to your profits from AGS vs. PTS?

No, I meant the absolute number I hold. I currently have more PTS than AGS.

AGS is like nitro. You burn up the BTC to get a boost in BitsharesX.

Offline yellowecho

« Reply #31 on: January 24, 2014, 04:32:14 pm »
Perhaps I haven't done enough research but it seems that PTS is a better deal right now.  Rather than getting a 1:1 like before, now PTS is getting 5:1 (BTS/PTS) while still maintaining a position in future DACs while AGS gets ~5:1 with no position.  Sure, you can roll the dice bidding for a few more BTS by investing in AGS... but at the current rate most PTS will be frozen in the AGS account in a couple of months.. meaning the opportunity to to bid using PTS will be far greater in the future.  So the value of PTS will increase while the price may decrease...
Am I wrong on this?   :-\
696c6f766562726f776e696573

sumantso

« Reply #32 on: January 24, 2014, 05:31:53 pm »
Whats the 5:1?

Offline yellowecho

« Reply #33 on: January 24, 2014, 08:23:40 pm »

Bitshares to Protoshares

Offline bytemaster

« Reply #34 on: January 24, 2014, 08:26:20 pm »
4 million bts. 2 mill pts. 2 mill ags

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

sumantso

« Reply #35 on: January 24, 2014, 09:38:29 pm »

Bitshares to Protoshares

How?

2 million BTSX will be distributed among 1.2-1.3m PTS; making almost 1.3 BTSX/PTS.
2 million BTSX will be distributed among 0.6-2m AGS; making anything between 3-1 BTSX/AGS.

Personally I am optimistic we will get at least 2+ BTSX/AGS. If not, I will round up the fellow AGS donors, grab some pitchforks and gasoline, and head over to Bytemaster's castle.

Offline maqifrnswa

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 25, 2014, 05:06:57 am »
S
But at the current rate most PTS will be frozen in the AGS account in a couple of months.. meaning the opportunity to to bid using PTS will be far greater in the future.  So the value of PTS will increase while the price may decrease...
Am I wrong on this?   :-\
pts aren't frozen in the ags account, they are used to fund development.
maintains an Ubuntu PPA: https://launchpad.net/~showard314/+archive/ubuntu/bitshares [15% delegate] wallet_account_set_approval maqifrnswa true [50% delegate] wallet_account_set_approval delegate1.maqifrnswa true

sumantso

« Reply #37 on: January 25, 2014, 04:04:41 pm »
Looks like the market is tending towards parity in PTS and AGS value. As a PTS holder I am seriously peeved at the raw deal I3 gave us.

Offline yellowecho

« Reply #38 on: January 25, 2014, 05:10:24 pm »
As a PTS holder I am seriously peeved at the raw deal I3 gave us.

Can you explain?  I thought PTS was more valuable now because rather than receiving 10% of the DAC the PTS shares now receive 50%.. is that inaccurate?

sumantso

« Reply #39 on: January 25, 2014, 05:31:12 pm »

Can you explain?  I thought PTS was more valuable now because rather than receiving 10% of the DAC the PTS shares now receive 50%.. is that inaccurate?

AGS kind of ended up pegging PTS value. People are now selling PTS for AGS.

Offline yellowecho

« Reply #40 on: January 25, 2014, 05:41:10 pm »

That doesn't explain how I3 gave us a "raw deal" though.  PTS gets 5x more BTS than originally promised now so even if the nominal value falls you're still ahead in terms of BTS.  And if you're upset about that, why don't you just liquidate your PTS for AGS like everyone else? 

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 25, 2014, 05:57:06 pm »

That just makes sense to a certain extend though. Because holding PTS gives you BTS plus you can keep your PTS.... Think that was an exception today because someone put in a lot at once which is about half of the PTS donated...

Offline FelixO

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 27, 2014, 07:59:34 pm »

Bitshares to Protoshares

How?

2 million BTSX will be distributed among 1.2-1.3m PTS; making almost 1.3 BTSX/PTS.
2 million BTSX will be distributed among 0.6-2m AGS; making anything between 3-1 BTSX/AGS.

Personally I am optimistic we will get at least 2+ BTSX/AGS. If not, I will round up the fellow AGS donors, grab some pitchforks and gasoline, and head over to Bytemaster's castle.

Yes I keep reading references towards a 5:1 distribution but your explanation seems to contain more reasonable numbers. It's quite hard to find such essential informations. There really should be a place where all important informations like this are gathered in an easily accessible and understandable way, without having to spend hours digging through countless forum posts. (with the abundance of intellect in this crowd this is admittedly fun though  ;) )

That aside, I am still unsure whether I should donate BTC or buy more PTS. What do you guys think, is there a ratio of PTS/AGS that you strive for, or do you essentially prefer one over the other?
Also, are AGS useable after the introduction of BTS, in the same way I would still be able to use my ProtoShares or are they 'gone' after this process and merely represent the amount of individual donations for BTS?

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
« Reply #43 on: January 27, 2014, 08:15:40 pm »
That aside, I am still unsure whether I should donate BTC or buy more PTS. What do you guys think, is there a ratio of PTS/AGS that you strive for, or do you essentially prefer one over the other?

AGS for more bitshares/$, PTS for resale value and tbh I secretly think people in the future (not invictus) would honor PTS but not AGS.

Also, are AGS useable after the introduction of BTS, in the same way I would still be able to use my ProtoShares or are they 'gone' after this process and merely represent the amount of individual donations for BTS?

I3 will honor AGS in all of their DACs
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 27, 2014, 08:40:46 pm »
... and tbh I secretly think people in the future (not invictus) would honor PTS but not AGS.

Why?