Author Topic: How to transfer BTS to cold wallet?  (Read 5526 times)

Offline Arkanoid

• View Profile
Thank you for answers

One more question.
Password of my account doesn't work anymore After I change Active and Owner permision key

Do I understand right that this is standard result of changing the key and now I should create new account and import private key and foret about previuos account?

Offline Permie

• BitShares is the mycelium of the financial-earth
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: krimduss
To put it simply, your account name IS your public key now

BTS 2 doesn't work without an account name.
You cannot search for a public key :)
JonnyBitcoin votes for liquidity and simplicity. Make him your proxy?
BTSDEX.COM

Offline Arkanoid

• View Profile
I'm looking for service where I can check balance by public key. Not by account name

Offline pc

• View Profile
    • Bitcoin - Perspektive oder Risiko?
  • BitShares: cyrano
You can check the account at cryptofresh for example: http://cryptofresh.com/u/dan (where "dan" is an example account name).
Bitcoin - Perspektive oder Risiko? ISBN 978-3-8442-6568-2 http://bitcoin.quisquis.de

Offline Arkanoid

• View Profile
Thanks Permie. It works fine. And now everything is clear to me.

Last question. How to check balance of cold wallet? I'm looking for analogue of www.blockchain.info

Offline Permie

• View Profile
I've import new public key to owner permisions. After that I'm not able to make any transaction in openledger anymore. There is notice:
Failed to broadcast the transaction:
Transaction was not signed. Do you have a private key? [no_signers]

This is GOOD. If you were able to make a transaction (spend your paper wallet) this would mean that the private key was exposed, and the paper wallet NO LONGER COLD, it would become 'hot'

You will need to fund this paper wallet by sending funds from your ANDROID/Separate account

To IMPORT PRIVATE KEY go to 'cog' > settings > Restore/Import > Select "Import private key" from the drop down menu.

ONLY IMPORT PRIVATE KEY WHEN YOU WANT TO SPEND/BREAK YOUR PAPER WALLET.
ONCE YOU IMPORT THE PAPER WALLET PRIVATE KEY IT IS NO LONGER A PAPER WALLET

:)
BTSDEX.COM

Offline Arkanoid

• View Profile
Hello Permie

Thank you for your instruction. I'm trying to test it on small amount as you recomend. It seems that it is certainly what I need

I've import new public key to owner permisions. After that I'm not able to make any transaction in openledger anymore. There is notice:
Failed to broadcast the transaction:
Transaction was not signed. Do you have a private key? [no_signers]

But I can make transactions from my Android application where I import private key.

Just one question. How to import private key to my ledger account? I only find where to import public key
Thank you!

Offline Permie

• View Profile
Hello there,

PLEASE DO NOT FOLLOW THESE INSTRUCTIONS UNTIL SOMEONE ELSE HAS CONFIRMED THIS METHOD IS CORRECT!!!

Or test it for yourself with small amount of bts.

========

Use the Jshares-master to create a Public and Private keypair.

Preferably this should be on a virus-free computer. A 'Virtual Machine' is best for this.
Here is a guide that MAY be out of date, but it explains how to set up a VM and use it to create a paper wallet. It was written for BTS 1(!) (pre-2015).

https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,17114.msg218731.html

Once you have created a BTS 2.0 paper wallet; www.paperwallet.bitshares.eu

You should have a Public Key and a Private key written down on paper.
The Private key is super secret and should never be photographed, typed into a computer, or anything other than written down on paper (preferably on more than one piece of paper in 2 separate SECURE locations to mitigate the risk of a house-fire).

NOW THAT YOU HAVE AN (UNFUNDED) PAPER WALLET (Public + private key written on paper)

You will NEED TO create an account using either the BitShares client (download: https://bitshares.org/download/)
OR
the bitshares webwallet at https://bitshares.org/wallet
OR
www.openledger.io

(All 3 are cross-compatible so it doesn't really matter for the purposes of a paper wallet)

Create an account, and backup the brainkey (possibly not essential but always better to be safe that sorry).
WRITE DOWN THE ACCOUNT NAME ON YOUR PAPER WALLET.

This account name WILL BECOME (after following this guide) the address which you need to send funds to, to have them stored on your paper wallet.

ON THIS ACCOUNT on openledger (for example):
1) Click the 'cog' icon in the top right of the screen.
2) Select "settings"
3) Select "accounts" (on the left hand side of the new "settings" screen)
4) Select "view keys"
5) Select "Owner permissions"
6) You will see a long (53(?) characters) "BTS5.....sdfsdfsdfsdf" PUBLIC(?) key. This is teh public key created when you made this new account. You don't want that key.
7) Click "Remove"
8) Now you want to "add" the PUBLIC key that you have written on your paper wallet. Type this PUBLIC key into the box and click "Add".
9) you will be asked to type in the password to the account to make these changes.
10) This account name SHOULD now be linked to the paper wallet.
11) Send a TINY TEST amount of BTS to this account.
12) If it appears to go through, you may wish to TEST THIS PROCESS by "importing private key" of the paper wallet into another account.
13) If the private key import results in your TEST PAPER WALLET funds being recovered, then you can be confident you know what you're doing.

14) REPEAT this process all over again with a NEW paper wallet generated. Except this time send real funds, and DO NOT "import private key" until such time that you want to "smash" your cold storage private key.

:)
BTSDEX.COM

Offline Arkanoid

• View Profile
Please help me to transfer BTS from OpenLedger or Poloniex account to new cold wallet
I've issued cold wallet by jshares-master. But I don't understand how make it.
I like to do this to make safe invistition. Just print out cold wallet and put it to the strongbox. I don't like to keep BTS on login-password account