Author Topic: MemoryCoin Wallet 0.8.581 Bug  (Read 7724 times)

Offline stalemate

• Memorycoin CMO
    • View Profile
    • Coaex Precious Metals
What are you seeing with wallet encryption?

I immediately encrypted again. It was not encrypted when I installed over the older client.

Older client : 0.8.571
New client : 0.8.581 with built-in miner

seraphim and itsik78 didn't confirm this issue. maybe it is just me but let's keep an eye on that.
Coaex Precious Metals - Cryptocoin Gold and Silver Bullion
Memorycoin Chief Marketing Officer - Voting Address: MVTEcmoa78Tg5gRHzfjk5y5eaBxzP6GEYQ

Offline FreeTrade

• View Profile
What are you seeing with wallet encryption?
“People should be more sophisticated? How are you gonna get that done?” - Jerry Seinfeld reply to Bill Maher

Offline stalemate

• Memorycoin CMO
    • View Profile
    • Coaex Precious Metals
The new version will only show one receiving address - that's your default wallet address.

The other addresses are still present in your wallet and can be added through importprivkey, importmemorywallet etc, but we're encouraging a 'one address = one wallet' model.

If there's a lot of demand, we'll look at adding a switch to allow more addresses to be displayed in the interface.

Yeah, thanks to seraphim, now I figured it out using "listaddressgroupings"
but wallet encryption is a serious bug. Please test it on a Windows x64.
Memorycoin Chief Marketing Officer - Voting Address: MVTEcmoa78Tg5gRHzfjk5y5eaBxzP6GEYQ

Offline FreeTrade

• View Profile
The new version will only show one receiving address - that's your default wallet address.

The other addresses are still present in your wallet and can be added through importprivkey, importmemorywallet etc, but we're encouraging a 'one address = one wallet' model.

If there's a lot of demand, we'll look at adding a switch to allow more addresses to be displayed in the interface.
“People should be more sophisticated? How are you gonna get that done?” - Jerry Seinfeld reply to Bill Maher

Offline stalemate

• Memorycoin CMO
    • View Profile
    • Coaex Precious Metals
After installing the latest version, I lost wallet encryption and my voting address.
Surprisingly, wallet.dat is not lost. Well done, guys. Good job!

edit: importprivkey [secretkey] is not working either. Deleted all the blockchain files, having a clean install like I do in every new release!
« Last Edit: January 19, 2014, 01:03:01 pm by stalemate »