Author Topic: Bitshares account password incorrect error.  (Read 7401 times)

Offline trevor-utz

If you have a backup that means you are using the wallet model, which also means you cannot use the account + password login. If you want to move to another computer or browser you need to activate the wallet model and restore from your backup.

I signed up originally under the account model. The account name is trevor-utz. I could pm my password, but I never originally signed up for the wallet. I only used the wallet method afterwards to check to see if I could transfer accounts to different browsers or to the desktop application. Wallet method worked for transfers.

Would switching to a wallet model basically deactivate your account you created? Is there any way to log back into the account even without a wallet attached? I am positive I have an account. I have transactions that are associated with the account and a balance. If switching to a wallet model renders the account you signed up for useless, that seems very confusing.

Password was said to be incorrect when trying to transfer browsers on the account method. Maybe something to look into. 

I appreciate the fast response and attention. I have heard this issue coming from some people in tele chat as well. Same problem as me. The password for the account works internally to unlock default wallet that comes with the account-model account. However the password does not work when transferring browsers.

Offline svk

Also having password issues. I am positive the password is correct.

I created a new account and cannot access using password unless wallet is set up along with it. Is this built into the system this way? I was told it should work independently of the wallet model, but it seems very dependent on the wallet.

I would say the accounts and passwords needs to be improved. I've tested this a couple of times and came back with errors before when I hadn't in the past. Regardless, I have backups now so I am able to access the account, but this seems like a huge misleading problem to people who know their passwords and are getting the incorrect password screen.

If you have a backup that means you are using the wallet model, which also means you cannot use the account + password login. If you want to move to another computer or browser you need to activate the wallet model and restore from your backup.
Worker: dev.bitsharesblocks

Offline san_angelo17

• View Profile
  • BitShares: a452017
I am having the same problem for the last few days - cannot get into account and Not able to find much support.

I have 4 Ether sitting in my account. Its not a small amount so am really concerned. 

Offline trevor-utz

Also having password issues. I am positive the password is correct.

I created a new account and cannot access using password unless wallet is set up along with it. Is this built into the system this way? I was told it should work independently of the wallet model, but it seems very dependent on the wallet.

I would say the accounts and passwords needs to be improved. I've tested this a couple of times and came back with errors before when I hadn't in the past. Regardless, I have backups now so I am able to access the account, but this seems like a huge misleading problem to people who know their passwords and are getting the incorrect password screen.

Offline thetiniestaccount

I did not use the wallet model.

Offline svk

Did you use the wallet or account model when creating the account? Try switching between the two in the login dialog.
Worker: dev.bitsharesblocks

Offline thetiniestaccount

Hello, I'm unable to access my Bitshares account. I deposited a few fractions of ETH into it as a test, but now I can't sell or transfer them as the interface says my password is incorrect.

I can sign a message with the private key of the account I sent the ETH from if that's any use, but I can't imagine I could have mistyped my password when entering it as I copied it moments later.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2017, 09:54:14 am by thetiniestaccount »